English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL news

Old 21 April 2018, 20:20   #1
Crashdisk

Floppy disk Les Manley in - Lost in L.A.

I found a slideshow showing pictures of a game called "Les Manley in - Lost in L.A." even though I doubt it exists for Amiga (exist on PC ) ... I wonder if that was even being considered!?

Old 21 February 2021, 10:24   #2
nujack
Zone Friend

I found these slideshow disks too. AFAIK LesManley2 was planned for our platform but never officially released. Some magazines described that LesManley2 was in preparation for Commodore Amiga, but I don’t know if an Amiga-Port was developed. It‘s sad that this game never appeared for the Amiga. That demo indicates that a Port was maybe in development.
I own the first part „Les Manley - Search for the King“ and there is an additional sheet of paper in the box where the producer wrotes something special about the Amiga-version. Maybe the second part was cancled because of low sales figures of the PC-version which was released first?
BTW the slideshow doesn‘t works on real Amiga if you start it from HD. There is a Stack-exception. Would be nice if it can be fixed via WHDLoad. Shouldn’t be a big task. Under emulation it works fine.

Last edited by nujack; 21 February 2021 at 10:30.
Old 21 February 2021, 11:45   #3
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujack View Post
It‘s sad that this game never appeared for the Amiga.
I don't know, perhaps it's for the better. I've played it recently on PC and while I kind of enjoyed it, it wasn't exactly in a good way. Compared to other point'n click adventures from this era it ranks very, very low.
Old 21 February 2021, 11:55   #4
manossg

It was a decent enough point'n'click and I aim to replay it, when I get the chance.

When I returned to the Amiga scene I was almost certain I had played both the Les Manley games on my miggy, but, apparently, I remember wrong.