English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 02 May 2023, 23:13   #1
PiCiJi

Denise bugfixes and improvements

I would discuss bugs and improvements here.
A new nightly is currently building.

- add a drag'n'drop overlay.
If you drag a file onto the viewport, you will now see as many tiles as drives are allowed.
Underneath is a "Power" tile. This means that not only the ADF is inserted, but also a reboot is performed.
On the C64, very few games have more than one disc. The setting "activate restart on drag'n'drop" is not sufficient for Amiga. Sometimes you want to start a new game, sometimes you want to insert an followup disc.
A hard reset is performed on the C64 and a soft reset on the Amiga, so that the kickrom is not lost on the A1000.

- fix a D-Video bug not clearing screen when using native or integer scaling
- fix sound bug in Mission Elevator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007
There's a minor GUI glitch in the "Auswahl"-list: vertical height is too small. Msg from gtk:
I installed Arch in a VM with xfce and the problem didn't occur. However, I rebuilt it. Now the entire available height should be used for treeview widget.

Last edited by PiCiJi; 03 May 2023 at 00:06.
Old 03 May 2023, 12:58   #2
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

While testing the game "Jim Power - Mutant Planet" (and some others) I was playing around with the options/audio drivers to see how it works and I found that only Wasapi_Exclusive has a significant delay when firing vs. the sound appearing on my system!? (not sure why, as I don't notice any problem with Wasapi_Exclusive on WinUAE)

So I'm wondering if it's just on my system or is it a problem in Denise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCiJi View Post
- fix sound bug in Mission Elevator
Tested in new nightly build and it works fine now. (Thanks)
Old 03 May 2023, 22:12   #3
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

What "Latency" value have you set for Waspi? I use 7-10ms and it's just fine. Have you tried "high priority" too?
Old 03 May 2023, 22:25   #4
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

I used default 30ms and now set it to 10ms and its fine. (Thanks)
Old 03 May 2023, 22:41   #5
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Wasapi exclusive is for low latency. So, it makes sense that it now works for you.
Old 03 May 2023, 23:04   #6
PiCiJi

Yes, Wasapi exclusive is something special and LAG's under 10 ms are possible. I mean, Linux and macOS don't have anything comparable here.
Wasapi Exclusive kills your parallel running Youtube video, because it's exclusive. :-)
Waspai Exclusive + one frame runahead + VRR kill most of the input LAG.

I have a ticket that neither Wasapi shared nor exclusive in Denise works on Windows 11 ???
Old 04 May 2023, 14:50   #7
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Waspai Exclusive + one frame runahead + VRR kill most of the input LAG.
Runahead is good for all games that are not using hardware collisions!

But for Rotor (1989)(Arcana), Squamble (19xx)(Skyline) and even in Pinball Dreams hw collisions stops to function. (luckily, there aren't many of them)
Old 04 May 2023, 21:01   #8
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438
Runahead is good for all games that are not using hardware collisions!
But for Rotor (1989)(Arcana), Squamble (19xx)(Skyline) and even in Pinball Dreams hw collisions stops to function. (luckily, there aren't many of them)
runahead runs in 2 modes. Disable performance mode for games that use hardware collisions. However, you will then need a powerful PC.

new Nightly is currently being built.
- the CLI sprite bug, e.g. mouse pointer in bottom part of workbench should be fixed. Maybe this will fix other mentioned software with problems as well.

- fixed crash when an incompatible A1200/4000 WB 3.1 rom is accidentally inserted
Old 05 May 2023, 13:56   #9
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
runahead runs in 2 modes. Disable performance mode for games that use hardware collisions. However, you will then need a powerful PC.
My 4 core (potato) PC is still capable to deal with this with no sound prob.! (but only in both Wasapi modes at 15ms)
(Maybe also because the emulator uses all 4 cores simultaneously = some max 30% in the win task manager on my PC)
(I also have enabled Threaded Emulation in Options/Generic tab! = wonder how many threads emu is capable to use ... more than 4?)

Waspai Exclusive + one frame runahead = once you try it you never go back! (such a nice feature with almost unnoticeable sense of lag)

Quote:
new Nightly is currently being built.
- the CLI sprite bug, e.g. mouse pointer in bottom part of workbench should be fixed. Maybe this will fix other mentioned software with problems as well.
It seems this fixed also this previous problematic: CFF-Golddisk02.adf ... <8> The Link Ultra Demo #1 = occasional glitches on screen!

