English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 June 2004, 10:54   #1
gary

Running WinUAE from a frontend

I was planning to use a frontend with WinUAE to add my favourite Amiga games to an arcade machine. I see that WinUAE allows the configuration file to be selected by using a command line argument, but can it also start the emulation as well without the need to selct the "OK" box?

My aim was to setup a configuration files with a hard directory or floppy disks selected for each game and then just use 'winuae -config=game1.uae' to start play.
Old 18 June 2004, 11:21   #2
RCK
Administrator

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=13927
Old 18 June 2004, 12:38   #3
Runey
Survivor

Hi Gary,

There is a prject under way at the moment to do what you want. It's called GameBaseAMY. Just have a look at the thread that RCK mentioned. This is a long term project and will not answer your immediate problems, but of course your input will be very welcome. You can download the beta from www.gamebaseamy.com that should give you a short term solution to help you get some of your favourite games working.
Old 11 July 2004, 23:59   #4
Unregistered

Hi all,

Can someone tell me if there is an availble database which lists what games/adf's will run with which config on WinUAE??

I know BTTR has details for all the games they host but it is not available in a downloadable format.

Any thoughts/tips?

thanks
T

Old 12 July 2004, 01:42   #5
Ulric

If you have a UAE configuration file for each game then you just need to change the "useGUI" flag in each config file to "false".

I've just finished a front end for WinUAE and I'm having no trouble with this.
I have associated the .UAE suffix with WinUAE and by running the config file WinUAE starts up fine.

Old 31 August 2004, 20:08   #6
MSC
Zone Friend

WINUAE Launcher

Although i run most games from HD, "WINUAE Launcher" is extremely useful if you don`t want to set up a full amiga system. You can save configs for each game and add screenshots and comments. You will find that four or five winuae configs will be enough to run most games. Once you get a game running, you can save its settings so that next time that game is launched, it will automatically use the correct config file. This is now made even easier with the latest version of WINUAE, complete with standard amiga configs.
Trouble is, i can`t remember where i got the damn thing from.

Maybe time for a Google search.

I am sure it is not as comprehensive as the new project under way(gamebaseamy), but i don`t think it was meant to be. It does exactly what it was designed to do - launch games with minimum hassle.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winuaelauncher.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	7384  

Last edited by MSC; 31 August 2004 at 20:14.
Old 01 September 2004, 14:24   #7
Fackamato

Send a message via MSN to Fackamato
How about a shell-integration? I.e. right-click an ADF file, select "WinUAE with A500 config/A1200 config" (two options), that would be nice.
Old 08 September 2004, 05:39   #8
FILIPE ALVES

That's already possible. All you have to do is edit the .adf file extension in Folder Options, adding an extra option for each config you want to be able to choose and then call UAE with that config. The game will load with that config. I have this with two options called A500 and A1200.