English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 04 July 2009, 22:02   #1
NubeCheCorre

Eye of the Beholder question [SOLVED]

First of all hello to everyone :-)

it is my first post here and hope to ask in the right section of the forum ;-)

I have just reinstalled my amiga os 3.9 system with mediator + PPC + Voodoo 3 3000 and 256 Mb of ram on the Blizzard PPC 603+ 210 Mhz + 68040 25 Mhz + FPU.

I have also reinstalled EOB 1 AGA version. Everything is fine but when i press the TAB key instead of the automap on video, the game stop running and system crashes.. that is a bit surprise for me as before it worked fine..

Maybe there is some libraries that i am missing or some libraries that is not correct like version number or something similar ??

Any hint ?

Last edited by NubeCheCorre; 13 July 2009 at 22:52. Reason: Let People know that i solved the problem :)
Old 06 July 2009, 06:49   #2
NovaCoder

Run SnoopDOS, that might tell you
Old 06 July 2009, 12:35   #3
Jgames

I have the same problem but under winuae whdload, 16.9. The graphics gets corrupted and games stops responding after pressing the tab key.
Old 06 July 2009, 16:08   #4
Marcuz

i cannot answer about the game on a real machine, but under Winuae, please check the hints about issues and performance here:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=38913
Old 09 July 2009, 01:20   #5
NubeCheCorre

I' ll use snoop dos to investigate it.. thanks :-)
Old 13 July 2009, 22:49   #6
NubeCheCorre

I have solved the problem about automap

Using SnoopDos i have seen that it failed to load the eob font from FONTS: so i copied the eob font from eob dir to sys:fonts/

Checking the libs in the eob directory i found that the diskfont library in eob is older than the one installed with amiga os 3.9. Could this be a problem ?, that's because quitting from the game and ( try ) to return to Workbench causes to me an hardware reset..
Old 14 July 2009, 12:41   #7
Marcuz

that's an interesting bit of info indeed! by the way, the 2 packages (Eob 1 aga and Eob 2 aga) were still needing to be closed by CFOU! after some more betatest, and that may be the reason.

Maybe Bertrand will eventually find the time to finalize them, but real life has absorbed him out of EAB mostly
Old 14 July 2009, 16:28   #8
NubeCheCorre

Happy to help you to find some bugs

Now, i'd really like to finish this damned fourth level !! these spiders are b°°°°°d !!!, i only have slow-down poison.. is there a trick or something similar to help an adventur like me ??
Old 14 July 2009, 16:41   #9
Marcuz

yes: you either have to skip down to the 6th level, building up your exp level and then get back when you have the neutral poison spell, or stay in the 3rd level and do the same with the random encounters respawned in the maze (but that will take you AGES: better go down to 6th.)

also keep one pure cleric in your party! when you've finished with the spiders you could as well change the neutral poison spells with something more useful.

do notice that there are 2 (main) entrances to level 4 from level 3: you have to use the one where you do NOT meet Taghor, in order to avoid the most of the spiders and go to the 6 level.

you'll have to get back to the spiders eventually later, i suggest to do it after you find "Severious" blade in a hidden alcove in level 7 or 8: you will find at that point also a power orb that will operate an oracle alcove back in level 5 (there too you will find spiders): that alcove will identify all magic items you will put there before the power orb.

it's useful to note also that the 3 underdark levels (the purple ones) have to be tackled mostly like they are one single level; that in levels from 4 to 9 you have to be extra careful in using keys, mostly in the 2 spider levels try not to pass through door with a floor panel that closes them back! do prefer long circumventions instead!
Old 14 July 2009, 18:53   #10
NubeCheCorre

Thanks for the infos

Unfortunatly i have taghor in my party now.. i have a mage, a cleric, a fighter, a paladin and taghor.. the problem is the poison.. i have limited magic of slow-poison.. i' ll try again
Old 14 July 2009, 22:08   #11
Marcuz

it's ok to have Taghor, mostly if you have not maxed all the stats when you started the game. if you don't like him as a fighter you can use him as well as inventory expander.

you have to try though to excape to the other side of the level (the one encompassing the dwarven mausoleum (where Kruen the Underking is mentioned)... i do actually sound like a nerd as my gf says...

btw, this page:
http://stanislavs.tripod.com/games/eob1.htm
is around since forever and it has a lot of interesting info, and maps.