Last edited by amilo3438; 05 May 2023 at 14:42.
Old 05 May 2023, 16:02   #10
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438
My 4 core (potato) PC is still capable to deal with this with no sound prob.! (but only in both Wasapi modes at 15ms)

I enabled "Preselect fullscreen resolution" 1920x1080@50 with exclusive fullscreen and all movements looks really smooth, as its possible. (even my monitor is only 60Hz, so no VRR.)
Your monitor is capable of 50 Hz and then switches to 50 Hz in fullscreen. 15 ms audio latency is quite ok but I can also do 5 without audio problems.
How low the audio latency can be set in combination with hardware Vsync depends on the graphics driver and possibly on the hardware.
If the audio interference only occurs from time to time, you should switch on Dynamic Rate Control (Meu: Options -> DRC). This option synchronizes the Audio Buffer to the refresh rate to prevent overflow or underflow. This is done by slight inaudible correction of the audio pitch.
Only small errors can be compensated. So it will only bring an improvement if the error occurs sporadically.
You could also try to reduce the PAULA sample interval. (Menu: Amiga ->Audio)

Quote:
(Maybe also because the emulator uses all 4 cores simultaneously = some max 30% in the win task manager on my PC)
(I also have enabled Threaded Emulation in Options/Generic tab! = wonder how many threads emu is capable to use ... more than 4?)
Threaded emulation executes the Amiga emulation and the UI in different threads. This has the advantage that most actions in the UI do not cause any audio crackling. E.g. enlarge display image or select file in file explorer.

Threaded Renderer executes the rendering in an extra thread. With a standard monitor, this has the advantage that the emulator can also run Vsync at crooked refresh rates. This does not mean that a standard monitor can display PAL smoothly scrolling on a 60 Hz display. The Vsync quality is simply better here at crooked refresh rates.
So this is primarily intended for people who are not ready to set their monitor to 50 Hz for PAL or who do but still prefer the original speed. (49.92 , 50.08)

The emulation of the Amiga (without picture/sound output) runs in only one thread.
More would not make sense. Attempts to distribute the emulation over several threads lead to cores running under full load and the Emu just manages 50 Hz.
Permanent thread synchronization, which is necessary for an accurate emulator, destroys all the advantages of parallelization.

I just noticed that Shadow of the Beast with ECS Agnus causes small errors in the scrolling title screen . (flickering branch is on the way :-))
directly after inserting Disk 2

Last edited by PiCiJi; 05 May 2023 at 16:10.
Old 05 May 2023, 18:36   #11
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Yes, my monitor supports also some resolutions @50Hz but only over hdmi connector. (over old vga is 60Hz or 75Hz)

I now keep enabled Threaded emulation and disabled Threaded Renderer and in Options are enabled: Synchronize Video, Adaptive Sync, DRC and Show FPS.
(my nvidia driver supports adaptive sync and is enabled)

With Threaded Renderer disabled then everything run only on one core, only when it is set on full screen.

I tried also with 5ms audio latency and it works ok if there are nothing demanding (decided to keep it on 15ms, doesn't feel a big difference and it works fine for me)
(Edit: With Performance mode enabled it works fine also on 5ms.)

While looking at FPS it seems rock solid @50Hz. (only the 3rd decimal fluctuate a little bit a few digits up or down)

It's a pleasure to play games again with these settings.

Last edited by amilo3438; 05 May 2023 at 19:15.
Old 05 May 2023, 19:57   #12
jbl007

Quote:
I installed Arch in a VM with xfce and the problem didn't occur. However, I rebuilt it. Now the entire available height should be used for treeview widget.
Works for me now, thanks.

Regarding DMS support... Do you know temisu's Amiga decompressor C++ library? Maybe it can be useful for Denise, so you don't have to reinvent the wheel.
https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=86236
https://github.com/temisu/ancient

The new drag&drop tiles don't work correctly with HiDPI scaling. Drop coordinates are way off. I have to target the lower right part of the window to activate the upper left tile.
I think it should be reproducible it you set GDK_SCALE=2 env.-var.

