English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 March 2017, 08:47   #1
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Did any Vampires make it into the hands of Australian Amiga users?

The title says it all really. Does anyone know if any Appolo board made it down under? Do you own one? Or someone you know of?

I think majesta must know assuming that I'm attaching the right EAB username to the right current Amiga project in my addled memory But I don't expect anyone to name names if it's a friend of a friend who might wish to remain anonymous.

Just a simple "Yes I can confirm that there is one as I have personally sent it" or "Definitely not, no orders were placed for an A600 vampire in AU." would be nice to know, and maybe a number assuming that more than one made it past the equator Thankyou.
Old 19 March 2017, 09:11   #2
majsta
www.majsta.com

Yes there are about 20 cards there. You can see them working on certain blogs based in Australia also.
Old 19 March 2017, 09:30   #3
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by majsta View Post
Yes there are about 20 cards there. You can see them working on certain blogs based in Australia also.
(I must confess I did know that there were some, but was hoping for. And got a solid figure: )
Sweet, thanks. I'm not going to name or link my project that I was needing this information for here. But seeing as your answer is so concise I may consider using it as a direct quote in any coverage I give in my Australian ( writing staff are all Aussie, but anyone can read it: ) computer publication about availability and or development of your product.

Now we are primarily a SteamOS operation, but we cater for the kind of gamer who has a games room. So news is still relevant, we would most likely just say a few words about what is currently officially online, as it's only of slight interest, but of interest none the less.

But we are featuring the Amiga heavily in first couple of issues (well, zero and one: ) mainly FS-UAE, but how could we not consider mentioning as much as we know about this in any Amiga feature?

So PM me if you are possibly interested in publicising your product. Thanks.

Oh, and would you be fine being known as "majesta on EAB" or uncomfortable with people reading about how they might be able pester you in a magazine outside of the Amiga community? Whatever name you wish to be known as is fine, but if I'm going to be quoting you I think need to use a name if not location of the original quote. Thanks.
Old 19 March 2017, 11:03   #4
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
I have one Vampire 1 and one Vampire 2 for A600 built by keeper2k from the pre-order list... it's running in Far North Queensland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 March 2017, 11:15   #5
mihcael
Zone Friend

Yep, I have the v600-2 also.
Old 19 March 2017, 12:57   #6
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Cool I may possibly like to get a few words from one or both of you about how you are finding the vampire A600. I'll PM you with more detail in a few days if I don't hear from you first. Thanks

But somehow I don't imagine either of you are dissatisfied.