English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 December 2017, 18:07   #1
rsn8887

How to keep aspect when resizing window?

I forgot how the filter panel works again...

How can I force 4:3 aspect (letterboxed) in Windowed mode? I want to be able to freely resize the WinUAE window, but the Amiga screen inside should always be 4:3 with black bars, but it should resize to hug the window on two sides.

What is "keep autoscale" aspect? What does "automatic scaling" mean?

I am kind of afraid of this settings screen because it is completely unintelligible what the options mean. I played around with it a lot trying to get sharp-bilinear-simple shader to work a year or so ago, but could never get it to work perfectly.

It is great that we have this settings window, but man is it confusing. I always forget how it works.

EDIT: Hmm when I select automatic scaling and then click keep autoscale aspect, it corrects itself. But as soon as I resize the Window again, aspect is wrong again.
Old 10 December 2017, 20:18   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Make sure aspect ratio correction menu is automatic or correct manual option. (Note that it selects PC ratio, Amiga ratio is always 4:3) Then select "default" as scaling mode if you don't need any special options. Use zoom sliders if image is too small or large.