English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 June 2022, 17:39   #1
Graham Humphrey

The 12-Hour Terrible Amiga Games Marathon fundraising stream - 26th June 2022

On Sunday 26th June, I am streaming for 12 hours (10am-10pm BST), during which time I will be playing nothing but truly terrible Amiga games, chosen by the viewers. This is in aid of Safe In Our World, a charity supporting mental health awareness within the video games industry and community.

For every £5 donated, you can choose a game for me to play on my Amiga 1200 for 15 minutes (the timer only commencing when gameplay does - if 'gameplay' isn't too strong a word in this instance). You can always pick a game on behalf of someone else, or co-ordinate your choices with others - it's up to you! I have to play the game for that length of time, no matter how awful the experience - as I have learned from my many viewer request streams, there is something grimly fascinating about watching someone play a game that's genuinely totally abominable.

Here's my donation page - any donation is appreciated, or alternatively any signal-boosting, sharing, promoting etc that is given to help its profile is hugely helpful also, thank you! https://tiltify.com/@nag-graham/the-...games-marathon

My Twitch channel is here: https://twitch.tv/NAG_Graham

There are a few rules in place with regards to game choices:

1) Commercially-released games only (it's far more entertaining experiencing games in the context of costing actual money in an actual shop as opposed to a 12-year-old in his bedroom cobbling together a sub-par Breakout clone in AMOS).

2) Please ensure your games are within Twitch's terms of service (I'd rather not get myself a ban).

3) It needs to have a WHDLoad install, or at least compatible 'natively' from hard drive on my 060-equipped A1200. If a game still doesn't run you're free to make another choice.

Thanks in advance for any support
Old 27 June 2022, 05:28   #2
ImmortalA1000

Odd that YT didn't show me this, then again that's the same reason my live video yesterday (7.5 hours of all sorts of Amiga games on my A1000) is the last thing I will do for YT.

Hope it went well for you.
Old 27 June 2022, 10:55   #3
jotd
This cat is no more

Okay but I'm concerned about YOUR mental health after playing hours of crap games.
Old 27 June 2022, 13:58   #4
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

playing crap games for the purpose of collectively shitting on them in a livestream is not the same as subjecting yourself to bad games in a private setting though

I'm doing that while I'm replaying literally everything I know and don't know on the A500 mini. I'm really giving the games a fair go to try and get at least somewhat decent at them before dropping the axe. If I had hair to begin with, it might have fallen out by now.
Old 30 June 2022, 02:59   #5
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Okay but I'm concerned about YOUR mental health after playing hours of crap games.
lol I played 14 years worth of crap games on my youtube channel and....oh wait I see what you mean
Old 03 July 2022, 01:19   #6
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
Odd that YT didn't show me this, then again that's the same reason my live video yesterday (7.5 hours of all sorts of Amiga games on my A1000) is the last thing I will do for YT.

Hope it went well for you.

Thanks. It was actually on Twitch rather than YouTube. It went really well and for me it is a definite highlight of my streaming 'career' (for want of a considerably better word) so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post

Some of it was a bit of a slog but the whole experience was brilliant, fun and rewarding - it was well worth it.

Thanks to the generosity of my viewers (plus a few others) we raised £442.69 for Safe In Our World which really smashed my expectations out of the park. Amazing work from everyone!

The whole thing can still be watched on my channel linked in the first post (best to dip in and out to find out what horrors lurked within... oh, and R-Type but hey, that's what was requested, so...), and indeed the donation page is still open for now...
Old 04 July 2022, 15:26   #7
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

That answers a question I had, I was wondering that if someone proposed a (good) classic that you would play it anyway