English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 July 2006, 10:48   #1
mguy28
Zone Friend

problems with one of the games

hi there i am wondering if any of u know whay this is coming up when i load quik and silva (it comes up with amiga dos saying please roemove ur external drive tne then reboot but im not sure what i have to tick or untick to stop this coming up
is there also a way of fixing adf files if they dont work?
Old 02 July 2006, 11:45   #2
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Major edit!!!

Just downloaded ALL versions of Quik and Silva from Planet Emulation. All configurations in WinUAE is resulting in "Remove your external drive then reboot!" message.... seems they are badly cracked versions??

Anyway, I've uploaded to The Zone! a working copy of The Adventures of Quik and Silva for you.

To access the Zone! please read FAQ.

Enjoy

Last edited by quahappy; 02 July 2006 at 12:49.
Old 02 July 2006, 15:53   #3
mguy28
Zone Friend

hi there thanks for quik and silva do u know anywhere where i can find trainers for games for amiga as i been looking for one with hiemdal 2 and im not sure if there is a way of making trainers or finding cheats for it
Old 02 July 2006, 16:57   #4
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

It's a case of searching EAB, the net, or even better.... download the LSD Docs, which gives hints, tips, manuals and cheats for tons of games.

Click here, then click on LSD DOCS IN WORD FORMAT to download and save it (it's 30.9 MB in size).
Old 02 July 2006, 16:59   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Sorry for jumping in, but that IS a TOSEC version, currently renamed to
Adventures of Quik & Silva, The (1991)(New Bits on the RAM)[f UAE-Fellow Arthur ASCII]

That will not make many REAL Amigans happy, as this game appears to have been fixed for emulators.

The Punishers versions from Planetemu do work for me; you must disable all external drives, i. e. run WinUAE with DF0 enabled only.
If it doesn't work, I'll send a config.
That's no "bad crack, " but simply a way to use each and every bit of memory available for low-end Amigas (A1000, A500 etc.)
Old 02 July 2006, 17:29   #6
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Sorry for jumping in, but that IS a TOSEC version, currently renamed to
Adventures of Quik & Silva, The (1991)(New Bits on the RAM)[f UAE-Fellow Arthur ASCII]

That will not make many REAL Amigans happy, as this game appears to have been fixed for emulators.

The Punishers versions from Planetemu do work for me; you must disable all external drives, i. e. run WinUAE with DF0 enabled only.
If it doesn't work, I'll send a config.
That's no "bad crack, " but simply a way to use each and every bit of memory available for low-end Amigas (A1000, A500 etc.)
Thanks for the information andreas.

You'll see at the beginning of my previous post I had put "Major Edit!!". I had previously put in detail on how to disable external drives in WinUAE (1.2.0) without testing Quik and Silva myself (not a good idea!), thinking it was just one of those games that required all the available memory as external drives nicks some of this....

I had my doubts so went ahead and downloaded all the available ones from Planet Emulation only to get the message mguy28 received. The version I've uploaded to the Zone! I believe is not cracked.

What's the configuration andreas?

Last edited by quahappy; 02 July 2006 at 18:32.
Old 02 July 2006, 18:43   #7
mguy28
Zone Friend

another game problem

Hi guys thanks for all your help in auik and silva i figured out how to get it working now i had to right clikc the mouse not left click lol silly me anyway i have a problem with a game called altered destiny when i load up disk 2 of it this comes up
disk corrupt task held
finish all task activitys select cancel and debug the thing is i keep dl this game everywhere and it never seems to work for me please help me fix this please also have any of u got a trainer or a amiga heimdal 2 adf trainer cos the game is hard as hell
Old 02 July 2006, 19:28   #8
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguy28
Hi guys thanks for all your help in auik and silva i figured out how to get it working now i had to right clikc the mouse not left click lol silly me anyway i have a problem with a game called altered destiny when i load up disk 2 of it this comes up
disk corrupt task held
finish all task activitys select cancel and debug the thing is i keep dl this game everywhere and it never seems to work for me please help me fix this please also have any of u got a trainer or a amiga heimdal 2 adf trainer cos the game is hard as hell
Pardon me for asking.... where did you download Quick and Silva from? I don't follow when you say you had to right click and not left click to get it working... where? in WinUAE Properties or during loading of game?

If you can clarify that for me, that'd be great!
Old 02 July 2006, 20:38   #9
mguy28
Zone Friend

hi there :)

well when it goes through ingame keys and cheats etc u click it and then it says 2 things left mouse for dox right mouse to start game up
its the trainer with +30 on it also could u try bc kid with the trainer and tell me what u get up on ur end as i have ablank screen after the title screen
Old 02 July 2006, 21:19   #10
mguy28
Zone Friend

very confused

right i just wrote that bc kid wasnt working for me i tried it again it works i got no idea what is going on but can someone please give me a configuration so al games work at the same time without some games working then they do work when i change stuff its very confusing for me lol also the name of the place i got the roms from is planet emulation
Old 02 July 2006, 23:28   #11
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quik and Silva

To those that may have downloaded adfs from Planet Emulation, the game will work with the following configurations (tested further by me and in-depth investigations resolved by DamienD - cheers my friend!)

Using Quik and Silva adfs from Planet Emulation and the one uploaded to The Zone!:
WinUAE Properties>Quickstart:
Model: "A500 / A2000"
Configuration: "KS 1.3, ECS Agnus, 0.5M Chip + 0.5M Slow"
Ensure that all external drives are disabled (not DF0: off course!)

The one in The Zone! not trained/cracked (for those who don't want to cheat!)
btw... as mentioned by andreas, the Zoned adf will not work on a real Amiga.

@mguy28
Sent you a PM

@Andreas
Configurations sorted

Last edited by quahappy; 03 July 2006 at 12:23.
Old 03 July 2006, 15:29   #12
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
but can someone please give me a configuration so al games work at the same time without some games working then they do work when i change stuff its very confusing for me lol also the name of the place i got the roms from is planet emulation
Can YOU please use punctuation (. , !) in your posts as this is a PAIN to read, reminds me of chav texting "style". Thanks.

Last edited by andreas; 03 July 2006 at 15:35.
Old 25 October 2022, 04:22   #13
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
It's not a matter of bad crack vs good crack agreed. andreas is right, that version featuring the f UAE-Fellow Arthur ASCII tag won't help on real machines. There's more, on my 1 MB rev. 6 A500 plus gotek, I get the same error message, which is odd since no external drive is connected to it.
Fret not, there's a workaround (could work for emulators too, for configs with df1: enabled). See, I thought about a similar issue I faced with Beach Volley IPF last summer, plz check this thread last posts. Manual of said game mentions something about inserting floppy disk AFTER the Amiga has booted (thereby waiting for the hand logo to appear).
Similarly, to play New Bits on the Ram's Quik & Silva adventures on an Amiga lacking any slow ram, insert the floppy or the USB flash drive as described and voila, the game loads (any version), external drive(s) or not.

As a side note, ross had Beach Volley fixed for all configs a while ago, whereas that Arthur ASCII version consists in a very flimsy fix.