English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 August 2020, 23:56   #1
bjørn felle

Trying to find Andreas Spreen

Hi everyone, I hope it's ok to post this here. I am trying to find Andreas Spreen who wrote Space Taxi 3 in 1994. I want to sample the title screen music and would like to ask permission before I do. If anyone knows him and could perhaps put me in contact, please let me know and I can give you contact details to pass on. Thanks in advance!
Old 14 August 2020, 00:06   #2
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjørn felle View Post
Hi everyone, I hope it's ok to post this here. I am trying to find Andreas Spreen who wrote Space Taxi 3 in 1994. I want to sample the title screen music and would like to ask permission before I do. If anyone knows him and could perhaps put me in contact, please let me know and I can give you contact details to pass on. Thanks in advance!
Plan B:
Just use it and if he minds, HE will find YOU
Disclaimer: That advice may or may not be bad ;-)
Old 14 August 2020, 00:34   #3
bjørn felle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Plan B:
Just use it and if he minds, HE will find YOU
Disclaimer: That advice may or may not be bad ;-)
well to be honest the game was written in 1994, and I'm a nobody, so he probably won't care if I use it, but I want to ask anyway out of politeness. If I can't find him I will probably use it and hope that in the unlikely event that he somehow hears it he would be happy about it, but I feel like I should make every effort to ask him first!
Old 14 August 2020, 11:26   #4
Superman

A quick google has found a few of his mods seem to be freely available so I can’t see a problem to be honest.

http://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/P...reas%20Spreen/
Old 14 August 2020, 12:34   #5
LongLifeA1200

Just remember to give credit where credit is due. It's not just the authors that demand it, the audience also likes to know where creativity came from.
Old 19 August 2020, 10:17   #6
chip

I found this interview to the composer

http://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?vi...tail=interview

In the end there's a link, perhaps it can be used to contact him
Old 20 August 2020, 13:09   #7
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
I found this interview to the composer

http://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?vi...tail=interview

In the end there's a link, perhaps it can be used to contact him
The link leads to a page that is archived and can be seen here: https://web.archive.org/web/19990221...~andi/modteam/
There is an email link in that pag to andi something, but 1999...
Old 10 September 2020, 23:32   #8
bjørn felle

thank you all for the links, sadly I haven't been able to find him yet despite contacting every Andreas Spreen I could find and trying all of the links posted (none of the contact details on any of the pages worked). I am going to post on Reddit as a last resort as the track is done and ready to go out, and I would love to give him the opportunity to hear what I have done with his work
Old 08 October 2021, 17:20   #9
SpaceTaxiPilot

Should be obsolete by now, but I am that Andreas Spreen with this SpaceTaxi-freeware-game. (There seem to be quite a number of Andreas Spreens around here in germany, sorry for the inconvenience when searching). Found this thread by a google search.

Just wanted to confirm, that any use of the old material, SpaceTaxi title music for instance, is very fine by me. I'm honored if someone may like it enough to give it a listen after all these years.

And it's cool for me to have found this board. Read around a little bit and enjoy the mixture of good old feelings, nice memories and interesting new developments. Definately want to get back into emulating and playing some of that old games and also listen more to the old mod department. Still sounds good to me.
Old 08 October 2021, 17:32   #10
chip

Welcome to the forum !
Old 25 November 2021, 20:28   #11
bjørn felle

I'm so happy you got in touch. Thank you Andreas, I have replied to your DM. For others who might be intrigued, here's a link to the track and how I used Space Taxi in it.

http://bjornfelle.com/blog/defaults/
Old 26 November 2021, 04:27   #12
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTaxiPilot View Post
Should be obsolete by now, but I am that Andreas Spreen with this SpaceTaxi-freeware-game. (There seem to be quite a number of Andreas Spreens around here in germany, sorry for the inconvenience when searching). Found this thread by a google search.

Just wanted to confirm, that any use of the old material, SpaceTaxi title music for instance, is very fine by me. I'm honored if someone may like it enough to give it a listen after all these years.

And it's cool for me to have found this board. Read around a little bit and enjoy the mixture of good old feelings, nice memories and interesting new developments. Definately want to get back into emulating and playing some of that old games and also listen more to the old mod department. Still sounds good to me.
Thank you for joining this board. I think it is awesome to have you here.

Please let me thank you for the wonderful SpaceTaxi 3, which is my favorite Amiga multiplayer game of all time, and IMO the best Space Taxi type game ever made. The program is so well written, the collision detection is spot on, everything is so smooth, and there are so many custom things that happen in the later levels, like the ingenious moving double elevator rooms in that one level (you probably know which level I am talking about). The game requires so much teamwork, communication between players, and skill!

