English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 02 November 2008, 01:57   #1
Eno

Problems with particular games

Hi, I'm new to the whole Amiga emulation scene... I was a big fan of the Amiga, but after my old one was given away I've been trying to get back into playing Amiga games. I've tried WinUAE and it works fine with some games (Alien Breed, B.C. Kid) but with others it seems to have some problems, partricularly Ruff N Tumble

It just goes to a screen with the main character's face on it and then doesn't change. I wait for ages, thinking it's loading, but nothing ever happens no matter how long I wait. It seems to happen on both A500 and A1200 (1200 was the version I had originally).

Am I just being extremely impatient, or is there something wrong?

Old 02 November 2008, 07:42   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi Eno.

welcome to the EAB
Get the cracked version by 'PDX' from plabetemu : http://www.planetemu.net/?section=re...&rubrique=roms
It should work fine with the basic non-expanded A1200 configuration. I hope that will fix your problem.

Edit : I should only take about 10 seconds till the face fades out and the music starts.
Old 02 November 2008, 13:14   #3
Eno

That's the version I've been using. It still doesn't appear to work no matter how long I wait... Any other suggestions?

Also, is there any way of changing Joystick configurations for the keyboard? Just that having to use right CTRL for fire isn't exactly my preferred way of doing things.

Old 02 November 2008, 13:28   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just tested it again and saw that I had the slider for compatibility set to 'Low compatibility'. When set to 'Best compatibility' it wont work Okay so the solution is to set it to 'Low compatibility' and it will work

On the 'Game & I/O Ports' window you can select three different keyboard layouts for joystick emulation. Just change the setting for 'Port 1'.
Old 02 November 2008, 13:40   #5
Eno

Ah, thanks a bundle, it works now. Next time if a game doesn't work I'll experiment with the compatibility slider a bit...

However I was wondering if it's possible to completely customize the joystick controls for the keyboard, or if I can only select the available ones.