English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 28 July 2002, 20:26   #1
Syxta

Searching for original KNIGHTS OF LEGEND from Origin

It's MY quest for the Holy Grail to find this damn game...please, if anyone has a clue where to find this game - LET ME KNOW !!!

Old 28 July 2002, 20:47   #2
jmmijo

I vagely remember this title, was it along the lines of Times of Lore, like after it?

Seem to recall it for the C64 and some other 8-bits back in the day, perhaps it made it for the PC, just been awhile

I'm sure you have tried google then?!?

EDIT: I remember it now, check out the front cover art

Found a bunch of cheats and hints for the game. Seems Mobygames only shows it being for MS-DOS, nope I now remember this for the C64 as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	knights of legend - origin.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	3140  
Old 28 July 2002, 23:26   #3
Syxta

www.thelegacy.de says it's been released for Amiga, Atari ST, C64/128 and MS-DOS/PC, and I'm only interested in the Amiga version.

So, if anyone has the complete original, I'd pay lots of $$$ to get my dirty hands on it!

Here is some more info:
http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/game.php3?game_id=4692

Old 29 July 2002, 22:32   #4
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

I think this was discussed somewhere some time ago, and people were rather sure that an Amiga version of this game never existed !
If you want to be sure then the best way to find out is to ask in comp.sys.amiga.games newsgroup, where some Amiga programmers are around. But don't aks for ADFs or copies there, because this group consists of 'original hardliners'

The Legacy's information isn't 100% sure. A while ago they even wrote that Might'n Magic I, IV and V appeared on the Amiga, which was only a rumour. I think they have their infos from old mags and so on, but even mags wrote some bullshit from time to time.
Old 29 July 2002, 23:08   #5
Syxta

How can I get access to this newsgroup?
I'm not used to that kinda stuff...

Old 29 July 2002, 23:20   #6
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by Syxta
How can I get access to this newsgroup?
I'm not used to that kinda stuff...
Well you need to verify that your ISP has a news server and get the logon info from them, you need to know what the name of the server is, i.e., news.isp.com or whatever they have named it and if you have to use your logon username and password, like for email, is required or not, some do and some do not!

Then you need to configure your news app, i.e., Outlook Express, Xnews, Agent, etc... for these settings then you can download all the groups the server has cached on it and subscribe to the ones you want to view, like *amiga groups for instance