My friends and I had sooooo much fun with SpaceTaxi 3 over the years, first as teenagers, and even now as adults, we play SpaceTaxi 3 all the time. Over many years, I kept introducing more and more friends to Space Taxi 3, and everybody who tries it ends up loving it!!! Most recently, we started playing with 3 and 4 players over "AmigaLive" over the internet, and SpaceTaxi 3 is just as much fun as it always has been.

The urge to play SpaceTaxi 3 on handheld devices is what first convinced me to buy a little portable Netbook PC many years ago, so I could bring emulated SpaceTaxi 3 to my friends' places when I visited. SpaceTaxi 3 also got me motivated to port UAE4All2 to the Nintendo Switch and to improve the Vita port of UAE4All2, as well as work a little bit on Retroarch PUAE a couple years ago, just so I could play SpaceTaxi 3 multiplayer wherever I go, either on the Switch in tabletop mode, or on the Vita TV with a HDMI screen. My test while working on that emulator was always to play SpaceTaxi 3

Thank you also for your other games: Two-to-One (which I just recently learned about), Blasteris, and, especially, the awesome Age of Rock. Your games are such incredible fun, even more so with multiple players simultaneously. There are so many creative ideas in your games. Have you ever thought of making more such wonderful games in the future?

I apologize for the superlatives, but you really made such amazing games on the Amiga IMO. I just had to thank you.

Last edited by rsn8887; 26 November 2021 at 04:39.
Old 26 November 2021, 05:27   #13
Pyromania

Hey Taxi!
Old 26 November 2021, 10:16   #14
bjørn felle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
Thank you for joining this board. I think it is awesome to have you here.

Please let me thank you for the wonderful SpaceTaxi 3, which is my favorite Amiga multiplayer game of all time, and IMO the best Space Taxi type game ever made. The program is so well written, the collision detection is spot on, everything is so smooth, and there are so many custom things that happen in the later levels, like the ingenious moving double elevator rooms in that one level (you probably know which level I am talking about). The game requires so much teamwork, communication between players, and skill!

My friends and I had sooooo much fun with SpaceTaxi 3 over the years, first as teenagers, and even now as adults, we play SpaceTaxi 3 all the time. Over many years, I kept introducing more and more friends to Space Taxi 3, and everybody who tries it ends up loving it!!! Most recently, we started playing with 3 and 4 players over "AmigaLive" over the internet, and SpaceTaxi 3 is just as much fun as it always has been.

The urge to play SpaceTaxi 3 on handheld devices is what first convinced me to buy a little portable Netbook PC many years ago, so I could bring emulated SpaceTaxi 3 to my friends' places when I visited. SpaceTaxi 3 also got me motivated to port UAE4All2 to the Nintendo Switch and to improve the Vita port of UAE4All2, as well as work a little bit on Retroarch PUAE a couple years ago, just so I could play SpaceTaxi 3 multiplayer wherever I go, either on the Switch in tabletop mode, or on the Vita TV with a HDMI screen. My test while working on that emulator was always to play SpaceTaxi 3

Thank you also for your other games: Two-to-One (which I just recently learned about), Blasteris, and, especially, the awesome Age of Rock. Your games are such incredible fun, even more so with multiple players simultaneously. There are so many creative ideas in your games. Have you ever thought of making more such wonderful games in the future?

I apologize for the superlatives, but you really made such amazing games on the Amiga IMO. I just had to thank you.
It makes me so happy to know that other people connected with Andreas' games too, particularly Space Taxi 3 I used to really like Rush Hour too. I should give that another try now. Thanks for your work on the Switch Amiga emulator. I haven't yet softmodded my Switch but I do plan to at some point and some mobile Space Taxi sounds like a great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Hey Taxi!
I heard it in the voice
Old 28 November 2021, 18:29   #15
DMackey828

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjørn felle View Post
I'm so happy you got in touch. Thank you Andreas, I have replied to your DM. For others who might be intrigued, here's a link to the track and how I used Space Taxi in it.

http://bjornfelle.com/blog/defaults/

I like it. Nice job.
Old 28 November 2021, 18:36   #16
bjørn felle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMackey828 View Post
I like it. Nice job.
Thank you friend. It was a very fun project and a lovely reason to make Amiga part of my life again.
Old 28 November 2021, 20:24   #17
Pyromania

I played Zep! On iPad but it’s not as good as Space Taxi