English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 21 August 2024, 12:59   #1
Igor256

Extreme Violence Android multiplayer open beta

Hi all. I made an Android version of Extreme Violence ( [ Show youtube player ]). It's currently in open beta with a full free release to follow. It allows up to 8 players over the local LAN including 4 computer players. I had to adjust the original gameplay slightly to account for the new format but I think it's close to the original in terms of gameplay and near identical in terms of graphics (with original designer's permission). If you have a few moments please try the open beta version and let me know if you find any issues or if you have suggestions for improvements.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing...Systems.EV2023

If all works well I intend to add peer-to-peer multiplayer mode over the internet (Unity Relay maybe?) and maybe some other game modes. Looking forward to your feedback.
Old 21 August 2024, 14:15   #2
DisasterIncarna

oh yes, a nice blast from the past, whats next? Brutal Homicide 1 & 2 or maybe No Man's Land to round off some golden oldie duel games? or mash them all up into 1 game.

oh weird, just looked for no mans land on HOL and theres no entry for it?

shows on another site tho: https://openretro.org/amiga/no-mans-land
Old 21 August 2024, 16:06   #3
Megalomaniac

Can't remember playing this much, but Amiga Power 24's cover, with this on the disk but the phrase 'Extreme Violence' on the cover (to tie in with the review of Walker) was a nice touch. Promising so far all the same.
Old 21 August 2024, 17:34   #4
TCD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterIncarna View Post
oh weird, just looked for no mans land on HOL and theres no entry for it?
That's most likely because it is a PD game. I'll see if I can add an entry for it during the next days. Any additional info about the game would be great to have.
Old 21 August 2024, 18:36   #5
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
That's most likely because it is a PD game. I'll see if I can add an entry for it during the next days. Any additional info about the game would be great to have.

i barely remember it myself, i think i got it originally from a CDPD, Almathera CD or 17Bit CD, was fun at the time playing vs my cousin, except for Tanx, Bip and Tank Attack it was the first "man kills man" 2 player duel game we had ever seen, wasnt until later we found/played brutal homicide and a few others like it, inc the game in question here..
Old 21 August 2024, 21:07   #6
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Is there an ordinary APK available somewhere for those who don't want to be forced to sign up to Google Play?
Old Today, 05:50   #7
Igor256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
Is there an ordinary APK available somewhere for those who don't want to be forced to sign up to Google Play?
Like a classic freeware distribution? Sure, worth thinking about, but not yet. As bugs come in I'm making changes and uploading new versions. This means that often two different versions of the game either can't connect to each other or cause crashes during the game. Considering my aim is multiplayer this would not support that intent. Once the game's ready for formal release I'll get back to this. Maybe a single player version? I'll try to get it working over WebGL so it can be played through a web browser but at the moment the WebGL compile fails due to various OS specific functions.