English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 18 September 2022, 20:19   #1
crobin

cybergraphics.library

Hello
This is my first post here so bare with me pls.
i'm trying to connect my 1200/blizzard 1260 to the internet. 3.1.4 os with better WB and Roadshow/Roadie with plipbox.
not getting any where trouble sorting addresses so i am running snoopdos to find out where things are going amiss. Getting reports of cybergraphics.library
in ramlib fails and tooltypes on Roadie fails. are they connected.
I have no graphic card so why is the amiga looking for this library.
Old 18 September 2022, 20:26   #2
Thomas Richter

If you have no graphics card, what use is cybergraphics? Besides, Cybergraphics is a dead project which is no longer developed. If you are looking for RTG graphics, I suggest to get P96 which includes an emulation of cybergraphics.
Old 18 September 2022, 20:29   #3
waldheimer

Hi crobin

did you start ibrwose at the same time or is it running in the background. that would explain the access to the cybergfx.lib (PNG encoder)
cheers w.
Old 18 September 2022, 20:54   #4
No.3

It is quite "common" that "a lot of" software is looking for cybergraphics.library. So far I never investigated why and if there is a system e.g. all the affected programs open a special library and this library looks for cybergraphics.library.

To make a long story short, for sure your problems (by the way, what is actually the problem you are trying to solve ??) are not because of the cybergraphics.library.

Beside OS 3.2 and no BetterWB I have a similar system and also use Roadshow/Roadie and have "a lot of" programs which are looking for cybergraphics.library and fail to do so but everything runs fine.
Old 18 September 2022, 21:43   #5
crobin

i think that it is to do with new mode or windowtiler as when i disable them in excange at start up that fail is not reported.What im trying to do is get online. but i think i have messed up the addresses in roadshow sorry to have wasted your time
Old 19 September 2022, 09:32   #6
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobin View Post
I have no graphic card so why is the amiga looking for this library.
Not every fail in SnoopDOS is an error. If a library fails to open it does not mean the program needs it. It only means that the program could utilise it if it was there.

There is no other way to find out if a graphics card is available than to open the RTG API library. If the lib cannot be opened, there is no gfx card. That's all.

Same with tooltypes. A missing tooltype will just get it's default value. There is no other way to find out whether a tooltype is present than to search for it.
Old 19 September 2022, 11:32   #7
Thomas Richter

Small addition/correction: You can open P96 aka rtg.library on a non-RTG setup, and it is potentially useful as it allows to blit from fast memory and hence reduce chip memory usage.

But otherwise (the other) Thomas is right on this: Failing to open cybergraphics is not necessarily an indication of error. It may indicate that chunky pixel formats are not supported, but if you are working on native graphics only, that is not a loss as native video only supports planar.
Old 19 September 2022, 14:35   #8
crobin

Thank you both for your answers it is very welcome now just got to sort out the addresses
yes i might look at P96 been following the discusion on here about the native screen modes.
Old 20 September 2022, 12:58   #9
Snoopy1234

A few demos required cybergraphics.library that were on my A1200 and I looked high and low but couldn't source it. I tried P96 at the time but that didn't seem to work out. I finally found a CD on ebay and the final update on Aminet. The Update requires the commercial Cybergraphics 4 CD-Rom and installs a new v42.5 cybergraphics.library which is patched over the v4 version. The demos I wanted to run required the latest version.

Last edited by Snoopy1234; 20 September 2022 at 13:51.