English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 22 September 2014, 00:24   #41
SnakeCoils

Unfortunately the new 2.5.16 development release did not build on OSX PPC, here is the errror that occour just after the make command:

Code:
make -C ..
depbase=`echo src/genlinetoscr.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
	g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -DMACOSX -DUAE -DFSUAE -I./flac/include -I./gen -I./src -I./src/jit -I./src/include -I./src/od-fs -I./src/od-fs/include -I./src/od-win32 -I./src/od-win32/caps -I./libfsemu/include -I./glee -I./manymouse  -I./src/slirp/include -I./libudis86/include  -I./libmpeg2/include  -I/opt/local/include/freetype2 -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/libpng16  -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include  -DLUA_USE_POSIX -I/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Versions/A/Headers  -I/opt/local/include/libpng16  -I/Library/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/opt/local/include    -Wmissing-declarations  -fvisibility=hidden  -g -O2 -MT src/genlinetoscr.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o src/genlinetoscr.o src/genlinetoscr.cpp &&\
	mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-declarations" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
g++ -I/opt/local/include/freetype2 -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/libpng16  -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include  -DLUA_USE_POSIX -I/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Versions/A/Headers  -I/opt/local/include/libpng16  -I/Library/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I/opt/local/include    -Wmissing-declarations  -fvisibility=hidden  -g -O2 -headerpad_max_install_names -pagezero_size 0x2000 -rpath @executable_path/../Frameworks  -o gen/genlinetoscr src/genlinetoscr.o  -lm -ldl  -framework Carbon -L/opt/local/lib -lfreetype  -L/opt/local/lib -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl  -framework IOKit -F/opt/local/Library/Frameworks -framework OpenAL -framework OpenGL -L/opt/local/lib -lpng16  -F/Library/Frameworks -framework SDL2 -L/opt/local/lib -lz  
powerpc-apple-darwin9-g++-4.0.1: @executable_path/../Frameworks: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [gen/genlinetoscr] Error 1
make: *** [bundle] Error 2
The usual Cflags and Libs declarations for OpenAL and SDL2 frameworks have ben done as usual.
Old 22 September 2014, 00:29   #42
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

It looks like your linker does not understand -rpath @executable_path/../Frameworks.

It is not essential, unless you want to load the qemu-uae.so plugin. So you can remove -rpath @executable_path/../Frameworks from configure.ac...
Old 22 September 2014, 08:20   #43
SnakeCoils

2.5.16dev binary built succesfully and already available in The Zone!

Many thanks for your quick and continuative support! :-)
Old 23 September 2014, 10:26   #44
tlosm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCoils View Post
2.5.16dev binary built succesfully and already available in The Zone!

Many thanks for your quick and continuative support! :-)
Thanks Mate
Old 23 September 2014, 20:35   #45
tlosm

hI snakecoils ,
I had been tested your last build and compared before on my config i have 16mips before was 13.

Im facing some small problem
I cant set fast ram more than 8192 on Amiga 4000 setup
i cant set ZIII ram too ..

this is my configuration

amiga_model = A4000/040
accuracy = 1
floppy_drive_volume = 0
ntsc_mode = 0
video_sync = off
fullscreen = 0
kickstarts_dir = /Users/user/Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts/
kickstart_file = Kickstart.rom
chip_memory = 2048
fast_memory = 8192
zorro_iii_memory = 16384
bsdsocket_library = 1
viewport = * * * * => 0 0 752 574
hard_drive_0 = /Applications/Emulation/Computers/UAE/WB31/

There is a way for have rtg too?

Thanks
Luigi
Old 23 September 2014, 20:49   #46
amigafreak68k

Try

Code:
graphics_card = uaegfx
graphics_card_memory = 16
This should activate the Picasso96 emulation.
Old 23 September 2014, 20:55   #47
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlosm View Post
I cant set fast ram more than 8192 on Amiga 4000 setup
8MB is max for (Zorro II) fast RAM. So that's normal

Quote:
This should work, please provide fs-uae.log.txt if not.

Btw, you don't have to include the following options, as they correspond to defaults (for this model) anyway:
Quote:
accuracy = 1
ntsc_mode = 0
video_sync = off
fullscreen = 0
kickstarts_dir = /Users/user/Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts/
chip_memory = 2048
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak68k View Post
graphics_card_memory = 16
This one isn't needed, 16 MB is the default amount for the uaegfx card (Zorro III)
Old 23 September 2014, 21:13   #48
tlosm

Hi Frode ,
the rtg mode dont work , i have a black window if i set the rtg resolution
form screen preferences.
The picasso96 mode see the uae_gfx "video board" but nothing.
I think snake have to check his port probably something is missing because
the SDL2 hack?

about the text.log i dont know where the app put it usually.

Luigi
Old 23 September 2014, 21:57   #49
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
about the text.log i dont know where the app put it usually.
http://fs-uae.net/log-files-needed
Old 24 September 2014, 19:05   #50
tlosm

my log.

For SnakeCoils
From The Great Álmos Rajnai:

Maybe somebody else could do that, or merge my JIT implementation into FS-UAE.
SnakeCoils why you dont join with Tobias Netzel ? I think together will light the fire of PPC emulation too
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs-uae.log.txt (50.5 KB, 568 views)
File Type: uae debug.uae (3.9 KB, 550 views)
Old 25 September 2014, 21:37   #51
SnakeCoils

Quote:
For SnakeCoils
From The Great Álmos Rajnai:

Maybe somebody else could do that, or merge my JIT implementation into FS-UAE.
SnakeCoils why you dont join with Tobias Netzel ? I think together will light the fire of PPC emulation too
I really appriciate the offer but my skill as programmer is very limited, although my job implies a lot of coding but in a really strict environment like tooling and measurement industrial machines. Thanks to this background (including many years as Apple II user) I usually can pick the Frode's suggestions and apply them to his source without much other help but manipulating the C code is another matter, there's quite a big difference between a programmer and a developer.