Last edited by jbl007; 05 May 2023 at 20:49.
Old 06 May 2023, 20:08   #13
PiCiJi

nightly
- fix loading of ZIP with more than one file from command line (frontendloader).
- fix hi-lighting of drop zones for Linux GTK overlay in hi-dpi
- fix Pinball Dreams
Quote:
Regarding DMS support... Do you know temisu's Amiga decompressor C++ library? Maybe it can be useful for Denise, so you don't have to reinvent the wheel.
I'll add DMS when all the problematic demos mentioned are fixed.
Quote:
The new drag&drop tiles don't work correctly with HiDPI scaling.
good find ... fixed

Pinball activates Genlock for the Beat-Box table for a short time. This seems to happen accidentally, because if you activate 2 drives, this does not happen.
Genlock emulation reworked.

Quote:
I tried also with 5ms audio latency and it works ok if there are nothing demanding (decided to keep it on 15ms, doesn't feel a big difference and it works fine for me)
Yes, with such computationally intensive settings, a peak load (e.g. virus scanner try to update or scan) is sufficient to upset the order.

Quote:
While looking at FPS it seems rock solid @50Hz. (only the 3rd decimal fluctuate a little bit a few digits up or down)
Like me. This is good enough. Each monitor causes small fluctuations in the context of hardware Vsync.

Last edited by PiCiJi; 06 May 2023 at 20:17.
Old 06 May 2023, 21:21   #14
jbl007

Quote:
good find ... fixed
Works now, thanks!

FYI: gcc got updated from 12 to 13. I had to add
#include <cstdint>
to some .h files. (I only knew because the compiler told me to do so).
Attached Files
File Type: txt diff.patch.txt (1.9 KB, 52 views)
Old 07 May 2023, 22:03   #15
PiCiJi

Quote:
FYI: gcc got updated from 12 to 13. I had to add #include <cstdint> to some .h files. (I only knew because the compiler told me to do so).
Ok, I'll add the headers.
"march=native" option is not intended for distribution. Previously, I had included this option and this (can) led to crashes if the user's architecture does not match that of the build system.
I had been looking for the problem forever at the time.
Old 08 May 2023, 19:09   #16
PiCiJi

nightly
- adding headers to build in newer GCC versions (I need to update)
- gray out "edit" menu for amiga until it's implemented
- improve drag'n'drop overlay for Linux/GTK. As in the Windows and Cocoa ports, there are as many slots as drives have been selected.
- the new drag'n'drop overlay causes a soft reset for A1000 only, otherwise a power cycle (*)
- fix TEK-Rampage (2 bugs)
1. mentioned colored circles part (spr + both non transparent bitplanes priority bug)
2. broken lines in stretched screen, just before vector/landscape part (demo changes bplcon1 more times midline) -> denise shifter needs to be emptied when masked hpos matches bplcon1 and not ored with existing data
Maybe this will fix other mentioned software with problems as well.

(*) frequent soft resets cause unexpected behavior in some games. I haven't really analyzed it yet, but I suspect that some software can't handle the fact that the memory is not initialized after the last use. Maybe it's a emu bug. I noticed this with the game "deathtrap". That's why I'd better trigger a hard reset, except for the A1000 so as not to lose the kickstart.

Last edited by PiCiJi; 08 May 2023 at 19:37.
Old 08 May 2023, 20:15   #17
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
nightly

- fix TEK-Rampage (2 bugs)
1. mentioned colored circles part (spr + both non transparent bitplanes priority bug)
2. broken lines in stretched screen, just before vector/landscape part (demo changes bplcon1 more times midline) -> denise shifter needs to be emptied when masked hpos matches bplcon1 and not ored with existing data
Maybe this will fix other mentioned software with problems as well.
Checked and it works fine now. (Thanks!)
(not sure for others, will check when find more time)
Old 09 May 2023, 20:41   #18
jbl007

Quote:
"march=native" option is not intended for distribution.
Ah, yes of course. I added this for my own purpose and forgot to remove it before I did the diff.
Nevertheless... GCC13 is happy now. :-)
Old 09 May 2023, 21:22   #19
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
Ah, yes of course. I added this for my own purpose and forgot to remove it before I did the diff.
Nevertheless... GCC13 is happy now. :-)
I could never see a performance gain with "march=native".
Old 10 May 2023, 18:46   #20
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

I sorted the remaining problems according to similarity:

01) Copper WAIT with BFD=0!
------------------------------
OLD_BULLS-Fugazi-A.adf ... crashes after 2nd green text (it should work in ECS) Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-26)!
2/3 bugs fixed -> todo: need to fix some black lines in animation directly after green texts Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-02)!

