English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 November 2013, 17:20   #81
andy82

Thanks Codetapper for asking Matt Broughton. Really sad that it didn't survive although several magazines had copies. I'd guess that everything the old Amiga magazines had in stock went straight to the dump already back in the 90s but who knows, maybe it still exists in a warehouse somewhere and will end up on ebay some day... but the disks are probably no longer readable then

Maybe we really have to get over it that we will never see the full Putty Squad...
Old 06 November 2013, 17:35   #82
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

The community could develop their own version of the game as a derivative work - think 'Plastercene Squad'...
Old 06 November 2013, 18:42   #83
BarryB
Amigaholic

Why not call it 'Bullshit Squad', sounds more inline with what's coming from Shitstem3!!
Old 06 November 2013, 18:52   #84
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittamituaki View Post
Thank you very very much, Don_Adan !!!!!

About 5 month ago, I also played snes version again and again (searched at all platforms!!),too,
because I thought my question(about amiga demo) might be solved
to confirm whether 2nd secret stage exists at the first 6 stages in snes version or not.
Then I got same results, so I am tired about system3 for this reason,too.(this summer)

And I am happy that I can know about all stages about amiga version.
Snes version has 35 stages and secret rooms.
I am a bit surprised that the number of stages are almost same.
If there are some Amiga version exclusive stages, it seems under 5 stages, I thought.

Thanks anyway, mystery is solved.
No problem. From my memory only Putty Squad demo from Amiga Action can be different from others PS demos. If I remember right Amiga Action version used MFM protection, but I overwritten this demo (as some other rare demos too) many years ago and no dumped version of this demo on the net is available.
About PS 4th level/map, it can be planned level to add or special level, due no name for this level, similar like for some others levels too.
Old 20 November 2013, 02:31   #85
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

And Mark Cale keeps stringing the Amiga public along. Yesterday on the System 3 facebook page, the following was posted in regards to a question about some other version:

"Hi Jason. We will be making a further statement on Putty squad Amiga shortly."

What's he going to promise and not deliver on this time I wonder?

Incidentally, it sounds like he may actually be the one posting stuff as Simon Nicoll posted a "Hi Mark, how are things going" type question and a reply came as though Mark had written it. Maybe nothing of course. Hopefully he is monitoring the page and we should keep hammering it with Amiga questions!
Old 20 November 2013, 07:14   #86
TjLaZer

Why not just have a digital download of the ADF's? Then it's up to the "Retro community" to get them on real disks if they want. No need to source 3.5" disks or worry about a thing!
Old 20 November 2013, 07:31   #87
s2325
Zone Friend

There is also unfinished version for GameBoy Color, from Thalamus.
Old 20 November 2013, 15:23   #88
john1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
And Mark Cale keeps stringing the Amiga public along. Yesterday on the System 3 facebook page, the following was posted in regards to a question about some other version:

"Hi Jason. We will be making a further statement on Putty squad Amiga shortly."

What's he going to promise and not deliver on this time I wonder?
I'm no longer allowing him access to my heart strings. Once bitten twice shy and all that.

However I do like a good drama, and this one is now providing some entertainment. What will be the next twist in the story!?
Old 20 November 2013, 20:40   #89
fxart
FxART

John Twiddy reply:

Dear friends and fans of Putty Squad Amiga.

In a recent interview with Retro Gamer, Mark Cale, the CEO of System 3 revealed our plans to deliver a pre-order bonus for fans of Putty Squad; the original in the form of the unreleased Amiga ve...rsion on an Amiga disk. We were excited about the possibility of finally releasing the game for a system we loved dearly.

However, sometimes, even the best plans have to change, even if you don’t want them to. Due to a number of factors, we discovered we wouldn’t be able to deliver the original Amiga version, and for this, we’re truly sorry.

We could have overcome the lack of retail support for the Amiga version as part of a collector’s edition, as well as the price of the disks. The biggest stumbling block was the mastering process itself.

When the original idea of releasing the Amiga version on disk was put forward, we believed it would be a relatively simple matter of running the original mastering process with the old Amiga 1200 and hard disk. When it came to it however, whilst we have all the original Amiga 68000 source code and all the mastering files, we did not have the crucial component to save to disk nor the current expertise to substitute this process to create more modern equivalent file formats.

The good news, though, is that there is light at the end of the tunnel. We knew Putty had an incredible fan base, but even we were surprised by the passion of the community. What surprised us more, were the offers of help and assistance. Where we weren’t able to master and compile the game, we had a stream of offers to help us do so, and we’re humbled by this response.

Because of your incredible passion and these offers of assistance, we’re now directly engaged with community members to try to finally get Putty Squad out on the Amiga. While we’re being cautious to not promise when or what form it will take, we’ll do our very best to make it happen.

We’re meeting with various community members over the coming days, and we’ll update you by December 6th to let you know how things have progressed. Thank you again for your patience and your understanding, and keep your fingers crossed!

Sincerely

John Twiddy
System 3

Old 20 November 2013, 21:00   #90
wanderer
I want an A1000

Interesting development. We'll wait and see I guess, and hope for the best.
Old 20 November 2013, 21:00   #91
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Promising news... Maybe all our "encouragement" on forums/facebook helped!
Old 20 November 2013, 21:02   #92
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Is fxart John Twiddy or a cunning hoaxter?
I ask this as his language here is very good, whilst in his previous posts his English is a bit ropey.

Edit.
Cancel that Fxart likely just copy and pasted from FB.

Last edited by DDNI; 20 November 2013 at 21:24.
Old 20 November 2013, 21:03   #93
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

News of a sort I suppose
Old 20 November 2013, 21:29   #94
Amiga1992

Quote:
I'm surprised even you believe any of this new lie. I expect nothing but the same shit again. "The old Amiga 1200 and hard disk"? I seriously doubt that, by the time Putty Squad was made, it wasn't created in a crossdev environment.
Old 20 November 2013, 22:12   #95
funK

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
News of a sort I suppose
Well, if neither of you are in those "community members" they're planning to meet, the Amiga release is just not going to happen...
Old 20 November 2013, 22:55   #96
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

Wonder which will come out "first" Putty Squad or Babylonian Twins? (I'm a fine one to talk taking 21 years to write a game mind!)
Old 20 November 2013, 23:18   #97
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coagulus View Post
Wonder which will come out "first" Putty Squad or Babylonian Twins? (I'm a fine one to talk taking 21 years to write a game mind!)
For Amiga? Probably World of warcraft...
Old 20 November 2013, 23:38   #98
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
I reckon its a spoof, what community members has he contacted? Swore them to secretcious has he? No one mention of slip of the tongue to anyone friend of a friend..hmm..sound very Marc Cale to me tbh.

I'll hold my judgement till Putty Day 6th of December.
Old 20 November 2013, 23:45   #99
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxart View Post
While we’re being cautious to not promise when or what form it will take, we’ll do our very best to make it happen.
Says it all really...
Old 21 November 2013, 17:09   #100
john1979

Quote:
Where we weren’t able to master and compile the game, we had a stream of offers to help us do so, and we’re humbled by this response.
Assuming what has been said is the truth, it sounds like they didn't have the person(s) with the knowledge anymore to actually do anything vaguely clever with an Amiga. This includes compiling source code, making ADFs, writing it out to disks etc etc. What they had was the full game, but no ability to do anything with it.