I think Mr. Rajnai is doing an excellent and unvaluable work in optimizing the 68k emulation on PPC computers and its JIT engine is growing stronger and faster on every release, I check almost daily if a new beta is coming :-)

I am not a developer but from my poor point of view I see the distance between the sources code of FS-UAE and E-UAE becoming larger and larger but I would really like that the PPC JIT engine will not remain only a "tech demo" but will find its way in the FS-UAE implementation... maybe the real question is: at expense of what?

We must keep in mind that our PPC machines are aging and the computation power is not infinite so what it is best choice? An optimized JIT CPU emulation that subtract resources to the virtual Amiga chipset or a precise emulation of the whole Amiga machine that chokes every host CPU slower than a dual 2 GHz ?

The JIT engine is a godsend for slow PPC machines (like my G4 for example) but faster Macs will live happily with FS-UAE.

What is needed is that other really skilled developers, without distracting Mr.Frode and Mr.Rajnai from their projects, would start to look at both to put together the best compromise. I hate to do comparisions but let's think for example to the SNES emulators Bsnes and Snes9x, the first is the absolute reference for accuracy but requires a really fast CPU, the second do many and many emulation shortcuts but runs greatly also on a G4 (in fact I use it on my MDD without any speed issue).

Well, I would like to see here the same thing for Amiga emulation: a reference no-compromise emulator (FS-UAE or WinUAE) and a lighter version (E-UAE JIT) that can run almost everything without yelling to the user "BUY A FASTER MAC!" :-D

I can see a bright future for both, everyone will be happy ;-)
Old 25 September 2014, 22:24   #52
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Use the A4000 version (not the A1200 one) of the 3.1 ROM together with the A4000 model.
Old 26 September 2014, 07:12   #53
tlosm

will check and report
Old 26 September 2014, 07:27   #54
tlosm

snackecoils ,
Almos expressed the intention of not upgrade the euae emulator in terms of chipset etc etc etc because the only one objective is the perfect 68k jit emulation under ppc cpu, this why he had been reply me that him will be really happy if some one will merge his 68k core in the fsuae emulator and suggest Tobias to help you for gave this extra spin on your porting and have ppc emulation too..
right now there are 3 active people who are doing porting for macosx ppc (not mac ports)
you (uae, mame)
tobias (webkit leopard,euae jit)
cameron ( teenfourfox and some other project )
strange thing all 3 have amiga in the heart
Old 26 September 2014, 21:34   #55
tlosm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Use the A4000 version (not the A1200 one) of the 3.1 ROM together with the A4000 model.
Confirm with a4k rom everything is working rtg and more fast ram :P

On my config 19 mips for A4000/40

over 50mips with the jit not enabled of euae-jit
over 98mips with the jit enabled of euae-jit

Qemu-system-ppc on G5 Quad gave me 733mhz G3 cpu result on one Core of G5 .. not bad for a PPC emultation too

Last edited by tlosm; 27 September 2014 at 13:55.
Old 27 September 2014, 22:17   #56
SnakeCoils

The 2.5.17dev FS-UAE for OSX PPC is compiled and available in The Zone! for download.
Lately I have noticed that FS-UAE performances tends to degrading while running and in the worst case to crash the emulator too.
Following is attached an archive containing the crash report, the debug.uae and fs-uae.log.txt of what happened while I was playing at Pinball Illusions CD32 edition.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archivio.zip (21.5 KB, 533 views)
Old 28 September 2014, 10:33   #57
tlosm

Thank you Snakecoils.
Tested and i dont find big problems only quake 68k crash... Almos did a fix for the 68k core for quake probably will need in FsUae too.
Old 28 September 2014, 12:43   #58
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCoils View Post
Lately I have noticed that FS-UAE performances tends to degrading while running and in the worst case to crash the emulator too.
The crash is related to OpenAL. I did some OpenAL changes for 2.5.17dev, so this is probably the cause if this crash did not happen with <= 2.5.16dev. In particular, it looks like FS-UAE requests too many buffers from your OpenAL implementation (and FS-UAE does not handle the error other than logging it)

Please try to change (libfsemu/src/emu/audio_openal.c):
Code:
#define MAX_BUFFERS 96
back to:
Code:
#define MAX_BUFFERS 48
Does this fix the crash?
Old 29 September 2014, 22:23   #59
SnakeCoils

Version 2.5.18dev compiled for OSX 10.5.8 PPC is uploaded to the Zone! and ready for download.

After a bit more investigation I found that OpenAL was not really the cause of progressive performance degradation, the SDL2 binary was to blame...

Stripping out from FS-UAE bundle the PPC binary I build some time ago and replacing it with the Universal one from the Bitfgihter game bundle fixed every problem and now the emulator is smooth and stable as before.

I have to made further tests to determine if the origin of troubles was related to the 2.0.1 version of library because Bitfighter seems to use the 2.0.0 one

I will post more infos as soon I have some more :-)
Old 29 September 2014, 22:28   #60
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I didn't pay much attention to the performace degradation claim in the first place, to be honest (to vague). But the OpenAL-related crash was real of course -Note that the MAX_BUFFERS change mentioned in my last post is included in 2.5.18dev.