English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 01 March 2009, 10:02   #1
olesio

How to set polish catalog for EaglePlayer or other soft?

Hello.
I'm newbie in Amiga stuff user and use only WinUAE and emulation, so I ask about that
So how to set Eagle Player 2.03 to use polish catalog files and display texts in Polish or
how to use catalog files at all? I want to made hdf file with EaglePlayer - at this moment I
test whole thing on directory mounted as harddisk. So in root of harddisk I made directory
Locale/Catalogs/english and placed *.catalog files like EP_Engine.catalog ant others there
but when I run EaglePlayer it is still in english. How to make Eagle Player in Polish. I seen
in startup-sequence lines like bellow, but I leave language as English (default) so these 3
lines are ignored. Do I have to switch SetEnv Language "english" to "polish"? Or for catalog
files is no matter which language is set? As far I remember under Workbench 3.1 I swich a
language to Polish by setenv command and copy EP_*.catalog to Locale/Catalogs/polski,
but EaglePlayer was still in English. Please help and explain me how to do it right? T.I.A.

Code:
  IF NOT $Language EQ "english"
    CD LOCALE:Catalogs/$Language
    C:LoadResource Sys/workbench.catalog Sys/libs.catalog Sys/prefs.catalog Sys/commodities.catalog Sys/utilities.catalog
    CD SYS:
  EndIF
Old 01 March 2009, 16:06   #2
hit

hi,

i just grabed http://www3.uk.freebsd.org/mus/play/EP_Polski.lha and found an Install script inside. this seems to copy the whole "Catalogs" folder into "Eagleplayer2:" if it exists. Then i found a LOCALE tooltype in Eagleplayer.
so i would open the icon information window (on the workbench) of Eagleplayer and set the Tooltype "LOCALE" to "Polski".
not tested but i hope this helps a bit.
Old 01 March 2009, 18:02   #3
olesio

I have the same files in Catalogs/Polski and I added tooltype LOCALE="Polski" to icon in Workbench
Informations Dialog, but EaglePlayer still runs in english. What do I wrong? Any other ideas? T.i.A.
Old 01 March 2009, 19:43   #4
hit

hmm, seems i was wrong. i run it in winuae (a2000 setup) using snoopdos, and there is no such tooltype "LOCALE". no "LANGUAGE" or anything related.
it seems it tries to load the language catalog of the default system-language.
Eagleplayer looks for its cataloge files in:
LOCALE:Catalogs/polski/EP....
PROGDIR:Catalogs/polski/EP...

if you set your system Default Lnaguage to Polski, it should fin the catalog files inside the Eagleplayer folder. i was using this version: http://www3.uk.freebsd.org/mus/play/...layer_2.03.lha (keyfile is also on that page: http://www3.uk.freebsd.org/mus/play/Eagleplayer_key.lha )
i have no clue whats wrong :/
Old 01 March 2009, 21:59   #5
olesio

Problem solved. Polish locale works fine under pure WB and DeathMieszko's partition also
and I do not have idea what files was corrupted or missed but I donwloaded once again lha
from aminet with whole player, copy configs and players from backup and all works fine
Thanks for all answers and hints. And moderators can remove/close this topic if they want.

Last edited by olesio; 01 March 2009 at 22:37.
Old 02 March 2009, 11:48   #6
hit

some magic seems sometimes involved, i'd say