English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 23 September 2020, 15:19   #1
jcgeuze

Amigakit ripoff? (Talks happening between the two sides)

I got ripped off by amigakit. Ordered for 150 GBP of amiga stuff. It never arrived and they provided me with some fake tracking number that doesn't even exist according to the Royal Mail website.

They asked me to give them more time for the product to arrive, which i did, 1.5 months later and i told them it has still not arrived. now they refuse to respond to my emails.

Be careful when dealing with these people.
Old 23 September 2020, 16:31   #2
jotd
This cat is no more

they'll probably refund you, just bad organization. Happened to me. There's another thread about them somewhere.
Old 23 September 2020, 18:16   #3
Pixelfill

FFS, every time I get revved up to buy something from Amigakit another one of these threads emerges.
Old 23 September 2020, 18:59   #4
amigakit.com

@jcgeuze

I have checked our user accounts and cannot find any order for you for 150 GBP: what exactly was the order number of this large value order?

On your user account I can only see two small orders for around £30 and we shipped both of them separately way back in April. You paid just £4 for *untrackable* shipping to Mexico. The package number is not a tracking number.

Back in April it was very sensible to wait extra time for the package to arrive due to Coronavirus closing down flights which packages take across the world. You should check with your local post office and check if there are any customs fees to pay. After this time the package maybe sent back to us if not claimed.

Is post in Mexico reliable ? Your order comments were to send both packages separately so it seems very strange if either did not arrive by now.

We successfully ship hundreds of packages every week all over the world and have very few go missing. In the very rare instances that there are a problem it is due to the wrong address being provided, package no being collected or customs fees not being paid.

Additionally in some South American countries, it is now necessary to add your CPF number in the address you provide us. Is this the case in your country? This can cause problems with customs.

Last edited by amigakit.com; 23 September 2020 at 19:12.
Old 23 September 2020, 20:11   #5
jcgeuze

I've ordered stuff from other amiga online dealers from the us and europe and everything has arrived. May it with a bit of a delay lately. Customs does not bother checking anything below 50 usd and only checks packages sent through DHL, FEDEX etc.

ORDER NUMBER: 61124 (BEING PICKED)
Order Date: Thursday 09 April, 2020
Order Cost: £28.33

ORDER NUMBER: 61033 (DELIVERED)
Order Date: Saturday 04 April, 2020
Order Cost: £35.65 VIEW

ORDER NUMBER: 61032 (DELIVERED)
Order Cost: £28.32 VIEW

none of these 3 orders have arrived.

and your support is ignoring my emails.
Old 23 September 2020, 20:23   #6
amigakit.com

So there was not any 150 GBP order as mentioned in your opening post?

You are citing in public that we defrauded you: "rippoff" as your title of this thread states. However we have sent the two orders in April to you using regular airmail as you opted for that rather than pay extra for trackable shipping. Presumably this measure was to try and avoid customs checks, however it is perfectly reasonable to expect customs to check all value packages.

Quote:
fake tracking number
We can provide you with the documentation for the packages sent to you and are happy to email this to you. This will show the time and date your packages were collected from us. Furthermore the package numbers referenced on our website will match the Royal Mail paperwork.

Check your email box in the next 30 minutes
Old 23 September 2020, 20:30   #7
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgeuze View Post
I've ordered stuff from other amiga online dealers from the us and europe and everything has arrived. May it with a bit of a delay lately. Customs does not bother checking anything below 50 usd and only checks packages sent through DHL, FEDEX etc.

ORDER NUMBER: 61124 (BEING PICKED)
Order Date: Thursday 09 April, 2020
Order Cost: £28.33

ORDER NUMBER: 61033 (DELIVERED)
Order Cost: £35.65 VIEW

ORDER NUMBER: 61032 (DELIVERED)
Order Cost: £28.32 VIEW

none of these 3 orders have arrived.

and your support is ignoring my emails.
So, care to point out where the £150 worth of stuff you ordered?

If you're going to critique the honesty of others, it is ESSENTIAL that yours not be questionable at the same time.
Old 23 September 2020, 20:54   #8
amigakit.com

The Royal Mail paperwork, labels, collection manifest and package numbers have been emailed to you.

