English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 17 November 2020, 18:26   #141
Zak
Zap´em

I use the goal! trainer too, there is nothing better on the market I guess. I hope SingRay will create something better in the far future, but he only has so much time.

You need to insert a data disk with teams and press load goalfile. Team filenames must be 8 digits only.

With dino dini file system you unpack everything from it to your PC harddisk, open a command line, change to the ddfs directory. You need to copy your adf-file of the Goal! disk you want to change into this ddfs directory. Enter readdisk <name>.adf to disassamble the disk, you get all the files available on the disk copied into a new folder.

I use it to get the files from GOAL! Cup Edition Disk 1. I can insert my changed tms files into the new folder that ddfs made. Then I use the writedisk command to reassamble the disk. Ergo I get a Goal! Cup Edition patched with new teams.

This only works with a clean bootblock that StingRay copied to my disk. Normal cracked versions will cause problems.
Old 18 November 2020, 11:35   #142
benvelor

thanks a lot!
I'll try
only one more question: can I edit .tms files from a data disk? And repack it as data disk?
Old 18 November 2020, 18:25   #143
Zak
Zap´em

I often unpack my Goal! formatted data disk with ddfs and get the pure tms files. (I insert them into the Goal! Disk 1) I don't know if you can repack it as data disk. I never tried that.
Old 18 November 2020, 19:48   #144
benvelor

ok, thanks again!
Old 23 November 2020, 09:20   #145
benvelor

ddfs works with datadisk, as well
i'm italian, i dont'have the ' on the keyboard, I always used the " in sostitution (e.g. D"Ambrosio instead of D'Ambrosio): with ddss, I open the tms files with an hex editor, I change the " with ', save, write, and it works fine

Last edited by benvelor; 23 November 2020 at 11:14.
Old 24 November 2020, 23:45   #146
Zak
Zap´em

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvelor View Post
ddfs works with datadisk, as well
i'm italian, i dont'have the ' on the keyboard, I always used the " in sostitution (e.g. D"Ambrosio instead of D'Ambrosio): with ddss, I open the tms files with an hex editor, I change the " with ', save, write, and it works fine
O.K. good! By the way the goaltrainer keeps the goal! formatted data disk intact, too. And you can certainly post your fantasy disks here if you like to.

---

Today I uploaded GOAL-zak-data-17 because there was a mistake in the Benfica Lineup. I also made a touch-up for some players.
Old 25 November 2020, 08:50   #147
benvelor

I tried to edit a data disk with goaltrainer and it works

I prefer leave goal disk as original and make a data disk for teams

thanks for your help, I never know how to edit players' attributes without you

honestly, I would prefer a goaltrainer with more clear slides, I am used to count the "little bar", in game, and in the editor there is no indication how of these you assign to a player...
Old 25 November 2020, 18:25   #148
Zak
Zap´em

I prefer original Goal! in a way too. I tried with my GOALnew to leave everything as original as possible, but to change it just the way it was intended to be.
So I didn't change any lineups, I just changed that the defenders really play in back line and the forwards up front. But the lineups are still original Goal! lineups. The same with the tactics. I tried to keep positions as original as possible (counting pixels) and just swapped the players back around that were obviously mistakenly swapped before.

I hate the slide bars with the goaltrainer too. It is possible though to count the values beginning from the top, the sliding cursor takes little steps. But it's very time consuming, especially because some values appear two times. And you need special moves to achieve certain values.
Old 08 December 2020, 18:19   #149
Zak
Zap´em

I made a text just so that I remember everything later myself:

How to work with GoalTrainer1.02

Start GoalTrainer under Workbench. (Will not work with WB 1.3)
Insert Goal! formatted data disk with saved teams in df0:
Team filenames must have 8 letters or less.
Click "Load GOALfile" then click "Get GOALdir".
Select the file you want to work on below "Get GOALdir".
Select the team you want to change in the list on the very left.
Select the player you want to change under the column "squad".
In the middle at the bottom there are 8 scrolling bars.
Each bar changes a Goal! Value listed on the right besides them.

Every bar starts with the equivalent of three red points at the top (as to be seen in Goal! itself).
The bar takes little steps when you move it downwards by holding the mouse button on it and pulling down.
You can count the values with each step the scrolling bar cursor takes.
Every value you worked on will change one point up when you change to a different player in the list.
So make sure you leave the values one point below the value you want to achieve.

You achieve the value 2 red by pulling one point down from 3 red and letting it change back up when changing the player.
The scrolling bar will be back to 3 red but the value visible in Goal! will be 2 red.

Under red the next value color is white. Under white is light green.
The values 7 white and 3 white are present twice. So the descending order is 10,9,8,7,7,6,5,4,3,3,2,1 counting from top.
To achieve the value of 2 white you must get the scrolling bar into the green values, stop pressing the mouse button there.
Then from the green values push the scrolling bar directly up to 1 white without a pause and stop pressing the mouse button there again.
Changing to a different player will move the scrolling bar to 2 white. Without this special move the value visible in Goal! will be 3 white.

Always make sure that your teams don't have more than 28 players and that all 13 shirts are assigned to players. You can check this by clicking on "Shirt --".

When finished working on players click on "Save GOALfile".

After working with the trainer you should start Goal! and have a look if all the values came out right the way you want them.
You must then sort the players in each team because the trainer will get them into a state of disorder.
Old 11 December 2020, 12:18   #150
benvelor

Thanks a lot!
so, if I understand, if I want to edit a player with 6 white, in editor I have to "select" 5 because it add one more at the value I set
it's right..?
Old 11 December 2020, 18:26   #151
Zak
Zap´em

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvelor View Post
Thanks a lot!
so, if I understand, if I want to edit a player with 6 white, in editor I have to "select" 5 because it add one more at the value I set
it's right..?
Absolutely correct. And there are also double values in the greens like in the whites, but I can't remember them. I mostly give white values to my players.
Old 14 December 2020, 15:00   #152
benvelor

me too
we say yellow instead of white

a "yellow player" is one with many yellow "little bars"
Old 16 December 2020, 18:56   #153
Zak
Zap´em

In Goal-zak-data-18 I learned new information about Australia and changed some things here and there.
Old 18 December 2020, 20:46   #154
Zak
Zap´em

I released GOAL-zak-data-19 shortly after because I got all new information for the World Cup
Old 22 December 2020, 14:27   #155
benvelor

I wonder if there is a way to "import" some pc version file to have the third color in kits... It's a shame, the pc game is poor about graphic resolution, reduced screen but has this feature...
Old 22 December 2020, 17:04   #156
Zak
Zap´em

I think it's part of the main executable file and you would need to resource it and then reprogram it. I would also like to get rid of the bug that in vertical view the left side players play on the right side a vice versa.

You can also unpack Kick Off 2 disks with DDFS and I dreamed to import the 3-4-3 tactics to Goal! but the files are not the same and tactics in Kick Off 2 are also part of the main executable file.
Old 22 December 2020, 18:48   #157
benvelor

just a dream, the third color...

for tactics there is an editor, it works like the player manager ingame one
Old 22 December 2020, 18:50   #158
Zak
Zap´em

And I already edited the tactics with it, but I would rather like an original Dino Dini 3-4-3 than to invent one on my own
Old 08 January 2021, 19:50   #159
Zak
Zap´em

If you're interested in the topic, don't miss GOAL-zak-data-20.zip. I could watch a lot of Football during lockdown and correct a lot of lineups.
Old 30 January 2021, 21:43   #160
Zak
Zap´em

I found an interesting numbering in a new video not available before and made GOALnew47.zip. And also some other minor changes.