02) Glitches on a whole screen or partly!
--------------------------------------------
Cave-Soporific06.adf ... F1 Cult (New demo) glitches on bottom text reflection! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-12)!
Cave-Soporific06.adf ... F2 Cult (Short but sweet 2) green glitches! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-12)!
Cave-Soporific06.adf ... F3 Silents (new demo) glitches on bottom text! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-12)!
Humanoids-Compact53.adf ... F10 Ipec Elite (should work fine in OCS!) Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-12)
MF-BulliePack0x.adf ... Main menu whole screen glitches! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-12)
Polarbears-Collection02.adf ... F3 First Movement by Wanton whole screen glitches! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-12)
MagicPack066.adf ... Scoopex - Crack Intro whole screen glitches! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-13)
MWB-DemoCollectionDisk16.adf ... MF-New Intro whole screen glitches! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-08)
Anathema-NeSouthEast65.adf ... Turnips intro glitches on rotating cube! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-09)
RAZOR1911-WeShaveAss.adf ... some problem with scroller text on the end! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-09)
VD-AbsoluteInebriation-A.adf ... some gfx problems on part after the title screen Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-09)
Quarterline-TrRickDangerous.adf Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-10)!

BigMarcPack40.adf ... F4
The blue bottom text "Bytebeast" glitches!
(in "The Zone")(A500 1.3 512 +512)
How it should look: http://kestra.exotica.org.uk/files/s.../4000/846b.png

EDIT: Hmm, it does not happen in OCS! (so ECS effect probably)
EDIT: Confirmed here as ECS only glitch: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=998

03) Glitches on a vector objects! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-02)!
------------------------------------
Andromeda-DOS.adf
MagicPack066.adf ... BRB - Misery
Scoopex-RangerPack126.adf ... F3
Shining-Overdose47.adf ... So Boring - Shining
Substance-Existance.adf
VD-AbsoluteInebriation-A.adf
FLD-Demodisk092.adf ... C: Forgotten Realism / Mythos
Andromeda-Surrealism.adf
ANDROMEDA-Mindriot.adf
FLD-Demodisk050.adf ... A: Cementery / Possessed (wait after the 1st credit text and then later) Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-10)!

04) Glitch at beginning of the monocycle part!
------------------------------------------------
Humanoids-Compact19.adf ... F2 (tested with OCS 1.2 512 config.)

Edit: It happens on a real machine too: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=998

05) Problem at horizontal and diagonal bars mixes! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-02)!
---------------------------------------------------
MagicPack081.adf ... RamJam - Cooper Slave

06) Right Mouse Buton not return to the main menu!
-------------------------------------------------------
Crusaders-SelectorPack10.adf ... Partyinv. intro Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-10)!

07) Stops at loading! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-13)!
----------------------
Devils-NoReality.adf
NGC_TNOM.adf ... The Nature of Magic by New Generation Crew fails to load (ticket reported) https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=94172

08) Syncronize_CPU_to_display problem! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-28)!
-------------------------------------------
Upfront-CoolFridge.adf ... Smooth Copper (Note: WinUAE use a hack for this one!)
Quote: Don't need a hack for bplcon1, but need one to delay the Copper color change!

09) Other!
-----------
ECS should support changes between PAL & NTSC from software! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-30)!

10) "no fast processors or aga chips allowed!"
--------------------------------------------------
Rink A Dink by Lemon ... Demo refuses to start ... https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=3073 Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-26)!

11) Glitches if performance and/or runAhead is enabled in the emu (Edit: this is just for info) Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-08-06)!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
TURNIPS-WorkForNothing_qdfix.adf ... at the end of the demo upper part glitches if performance and runAhead is enabled together! (in "The Zone")(A500 ECS 1mb Chip ram)
(Note: Glitch happens only if performance & runAhead is enabled! If one of this is disabled = no glitches!)

