English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 15 February 2004, 01:17   #1
Error

Unhappy Please help me I *REALLY* need some help...

Hey all

I've been struggling with a couple of.. misfeatures recently. I will try to explain it as short as possible

1. Could anyone please tell me how can I get rid of WinUAEEnforcer hits on input.device right after reboot? I disabled all the JIT, tried with different "CPUs" emulated, I have the same problem on my both PCs [3.2G and 2.4G Athlons], kick 3.5, 3.1 a.s.o. - same result

2. as I am writing kind of mastering software.. when I burn a CD at some random point SCSI IO command never returns and my program freezes. I tried it on my Amiga, asked friends of mine to check on theirs -- no problem at all..

My posts used to be kind of invisible for some time.. I hope that I get at least a few words of response to this one..

Thanks a lot... Cheers.
Old 15 February 2004, 10:01   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

1: No idea, sorry. I have never used it.

2: I can send you scsi-debug log enabled version. I think it should help?
Old 15 February 2004, 11:05   #3
Error

Quote:
2: I can send you scsi-debug log enabled version. I think it should help?
well, it could perhaps, but I have my own SCSI debugging facility that works under classic amiga and amithlon, too.. but I'd be grateful. Actually the last information I get is that a write request had been sent and I get no response at all [no err/key/asc/ascq shows next to it], then most things freeze [no access to disk drive a.s.o.]. like a crash... but then MuForce / MuGuardianAngel and other tools remain silent under classic Amiga and my system stays stable ... I'd rather see it crashing, too hehe

Cheers and thanks for reply.
Old 15 February 2004, 13:29   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Note that uaescsi.device does not do any ATAPI->SCSI translation like real scsi.device does (yet, btw, this is the reason why PlayCD fails)

MakeCD also freezes under WinUAE if MAKECD_ATAPI and MAKECD_NO_DCR are not enabled.
Old 15 February 2004, 21:26   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Note that uaescsi.device does not do any ATAPI->SCSI translation like real scsi.device does
This was implemented today. PlayCD will work, MakeCD should work without extra parameters etc..
Old 15 February 2004, 22:00   #6
Error

Thumbs up

GREAT! many thanks for Your suggestions

I managed to make WinUAEEnf finally working [heh, it was much easier to come by than I thought -- if someone ever has such problem just tell them to.. move their VBR to fast ram ... easiest ideas usually work best ]

Quote:
This was implemented today
Man, do You sleep sometimes?

and I thought it's only me who works like a mole . Anyways... I'm really really grateful!!
THANKS A LOT

btw - as my program bases mainly on SCSI-2 and SCSI-3 protocols.. I shouldn't have to worry about commands, should I?

Cheers!

Last edited by Error; 15 February 2004 at 22:16.