You can clearly see the date and time we raised the label and the time the Royal Mail collected the packages from us. No fraud has been enacted on our behalf.

You placed a series of orders and asked them to be sent as untrackable presumably with the intent for the packages to avoid flagging by customs. Your order comments read "please do not combine shipping".

We duly sent the items in good faith to the address you provided. This is your first order with us.
Old 23 September 2020, 21:03   #9
outlawal2

Gotta love the internet... ANYONE ANYWHERE can say anything they want with zero proof and cause all kinds of issues for companies and individuals alike and no repercussions.

AMIGAKIT has ALWAYS been above board and these BS threads get real old.

I just waited 2 months to receive a shipment from Germany, and with Covid that is just how it is these days.

Stop blaming the vendor for this crap and most of all stop spreading CRAP about legitimate businesses trying to support Amigaland. They are few and far between and deserve to be shown at the least some respect.

Damned good thing I am not the moderator of this site as I would ban your @ss for making such fraudulent statements
Old 23 September 2020, 21:55   #10
stevelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawal2 View Post
Gotta love the internet... ANYONE ANYWHERE can say anything they want with zero proof and cause all kinds of issues for companies and individuals alike and no repercussions.

It's part of the Amiga curse. I've had serious problems with almost every supplier except Amigastore.eu. I'm sure it'll happen at some point, it just hasn't yet. This whole thread is very unfair to AmigaKit. I've had my problems in the past but they're not at fault here.
Old 23 September 2020, 21:58   #11
outlawal2

Been a customer of Amigakit for 10 years plus. Always received what I ordered with no issues. Only thing I might say is they do tend to get lax on communication at times, but still better than most things Amiga!

(Still hoping for some info on the Tabor Early Adopter boards?) Any information would be nice!
Old 23 September 2020, 22:09   #12
jcgeuze

looks like amigakit just does not want to take responsibility and just play the blame game. I'll never buy from them again and people need to know that buying from them is Russian roulette and their support is horrible.
Old 23 September 2020, 22:12   #13
jotd
This cat is no more

I received what I ordered and got a refund on unavailable hardware. It took me 18 months and a few e-mails but I wasn't ripped off.

Problem is when you order several products and one is out of stock, the seller usually waits for the missing product to ship the full order (also to reduce shipping costs). When the missing product takes months to arrive, communication problems arise.
Old 23 September 2020, 22:17   #14
amigakit.com

@jcgeuze

Well we can resend the items once again- however we would ask you to pay for the trackable shipping charge that you didn't pay originally. This will ensure the package can be monitored when it arrives in Mexico. We cannot keep sending our stock into a black hole.
Old 23 September 2020, 22:20   #15
outlawal2

Quote:
looks like amigakit just does not want to take responsibility and just play the blame game. I'll never buy from them again and people need to know that buying from them is Russian roulette and their support is horrible.
No, you misstated the entire event and exaggerated what happened and they refuted this with real facts and then backed them up.

Now you are the one with zero credibility.
Old 23 September 2020, 22:22   #16
jcgeuze

That is a solution I can accept. Please contact me by email.
Old 23 September 2020, 22:45   #17
amigakit.com

We already have earlier on, please reply to this email.
Old 23 September 2020, 22:54   #18
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Quote:
looks like amigakit just does not want to take responsibility
Says the person who specifically asked for untrackable shipping
Old 24 September 2020, 01:05   #19
Dragster
Amiga rulez!

Geez.. what a mess... I've ordered a lot of stuff from AK in the past and it only happened once that some amiga future magazine never made it here... not worth the complain though. Anyway, it's absolutely recommended to pay for tracked shipping... as neither AK or the buyer are responsible for lost packages under such circumstances.

Cheers,
D.
Old 24 September 2020, 01:08   #20
Dragster
Amiga rulez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
So, care to point out where the £150 worth of stuff you ordered?

If you're going to critique the honesty of others, it is ESSENTIAL that yours not be questionable at the same time.
Absolutely right!