English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 14 October 2006, 00:28   #1
dazza32

Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Have managed to get the game installed on hard drive using winuae emulator. Yeah
Two questions
1- Does the game have a save option in it and what might it be?

2- Also I cant quit the game and return to the workbench. Is there a universal keystroke that lets you do this for games. Thanks for any help

Old 14 October 2006, 04:00   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Heys Dazza32 and BIG WELCOMEto EAB, its nice to see another fellow amigan back with the community here.

Okay Startrek 25th Anniversary:

1-Save Option (honestly i cannot remember but Winuae can SaveState wich is a little better than the real thing)

2-Quitting to WB via a universal Keystroke..
Okay my friend you need WHDLoad (have a search of these fair forums and you will find many topics *and hosted projects* for this software.. it allows you to install a game and fool its execution in such a way it doesn`t know that its not running from floppy (amongst many other things).

WHD load also allows you to use a simple button stroke to quite out and back to WB, saying that a swift ctrl+amiga+amiga does the same thing

have a search on setting up an Amiga directory on your pc so you can effortlessly shae failes between the two..
Old 14 October 2006, 07:00   #3
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
Heys Dazza32 and BIG WELCOMEto EAB, its nice to see another fellow amigan back with the community here.
An aussie too.
Old 14 October 2006, 10:05   #4
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza32
Have managed to get the game installed on hard drive using winuae emulator. Yeah
Two questions
1- Does the game have a save option in it and what might it be?
Yes, there is. You have to click on Kirk (or press "K"). Amongst many other options there is one for saving a game.

Quote:
2- Also I cant quit the game and return to the workbench. Is there a universal keystroke that lets you do this for games. Thanks for any help
As far as I remember also click on Kirk.
Old 14 October 2006, 10:07   #5
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
2-Quitting to WB via a universal Keystroke..
Okay my friend you need WHDLoad (have a search of these fair forums and you will find many topics *and hosted projects* for this software.. it allows you to install a game and fool its execution in such a way it doesn`t know that its not running from floppy (amongst many other things).
I think that he meant about something like you have in Windows' games. Mostly from each game you can quit with CTRL+Q or ALT+F4.
Old 15 October 2006, 10:24   #6
dazza32

Thanks

Thanks for your help guys. That did the trick! It's very refreshing to find forums with helpful and pleasent people.
Long live amiga