Reido

Very impressive!
Old 05 January 2023, 09:48   #82
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cummings View Post
Couple of WIP update videos below...

Anim tiles and sprite masks all going in over the next week or so on all levels.

This newer game now uses a coordinate move-to and targeting system. Later on as the game evolves, the other non-human players will go and grab any bonus items they see and move to/fire at on screen aliens etc autonomously from the main human player where they can.

Any non-human player's that get left behind in the game map now also catch up to the main human player in the second video after a short flash of their sprite.

The collision is turned off in the second video so I could better reach that part of the map to test the anims.

Happy New Year.

[ Show youtube player ]

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 January 2023, 09:48   #83
vulture

Niiiice!
Old 05 January 2023, 11:52   #84
Gzegzolka

Cool !
Old 05 January 2023, 14:53   #85
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Thanks guys Just coded some more of it (more sprite masks) this morning. When that's done sometime next week, then I move onto the animated doors and stuff.
Old 12 January 2023, 16:43   #86
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Did a bit more today, after I got back from the VET with the dog that is...

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 12 January 2023, 17:20   #87
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Much tease, needs more demo

Seriously though it looks very promising
Old 12 January 2023, 17:42   #88
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Much tease, needs more demo

Seriously though it looks very promising
Thank you!

Yes it's a slow burner project this one, as I only get to work on it at certain times. I thought it best to show how I'm building the game in more detail unlike Wiz before in 2020. Peeps can then see what is going into it and how it evolves. By the time I hopefully reach to the end release, it 'should' be pretty good I hope but much testing will be done (not by me) before anybody gets to play it for real.

I know AmigaBill has waited a rather long time to be rescued from the tower block level, but the game is pretty big in reality and is taking an immense amount of effort to bring to fruition.

I'm hoping for a Summer release and not late 2023 for this, but that's just based on what I can see my end and how things are going in general. It's already been in development for some years on and off of course.

It's done when the main game tester says it is LOL
Old 12 January 2023, 17:48   #89
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cummings View Post
Yes it's a slow burner project this one, as I only get to work on it at certain times. I thought it best to show how I'm building the game in more detail unlike Wiz before in 2020. Peeps can then see what is going into it and how it evolves. By the time I hopefully reach to the end release, it 'should' be pretty good I hope but much testing will be done (not by me) before anybody gets to play it for real.
That's a good strategy Maybe you could add a line about what you did since the last video. I always watch them and can only think 'Me play, now! Ugh!'
Old 12 January 2023, 17:55   #90
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

I've started to write a bit in the video description on YouTube... this one was...

'All doors/forcefields are now in although you won't see many here. The transporter pads all now work too plus some of the bonus items are in ready for test soon. Framerate is now locked to 25/30fps on any Amiga too.'
Old 12 January 2023, 18:06   #91
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Open video in YouTube, read description. Got it
Old 13 January 2023, 09:26   #92
vulture

Looks fantastic!

Is the intro screen 8bit or HAM8?
Old 13 January 2023, 09:47   #93
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Cheers yes it is coming along and today when I get chance, I'm going to work on the inventory so I an start to wire up all the code routines that use key cards, open doors, get energy blah blah etc.

The title screen and some cut screens are 8bit 256 colour and then further compressed and in some cases reduced to 64 colours first where 256 are not required to save space.

It just about fits on 2 disks with heavy compression after initial tests at the end of last year, so it will be quite tight as the code builds I reckon.

All part of the challenge/fun tho that bit I guess
Old 13 January 2023, 13:43   #94
vulture

Great
Old 13 January 2023, 13:58   #95
nikosidis

Looking sweet!
Old 18 January 2023, 16:56   #96
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Recent progress update...

'Got further with the pickups, doors, status panels, inventory and started the firing but no actual weapons yet or anything for the characters to actually aim at. Sound is coming along too but switched off in this vid. Also fixed the cpu cache problem Wiz had at 50/60fps so it won't slow down on accelerated Amiga's like 030, 040, 060 etc. This game is 25/30fps PAL/NTSC.'

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 January 2023, 21:36   #97
vulture

I love how the night city below looks and those little animations, the trees, the water, the wall lights
Old 19 January 2023, 06:55   #98
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulture View Post
I love how the night city below looks and those little animations, the trees, the water, the wall lights
Thanks there is quite a bit of extra detail like that across all the levels now yes.
Old 31 January 2023, 15:50   #99
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Update: It's now going to be 1 or 2 human players with up to 4 characters (2 or 3 players being AI driven) on screen at once. The 4th character is the hunter killer droid unit which you can buy at an in game terminal with fake crypto.

It will possibly be out sooner than I imagined in 2023 as it's gone better than expected since I got back on it all last year.

The videos have been taken down on YouTube and I'll make a new one at some point, probably when it goes into alpha/beta testing.

Cheers.
Old 31 January 2023, 16:01   #100
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

I've also since written CyberPunks 2 with caches off, so no slowdown all being well on 030, 040, 060 related to the blitter wait stuff. I forgot I did this on the original OCS/ECS game when I made the Mutation Gold Compilation at least. Forgive me for forgetting this with regards to Wiz AGA (which does slowdown a bit on accelerated Amiga's) as 25+ years happened in-between LOL

Tin Toy AGA did the same too because I left the caches on I recall.

Trouble is, writing a game at 50FPS like those, if you turn off the caches it hobbles the machine speed badly on stock A1200. Leave them on then nice and smooth until you run it on an accelerated Amiga like 060 and then it slows down. Can't win, but CyberPunks 2 is 25/30FPS PAL/NTSC with caches off so you shouldn't see a problem in practice later.

I think that covers it