English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 June 2017, 05:27   #1
RobJ

Aimtrak Lightgun Button 1

Hey there . . . running 3.5.0 and have two lightguns registering as HID-compliant mouse [7] and HID-compliant mouse [8] respectively. Both lightgun cursors register in each lightgun game and track very well, however the trigger always registers as Button 2, left front button registers as Button 2, and right front button registers as Button 3 on each lightgun. Regardless of what I assign any of the three buttons in the Aimtrak utility, I cannot get the trigger to register as Button 1 and act as the Mouse Middle Button as mapped in 3.5.0 under "light pen."

What might be the easiest way to remap the "light pen" setting in 3.5.0 as Mouse Left Button in place of Mouse Middle Button?

I have a bit of experience within various emulators, but I am a complete noob to WinUAE. Remapping "light pen" settings does not appear to be possible through the Mouse and Joystick settings.

Thanks for the help.

RobJ

Old 01 July 2017, 12:37   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Attach winuaebootlog.txt. (Normally in same directory as winuae.exe, unless winuae.exe is in program files, then check paths panel)

btw, what do you mean by "Button 2" and 3? Do you mean text strings that WinUAE test/remap reports? Light pen button numbers are not really standard in Amiga, there were multiple different guns with different button wiring.

(sorry for delay, I missed your post)