HITTHEROAD_1.adf ... while in "Floffy2" part click on the Left Mouse Button and it crashes (resets) if runAhead is enabled! (in "The Zone")(A500 ECS 512mb Chip + 512 Slow)
(Note: The problem is only if runAhead is enabled! (performance here doesn't matter))

12) Glitches on a scrolling text!
---------------------------------
Ozone-ShedTearsA.adf ... right side of the scrolling text glitches when a picture is shown! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-28)!
(in "The Zone")(A500 ECS 512mb Chip + 512 Slow)

FLD-Demodisk056.adf ... F: Molecules / IT (at 1st it seems ok, but then errors!) Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-08)!
(in "The Zone")(A500 1.3 512 +512)(compared to winuae)

13) Blitter problem!
--------------------
FLD-Demodisk021.adf ... E: Blitter - Storm = glitches! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-26)!
FLD-Demodisk089.adf ... F: Demo / Hammerhead = glitches in starscroller and the next scroller! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-05-26)!
(in "The Zone")(A500 ECS 512mb Chip + 512 Slow)(compared to winuae)

14) Stops after a while!
------------------------
FLD-Demodisk022.adf ... D: Party-Intro Defcon 1 Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-08)!

FLD-Demodisk083.adf ... G: Tropical Sunset / TSL (demo stops but music continue to play) Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-28)!

15) Missing vertical green scroller! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-28)!
-------------------------------------
FLD-Demodisk047.adf ... C: Connan / TPL!
Quote: Glitch in bottom right part happens on real one too!

16) Missing diagonal white scroller! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-28)!
----------------------------------------
FLD-Demodisk090.adf ... K: Intro / United Forces

17) Scroller jumping! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-08-05)!
------------------------
FLD-Demodisk111.adf ... E: Relaxation / Reality
(in "The Zone")(A500 OCS/ECS 1.3 512 +512)(compared to winuae)

Note:
The 1st bigger scroller is ok in OCS and jumps in ECS = correct. (compared with winuae OCS & ECS)
The 2nd smaller scroller jumps in OCS and ECS = not correct. (does not jump in winuae OCS & ECS)

18) ECS only! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-28)!
----------------
D (1993)(Essence).adf ... Glitch on the left window part during the rotation of the teddy bear!
(in "The Zone")(A500 1.3 ECS 512mb Chip + 512 Slow)

Note: This happens on OCS, but it shouldn't on ECS! (checked on winuae)

19) A1000 only! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-28)!
-------------------
VF&Bey-CrCaptainFizz.adf ... Glitches on Denise A1000! (fine on winuae A1000)
(in "The Zone")(A1000 1.3 512mb Chip)

20)Invalid refresh rates!
-------------------------
BRS-PrimusDemo.adf (good enough already)
Mexx-Intro92x.adf Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-30)!
Mexx-Plasma.adf Edit: Fixed in nightly (2023-07-30)!
(in "The Zone")(A500 1.3 ECS 512mb Chip + 512 Slow)

21) Music disappearing problem!
------------------------------------
BigMarcPack38.adf ... F4: TSL/Lethal

There is some problem with a music in demo disappearing while running a TSL/Lethal as solo .adf file! The music problem is consistent with the emulation! (post #108)
(but seems not problem when running from above pack disk!?)(Edit: At least after hard reset!)

EDIT: More info about here: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=998 (and even more on the next posts there on winuae problematics demos)

EDIT: More detail test from other pack disk too about the music problem: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=91
(For winuae same test check here: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...postcount=1013 )
NOTE: "TSB-Luxpack03.adf" behaves differently in 1.3 ECS 512 config on denise emu in comparison to winuae emu! (denise problem?) Fixed!(see post #111)

22) Paula disk read DMA bug! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2024-03-26)!
---------------------------------
Reality-KninPeaks demo problem (from support.WinUAE): https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=12

The demo (from pouet): https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=27094

More details about the problem (from Undocumented Amiga hardware stuff):
https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=308 (Part 1: What happens)
https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=311 (the offending code)
https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=312 (confirmation)
https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=313 (Part 2: What happens)

23) "APB.ipf" and "xybots.ipf" problem! Edit: Fixed in nightly (2024-03-26)!
--------------------------------------------
APB.ipf - crashes at loading
Xybots.ipf - immediate death at the start of the game

Note: There are two of APB.ipf files known - one already works and the other crashes at loading in Denise!

