English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 11 June 2004, 03:54   #1
oldpx

Hannibal problem

I couldn't play this game on my real 500+ years ago because of reasons I can't remember. Now I'm trying to install it on my winuae hd but it refuses to work claiming it can't find the game font. I must install it because I'm going to transfer the installed directory to my real 1200 and will play there.

I don't think a whdload or caps version exist so I'm using adfs from tosec.

The font is there in sys:fonts under another name, hanfont_di but renaming it to hanfont doesn't help at all.

These are the screenshots of what happens. Noticed the strange -an error occured but we're not going to clarify if you're screwed or not- kind of message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.gif
Views:	189
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	6922   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.gif
Views:	193
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	6923  

Old 11 June 2004, 04:12   #2
oldpx

First I copied everything from floppies to the installed game dir, then copied font files from the game dir to sys:fonts, made copies of hanfont_di as hanfont and kept both copies (four in total) on their locations; copied the libs from the game dir to the sys:libs and the game now worked on my Picasso desktop but failed to switch to the game screen. I loaded my AGA setup, went through the entire process and it didn't work. I reinstalled using the installer over this screwed up setup and it did work at last. I wish there was a whdload patch

Last edited by oldpx; 11 June 2004 at 04:36.

Old 11 June 2004, 09:03   #3
RetroMan

Well ....... it worked at last, so do not complain
Old 11 June 2004, 13:25   #4
oldpx

I'll transfer it to 1200 then we'll see