English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 05 August 2006, 17:38   #1
foody

New project in motion....

Hello,

I am making a new game for the Amiga 1200 this time truly pushing the AGA chipset to the maxium. This game is going to be a strategic game, similiar to the concept of a chess board game but it is not really a chess board game. You have a set of characters that each have their own number of steps, etc, where you move around the land to attack the other opponents. When the two opponents meet, the screen change to real life time battle screen where two attack each other until one kills the other or one runs away from the battle, then return back to the main screen and the round for the character is over, etc. You could also do special attack at the main screen before entering combat screen.

Here are some samples of the actual classes:

A) Wizard
B) Troll
C) Sears
D) Cleric
E) Demon
F) Dragon, etc

Each class/race will have pros and cons and some will have an advantage over the other. For example a water elemental will do severe damage to the fire elemental, where as a fire elemental will do a severe damage to earth elemental and so on.

I do not want ANYONE to help me program the game, I can do it on my very own....so you ask why am I posting this project here? Simple, GRAPHICS. I have proven I can accomplish a project, and thus I need this time for someone to take this project really serious and actually help me all the way. The game is going to be isometric graphic style, I want to use 64 colors with 64 color palette only, which in my opinion is more than enough to give GREAT quality colors. The game is going to be AGA ones more so for people with low end Amiga will not be able to play this game.

Anyone here brave enough to take in this project? You can contact me at amiga500@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Old 07 August 2006, 01:01   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

sounds like Hero Quest mixed with Magic: the Gathering. Which could be cool

I don't think you'll have much luck recruiting people for graphics here. There are already a few projects running.

btw: whats with the insane font size?
Old 07 August 2006, 06:30   #3
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Wishing You all the best, with working on & finishing this project!
Old 07 August 2006, 18:41   #4
foody

How can I finish this project with no graphics support..I cannot do magic The project will not even start until I get 4 sprites to base my Engine on it.
Old 07 August 2006, 21:39   #5
Marcuz

graphics are hard to come by, and i've already my hands full; i hope some graphician gets onboard your project!
Old 12 August 2006, 12:20   #6
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by foody
How can I finish this project with no graphics support..I cannot do magic The project will not even start until I get 4 sprites to base my Engine on it.
Welcome to the club! My project's officially suspended unless I can make an artist appear out of thin air. Hopefully yours will fare better.
Old 13 August 2006, 00:39   #7
foody

That is not going to raise my self esteem is it?
Old 16 August 2006, 22:33   #8
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

A set back shouldn't lower your self asteem in the first place.

I'd bet you have more success with a site that is aimed at these kinds of projects in the first place, such as sourceforge.net. But its tough doing a pc or mac project, imagine how hard it is to get an Amiga project off the ground.
Old 24 August 2006, 20:34   #9
Mr_Modem
Emulator Lord

You should checkout this forum: http://pixel-arts.org/pixelopolis/. This is were some of the best pixel-artists hang out. They have a subforum where you can make requests like this. Good luck with you project!
Old 24 August 2006, 22:17   #10
Tony Landais
Zone Friend

Good luck for your project
I am looking for a project but I am 3D artist... I don't think I can be of any help for your project.
Old 11 November 2006, 17:39   #11
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
Hey Foody, are you still working on this game? I'm not sure if you've got any graphics yet, but I can help out if you like. I'm not very good, but I can draw something up for you to at least use so you can build the game, then edit the sprites later on to make them look better.

I have just volunteered to help Graham with his Annihilation game as well, but I'd like to help anyone I can.
Old 08 January 2008, 05:46   #12
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

This game sounds like an enhanced version of Archon. How is it going along?