English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 11 October 2016, 22:05   #1
Salami_INC
SALAMI INC.

Workbench 1.3 disk needed

Hello EAB ! I'm a happy new owner of the A500. I never owned a computer before PC, but I always wanted one and I came across an Amiga with all cool stuff and disks for very cheap. Unfortunately the workbench disk doesn't work and I need it in order to transfer the ADF files to my amiga (honestly, I bought it mostly to jsut watch demos !)

If someone from UK can send me a copy of workbench 1.3 I'd really appreciate it. I can of course pay for it or trade... I have few disks from magazines if anyone is interested in those. Amiga Format from 90-91 with games and some software to animate and do music, amos, blitz basic 2 etc....

Regards
Old 12 October 2016, 00:03   #2
Retro1234
Phone Homer

How do you intend to trasfere ADFs? one of the coverdisks might have the main parts of WB on it maybe PPaint? one of the PPaint coverdisks even had the major parts of crossdoss on it.
Old 12 October 2016, 21:12   #3
Salami_INC
SALAMI INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
How do you intend to trasfere ADFs? one of the coverdisks might have the main parts of WB on it maybe PPaint? one of the PPaint coverdisks even had the major parts of crossdoss on it.
With ADF Sender Terminal. From what I understand, I can send the TransWarp program through the null modem cable, then save it to some floppy for later use and that's it. All I need is the workbench disks...
Old 13 October 2016, 13:24   #4
idrougge

You should be able to find what you need on one of your coverdisks. All you need is the Type command and serial.device. In fact, if you have Blitz or AMOS, you should be able to do the very same thing in those languages.
Old 13 October 2016, 19:16   #5
Salami_INC
SALAMI INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
You should be able to find what you need on one of your coverdisks. All you need is the Type command and serial.device. In fact, if you have Blitz or AMOS, you should be able to do the very same thing in those languages.
If you say so, I'll try it and let you all know if it worked out.
Old 28 October 2016, 19:56   #6
Salami_INC
SALAMI INC.

I forgot to comment here. I already got a workbench disk from a fellow EAB user, so the thread can be locked / deleted