English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 02 August 2015, 18:01   #1
Treguard

Differences between versions?

Hi

Stupid question, but does anyone know if there's a list of the differences between each version?

Thanks in advance
Old 02 August 2015, 18:59   #2
Gzegzolka

In what?
Old 02 August 2015, 19:39   #3
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

In Classic Workbench.
Old 02 August 2015, 23:02   #4
Treguard

Sorry yes classic workbench
Specifically the lite and full version really as I'm running it on a 1200 with 8mb Fastram
Old 02 August 2015, 23:38   #5
Bugala

What do you mean by Lite and Full version? I have never heard of such thing. As far as i know, they kept releasing full versions all the time, and in some cases updated versions.
Old 02 August 2015, 23:48   #6
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Hi, the main difference is scalos, the full version has this installed which is a workbench replacement, you can read about it just do a Google search. With 8mb I recommend the lite version because scalos makes the full pack quite memory hungry.

The other extra you get with the full pack is IGame which is a very nice whdload front end.

But I recommend 16mb to run the full pack and an 030 for the adv /adv sp & 3.9 packs.

There should be a more detailed feature list on the classic workbench website
Old 05 August 2015, 14:23   #7
Treguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Hi, the main difference is scalos, the full version has this installed which is a workbench replacement, you can read about it just do a Google search. With 8mb I recommend the lite version because scalos makes the full pack quite memory hungry.

The other extra you get with the full pack is IGame which is a very nice whdload front end.

But I recommend 16mb to run the full pack and an 030 for the adv /adv sp & 3.9 packs.

There should be a more detailed feature list on the classic workbench website
Thanks for the replies. I had tried the FULL version initially (as my 1200 has a turbo 1230lc accelerator in running at 25mhz) but didn't realise that the jumper was set on there to 4mb (so 2mb chipram, 4mb fastram). The full version did run, however a good number of WHDLoad failed to load giving EXPMEM errors.

I just wasn't too sure if having changed the setting to 8mb, i f that would now be enough. The only thing I miss being on the LITE version is Igame if honest, and having all of the game folders automatically set (as well as ASSIGN working correctly for me).

I'll stick with the LITE version though as you suggested
Old 09 August 2015, 14:41   #8
Treguard

I was just thinking, is there any way to get Igame (with all the folders set up) on the LITE version or will it really only work with FULL?
Old 24 August 2015, 16:30   #9
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treguard View Post
I was just thinking, is there any way to get Igame (with all the folders set up) on the LITE version or will it really only work with FULL?
Hi I'm pretty sure you can install it, IGame has its own website you can check the requirements. Or you could try xbench which is quite a nice game launcher/front end.