English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 07 August 2022, 21:29   #1
DisasterIncarna

PS5 Controller (Wireless Mode)

So i got a ps5 controller because it supposedly works properly without the need for 3rd party software to work in anything and everything, which it does so far.

My problem now however is that the PS5 Controller does work in FS-UAE, but only the thumbsticks, which happily move me around and every other button = the fire button, the dpad/hat controls however do nothing, so I wanted to reconfigure those and this is where I am having issues.

The Settings/Controller/Configuration Tool thingy shows the pad, i get all the buttons showing very clearly with them all stating "click to configure", i do so and whatever i click turns to "use Joystick" in green, waiting for input, and i press a button on the PS5 Controller.....and nothing happens like it should, it just sits there waiting for input not detecting anything on the pad.

Which is a bit weird given the thumbsticks/everything else is detected as fire, therefore its seeing/registering the buttons, just not outside in the launcher, the launcher does see the controller as "PS5 Controller" tho, so im kinda lost why its working in emulation, seen as a controller in the launcher (actually shows as PS5 Controller, everywhere else in windows, its shown as "Wireless Controller") but not detected properly when trying to map inputs.

I have also tried setting the buttons to do another action in the global advanced config, but when i launch emulation the controller still behaves as default, with thumbsticks+everything else firing.

So I'm deffo stuck here atm trying to figure this out, the thumbsticks do work yes, but on several games like platformers I'm a total retard with the thumbs, missing anything and everything that needs some precision, so really want the dpad/hat controls working.
Old 11 August 2022, 22:22   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, definitely sounds like a bug in the Launcher / device-helper here. What FS-UAE Launcher (and FS-UAE) version are you using? What operating system are you using? I have a PS5 controllere here, so I'll try to reproduce the problem.
Old 11 August 2022, 23:35   #3
DisasterIncarna

I mostly use 3x because using 4x in place of 3X, on my usual amiga os32 boot is causing a lockup/freeze part way through initial boot, so until i find the issue im sticking to 3x for now.

Winblows 10
Launcher v3.1.32
FS-UAE: v3.1.43

The controller functions do work in the 4x launcher, is it possible to config everything in 4x and copy the resulting config to 3x ? or is mixing and matching that kinda stuff unwise? didnt want to try incase i make a bigger mess of things. I am running both as standalone mode.
Old 13 August 2022, 14:19   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Please first try to update the Launcher to 3.1.68 (and FS-UAE to 3.1.66). If it still does not work, then I'll look more into it.

https://fs-uae.net/download
Old 13 August 2022, 17:38   #5
DisasterIncarna

seems to work, no idea why tho but i had to rightmouse the executable for the launcher and fs-uae, select properties and in general i have to tick a box to "Unblock it", otherwise it says "this file came frmo another computer and might be blocked to help protect the computer".

Launching without that tick causes a silent fail to launch/do anything, might be why i didnt update to that better version, i found i already had the zip files in my downloads folder but was using the older version for some reason, that might be why.

Still, ticked it, launched it, and indeed the newer version detects the controller buttons, so problem solved