English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 04 April 2015, 22:02   #1
mrrhq

CD32 Games in FS-UAE (Linux)

Hi, I can't seem to get any CD32 games working in fs-uae. All it says is: "Waiting for bootable media." I go press F12 to check if the CD is loaded and it is. So that's strange. How long do I have to wait??

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say where I got them, but I'm pretty sure they are authentic rips. They are iso/cue pairs.

I'm not even sure fs-uae actually supports cue files. But I've tried both the iso and the cue file. I'm using the internal Kickstart for CD32/A1200, so basically AROS. I don't know how compatible this is with most CD32 games. Do I need to get a real CD32 rom/bios?

I'm using mc (Midnight Commander) to launch them in Linux, or just the command line.

Here's the command line I'm using:
Code:
fs-uae --amiga-model=CD32 --cdrom-drive-0=myfile
Where myfile is an iso or cue file.

Here is my fs-uae.conf:
Code:
[config]
amiga_model = A1200
kickstart_file = internal
floppy_drive_0 =
floppy_drive_volume = 0
low_resolution = 1

# Window
window_width = 640
window_height = 480

# Here or some additional options which can help if FS-UAE runs
# too slow on your system:
# 

# Joystick
joystick_port_1 = LOGITECH LOGITECH DUAL ACTION
joystick_port_1_mode = cd32 gamepad

accuracy = 0
video_sync = off
video_format = rgb565
I just want to know if anyone sees anything wrong off the bat, then I can attach a log file if anyone wants. I know the joystick mode is set by default to cd32 gamepad, but I'll change and tweak that later. Also, I don't want to use the fs-uae launcher, so don't ask me to use it.

Old 04 April 2015, 23:39   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yes, .cue files should work (as long as it's referencing uncompressed tracks, .mp3 tracks are not supported).

And yes, you need to have the authentic CD32 kickstart + extended ROM.
Old 05 April 2015, 22:27   #3
mrrhq

Those cue files do work! I guess AROS really does have that much terrible compatability with Amiga software, I had no idea. At least it all works now, even though I have to resort to using a proper Kickstart ROM. Thank you again, Frode.

Old 11 April 2015, 09:16   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrhq View Post
Those cue files do work! I guess AROS really does have that much terrible compatability with Amiga software, I had no idea. At least it all works now, even though I have to resort to using a proper Kickstart ROM. Thank you again, Frode.
CD32 has an extended ROM for CD32-only features, which is needed to boot CD32 games. I don't think this is meant to be implemented in AROS anyway

But in general, you'll get best game compatibility if you use original (and recognized) ROMs, and using games with AROS is "unsupported" in the sense that I'll only help investigate game issues if they occur with supported ROMs.
Old 02 October 2015, 17:01   #5
ARTHUR071169

Running latest stable build, and my previously working CD32 files (.cue, .iso, .wav) no longer work.
I have the same kickstarts as before (and all show as green ticks).
when I manually point to the .cue in case there is an issue with paths (there is not) I am told I am missing some of the game files at the bottom of the fs-uae launcher window).
is this functionality still working for others?
Old 04 October 2015, 23:11   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTHUR071169 View Post
Running latest stable build, and my previously working CD32 files (.cue, .iso, .wav) no longer work.
Please define "no longer work"... what happens (or does not happen?)
Old 05 October 2015, 09:31   #7
ARTHUR071169

They do not appear as available in the database.
I even took the liberty of re-downloading Alien breed 3D from the suggested link via the launcher, put it in the CD-roms directory but after rescanning it still does not appear as an available title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Please define "no longer work"... what happens (or does not happen?)
Old 07 October 2015, 00:48   #8
jbl007

Alien Breed 3D CD32 version is not on the list of downloadable games. (only ADF/IPF images, watch the yellow arrows)
Old 07 October 2015, 09:57   #9
ARTHUR071169

er.. oops.
I had from a previous config setting the option of database_show_games = 0
I then downloaded alienbreed cd32 and pointed an older install of fs-uae to it and it worked.

sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
Alien Breed 3D CD32 version is not on the list of downloadable games. (only ADF/IPF images, watch the yellow arrows)
Old 07 October 2015, 15:37   #10
ARTHUR071169

PS, I own a couple amiga CD 32 titles (EG Alfred chicken) that I would like to add manually to the front end. whay do I need to do to submit the relevant info (not game files) so that others can have this as a supported title in the launcher / database if they have access to their own files?

PS, I would be intending to rip the original disc, to preserve it on my Hard disc with all my other files.