Solved in WinUAE recently:
https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=216 (the problem)
https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=220 (problem fixed)

EDIT:
Another .ipf games has a problem in Denise too: (config is A500 ECS 512+512 KS13 if not other mentioned)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3D Pool (1989)(Firebird)[0621] ... after choosing option 1 emu stops responding
Altered Beast (1989)(Activision)[0819] ... emu crashes at 1st boss after it create the 2nd cloud
APB - All Points Bulletin (1990)(Tengen - Domark)[1240] ... crashes at loading
Archer Maclean's Pool (1992)(Virgin)[1096] ... entering protection
Arkanoid - Revenge of Doh (1988-11-05)(Imagine)[0765] ... stops loading at the very beginning code problem
Astaroth - The Angel of Death (1989)(Hewson)[1321] ... crashes at loading
Backgammon (1991)(Magic Soft)[1591] ... in game difficult to move mouse pointer if "Input Sampling" is not "static" mode Edit: Fixed in nightly (2024-04-08)!
Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja (1989)(Imagine)[0098] ... crashes at loading (config is A500 OCS 512+512 KS12)
Batman - The Movie (1989)(Ocean)(PAL)[0006]&[0019] ... gets stuck when loading
Battle Chess (1988)(Interplay)[0263] ... crashes in workbench after double click on game icon Edit: Crashes on a real HW too!
Hyperforce & Artificial Dreams (1989)(Addictive)[0493] ... stops loading (config is A500 OCS 512 KS12)
Sensible World of Soccer '95-'96 (1995)(Renegade)[1755] ... crashes at loading (reported in tickets)
Sensible World of Soccer '96-'97 (1996)(Renegade)[0842] ... crashes at loading (reported in tickets)
Xybots (1989)(Tengen - Domark)[1707] ... immediate death at the start of the game

EDIT: Edit: Crashes on a real HW too!
As for Battle Chess, when you start the emu and wait for the WB disc to show up, then insert the Battle Chess disc, the mentioned problem still exists. (crashes after double-clicking the Battle Chess icon)
But if you do a hard reset now with the disc inserted, it won't crash.

New findings:
Beam (1989)(Magic Bytes)[v NorthStar 2][1304] ... stops loading (fine in denise 221) Edit: Fixed in nightly (2024-04-01)!
Brataccas (1986)(Psygnosis)(US)[1189] ... the game seems to have some audio problems (works best with A1000... at least when loading) Edit: Same on a real ECS Amiga!
Bundesliga Manager Professional v1.0 (1991)(Software 2000)(DE)[2930] ... stops loading disk1 at DF0 11.1 (tested with latest nightly 1033) Edit: Fixed in nightly (2024-04-08)!
Castle of Dr. Brain v1.000 (1992)(Sierra)(US)[1287] ... stops loading at track 41 after changing the disks to start disk again?! Edit: Needs 2 disk drives!
Champion Driver (1991)(Idea)[1292] ... it stops when need to load the race? Edit: Game is protected! (read manual)
Champion Driver (1991)(Idea)[cr QTX] ... same game but .adf file = it works but have problem when go to Enter Shop = sound go crazy? Edit: Same on a real machine!
Crazy Cars (1987)(Titus)[2959] ... stops loading at some point in the game! (Note: Maybe it's not a problem because suddenly everything works.) Edit: Confirmed! The disk speed was at 8x! (It needs disk speed at 1x) EDIT: It happens with 1x and 8x so difficult to debug!
Cybernoid II - The Revenge (1989)(Hewson)[0003] ... something is happening here! (power LED go crazy) Edit: Same on a real amiga!
Damocles - Mercenary II (1990)(Novagen)[0643] ... In ECS during loading time the screen is different than on WinUAE! (otherwise works fine in OCS) Edit: OCS game only!
Eye of the Beholder (1991)(SSI)[0116] ... some glitch occurs in one part of the animation! Like this: Wait for the part where a group of people enter the palace and until a sheathed knife appears and immediately after that glitch appears on the left side! (also checked on WinUAE where it does not appear) Edit: Confirmed on real hardware. Result differs on soft reset.
Fast Break (1989)(Accolade)[0652] ... After the title screen it soon crashes into the CLI!? (doesn't crash in WinUAE) Tested configuration: A500 KS12 OCS 512 chip Edit: Fixed in nightly (2024-04-18)!
Final Mission, The (1988)(reLINE)[2024] ... After showing the reLINE logo, it stops at track 40 regardless of the disk write protect state (on WinUAE it asks to deprotect the disk and then it works)(A500 KS12 OCS 512 chip) Edit: Fixed in nightly (2024-04-19)!

Last edited by amilo3438; 20 April 2024 at 17:42. Reason: Latest: Battle Chess