English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 May 2021, 03:36   #1
Seiya

Demo of old games

i start some many days ago to make a streaming and show some demo of old commercial games now object for retro-gamers because sometimes you find different gameplay, different sounds, differente graphics compared with the final version and i like to go to search this things.

In these days howerver i show too many games like trailer so not too much deeply play or try to finish the demo.

So now i want to choose a demo and play it in streming as far as i finish or at least change game when i never find a solution.

Streaming are here (is multi streming on facebook, twitch and youtube) and is only in italian language, but next stream i try to speak in English with Italian accent.
Prefered platform richs of demos are Amiga, PC and Atari ST.

https://www.twitch.tv/seiyabe
Old 24 May 2021, 16:11   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Fun idea, I can't think of anyone else that plays specifically demos. Sometimes you get something truly original, the Warcraft 2 demo for example was somewhat different than the release version.
Old 24 May 2021, 21:41   #3
Seiya

of course i don't general play with demos, but is like a funny idea to try them to see if there some change compared with final viersion. Some demos are special for some magazine and become new original levels.

Maybe is not a good idea to show only 1 or 2, but more. Maybe i will try to stay on it more possibile to show every aspect.
On Amiga and PC there are many games in common; sometimes you find demo per PC, but not for Amiga or you find on Amiga and not on PC or you find for Atari ST.

Wing Commander Demo for Amiga you see a game totally different from final one. Idem on PC the final version is very different from what you on the demo.

It's a funny idea to see if change something or not from a preview to final.
Old 25 May 2021, 15:48   #4
Seiya

i start now!