English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 21 April 2022, 20:57   #1
TheDrisk

Working on Converting the 17Bit PD Library and Assassins Library to ADF

Howdy all,

A friend showed me the cool app ADF Opus... So not sure if anyone has done this ( couldn't find any free thing out there), but I have been
converting it the 17 Bit Collection and any PD collections out there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vwcbC3eHMpiuMA9oSxUEeP1TfivRR--3/view?usp=sharing

So far I have done the first, 2 CD collection, using some Excel know how in auto pulling the names to something more descriptive (have included the Excel as well in case useful elsewhere. This same link though will be updated as I convert more of them.

Anyway I have lots of fond memories of these 17-Bit CD libraries on my A570 back in the day it all seemed so magical, and maybe there might be some hidden gem or resource out there not converted or out there. As always completely happy and actively encourage people to re-house and share this wherever.

The dream for me at least would be to get these all (particularly the Assassin Game Collections on to WHD load and my Mini... But for stage 1 this is a good start. Anyway enjoy.
Old 22 April 2022, 07:44   #2
Matt_H

Um, I don't mean to criticize, but I think your work is redundant. These collections have existed as .dms/.adf for a long time now.
Old 22 April 2022, 11:26   #3
hitm4n

Hi Drisk. Check out the TOSEC collection of Amiga Stuff. Its rather extensive.
Old 22 April 2022, 15:47   #4
gizmomelb

Thanks TheDrisk - will check out the renaming, hopefully makes what is on the disks a lot clearer.
Old 23 April 2022, 02:44   #5
TheDrisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmomelb View Post
Thanks TheDrisk - will check out the renaming, hopefully makes what is on the disks a lot clearer.
Thanks all...was struggling to find the direct disks... I did discover Charlie Chimp 3 on Assassin CD 3 which HOL doesn't have... So maybe ones out there not on TOSEC... Also able to plug the gaps on AmiPD for Assassins.... Didnt spend too long on it... wil do phase 6 and then LSD CD and think that's all of them... For me at least its nice to see per CD as and numbered with name... As nice way to see evolution of amiga PD and for me at least great memories as I used to love these CD's
Old 24 April 2022, 00:14   #6
TheDrisk

I have uploaded the entire 17Bit PD Library and Assassins in ADF. Could someone possibly point me to a good basic tutorial to make WHD slaves? Would love to have all the Assassin disks on my Amiga Mini now have in ADF and named