English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 January 2010, 15:34   #1
nOw2

Amiga keys from Mac VNC client

First off, many many thanks for the v2 release which got WinUAE working near perfectly for me.

I have a slightly odd/complex set up which is causing some issues with keyboard control.

I run AmigaOS3.9 in WinUAE in a WinXP virtual machine, running in VMWare Server on a remotely hosted Linux server.

I connect to UAE from a Mac OS X 10.6 desktop machine by:
* VMWare Server's built in VNC server for the WinXP VM (using the Mac's built in VNC client, ChickenVNC or RealVNC).
* Or remote Desktop to the WinXP VM.
* Or VMWare client.

Any way works well and fast. All mouse related issues were solved by using the Virtual Mouse Driver.

The issue I have is that I am unable to use the Amiga keys. Pressing Cmd has the same effect as Alt. I tried remapping the keys to F9 and F10 without success; this may be due to the Mac keyboard and having to press Fn-F9 etc.

Of course this means I can't copy/paste, or use menu shortcuts.

Does anyone have experience of using such a setup? Could someone provide some pointers on *ideally* getting the Cmd keys to work as Amiga keys? Any help gratefully received!

Once again many thanks to the developers for v2 which is extremely stable and well featured!