English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 04 May 2008, 19:21   #41
mailman
Zone Friend

I would be interested in Chaos Engine 3 but I am just a player. I cannot help you in development process.

Regarding Chaos Engine 2, in my opinion it was not so bad and even equal to the first part. It was just different. Much different and many players could not stand this just because they were expecting something similar to the first part.
Old 04 May 2008, 19:28   #42
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

@Dianetix
I would be very interested in Choas Engine 3!
The first parts (yes both ) were fun to play and are on my top cooperative games list.
It would be great to have a (yet different) sequel so many years later.
Old 04 May 2008, 20:30   #43
jotd
This cat is no more

I'd like to see devnotes. But don't expect a Bros game from it !

About remaking Chaos Engine, that's not for now anyway since I've started work on Magic Pockets
Old 04 May 2008, 21:29   #44
frikilokooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianetix View Post

So…. Anyone interested in having a go at chaos engine 3?

Let me know.
Of course,create the sequel

perhaps you can create a new thread,requesting help in the development or do you think to make it only yourself?
Old 04 May 2008, 23:42   #45
Dianetix
Organized Chaos

@ Mailman:
I would be interested in Chaos Engine 3 but I am just a player. I cannot help you in development process.

Ok, but you could be one of the testers for the game.

@ Jotd:
I'd like to see devnotes. But don't expect a Bros game from it !

I will post on a new thread all the notes etc, but just to clear this up. Im not saying that the BB's will be helping or anything like that. However I will get their permission over the sequel and I will look at getting new media for the sequel, plus I will try and get a posting on their website over the game.

Obviously its not going to be a full commercial release! Lol…. But we should be able to put a great game together which can be sent out as freeware.

@ TheCyberDruid:

I would be very interested in Choas Engine 3! It would be great to have a (yet different) sequel so many years later.

Totally agree with you on that one m8. And I for one will do my best to make that happen.

@ frikilokooo:

perhaps you can create a new thread,requesting help in the development or do you think to make it only yourself?

No, Im offering to set it up and with help from the community to get the job done. I have work on at the moment and this would be a project for everyone to do, not just me.

However, I will post tomorrow on a new thread what we have, whats needed and then its up to everyone whos interested to start bringing it together.
Old 27 September 2008, 01:03   #46
sharprm

Hi,

Sorry if this is thread hijacking. Does anyone have the sprite rips for:

thug, navie, priest and gentleman?

Not the AGA version, the version before that with the nicer looking pallete.

I can't find them on the temporary archive.

edit: the thug and gentlemen for AGA are there, maybe with some work I can use a screenshots pallete from the other version. But still need the priest and navie. If you've got the OCS(?) for gentleman and thug i'd appreciate posting it anyway. Please excuse my laziness.

edit2: So I don't sound like a lazy kid I'll post what my idea is: remake chaos engine gameplay with similar graphics style but new graphics (so no copyright infringement can shut it down).

I sure would appreciate the OCS character sprite sheets for thug, navie, priest and gentlemen. Someone must have them on their hardrives!

Last edited by sharprm; 28 September 2008 at 02:43.
Old 28 September 2008, 07:58   #47
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharprm View Post
Hi,

Sorry if this is thread hijacking. Does anyone have the sprite rips for:

thug, navie, priest and gentleman?

Not the AGA version, the version before that with the nicer looking pallete.

I can't find them on the temporary archive.

edit: the thug and gentlemen for AGA are there, maybe with some work I can use a screenshots pallete from the other version. But still need the priest and navie. If you've got the OCS(?) for gentleman and thug i'd appreciate posting it anyway. Please excuse my laziness.

edit2: So I don't sound like a lazy kid I'll post what my idea is: remake chaos engine gameplay with similar graphics style but new graphics (so no copyright infringement can shut it down).

I sure would appreciate the OCS character sprite sheets for thug, navie, priest and gentlemen. Someone must have them on their hardrives!
You can rip the OCS sprites with gfxrip.

I'd also like a remake of CE with similar gameplay and ... similar/enhanced graphics from rips.
I don't think there's a real copyright infringement risk as long as you don't go mobile (I had no trouble with Gods for instance)
Old 28 September 2008, 09:42   #48
sharprm

Its possible to use gfxrip. Thats why i say I only need the other four characters. The save state provided (with rip settings given) only has two characters - mercenary and brigand. When I use a different save state with different characters the characters aren't at the same position. I had a shot at trawling through it but can't find them. So thats why I'm asking nicely if anyone has the sprite sheets can they post them.

I guessed there was a copyright risk since the people working on CE3 (on this forum) were asked to stop.
Old 28 September 2008, 10:32   #49
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharprm View Post
I guessed there was a copyright risk since the people working on CE3 (on this forum) were asked to stop.
I think we were asked to stop because we used the same name and wanted to make a 3D game. Let's hope that means that there will be a official CE3 someday
A remake with the old graphics and for free shouldn't be a problem like jotd said. Best of luck for finding the sprites and making the game
Old 28 September 2008, 16:04   #50
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

so basically the name was the only problem? That could have easily been changed, couldn't it
Old 28 September 2008, 16:14   #51
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
so basically the name was the only problem? That could have easily been changed, couldn't it
Honestly I haven't really figured out what was going on, because a lot of things where discussed in PM's as it seems and I haven't seen them. Have a look here gimbal for what was going on (if you haven't already) : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...+Engine&page=2
Soon after bippy closed the thread Dianetix stopped the project and I must say that some things about the 'progress' of the work were a bit strange. Anyway it's over now, but maybe there will be another project (which is confirmed by the BB before the work starts ).
Old 28 September 2008, 16:41   #52
Selur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Yes I'm also wondering what's the point.
For me this all thread about "Chaos Engine 3" is some kind of bullshit.

So I don't see any problem to change the name of project to for example "Dark Engine", modyfiy existing gfx and continue project. If anyone ask what was the idea of this project jusk tell " I wanted to write 3d action game". Almost all new commercial games develope by corporations are based on existing and past games (if you are thinking they are not, just tell me why 90% core of games are exactly the same, they have only other textures and sound, but mostly they use even the same engine if they have enought money to bought it)

So what's the problem ?
One thing you need to do is steal those ideas smart like they do
- they never ever use the name of any existing game
- they do not tell anyone that they work is based on any commercial game.

You think that any past amiga developers cares about future of classic amiga ? They don't give a shit! So you need to be smart and think...
Old 28 September 2008, 19:47   #53
mailman
Zone Friend

If I were you, I'd mind my tongue...
Old 28 September 2008, 19:54   #54
Selur

...but you are not me and you are not moderator of this forum, so go back to PPA and continue yours "holy crusade" on your enemies
Old 28 September 2008, 22:42   #55
BippyM
Global Moderator

I am not you but I am a mod and in child accessible area's can you watch your tongue.. Not that it is a huge issue for me.. but well... you know

Cheers bud and good luck with this project
Old 28 September 2008, 23:53   #56
Selur

To clarify some things:
I'm not anyone who is/was involved in "Chaos Engine 3".
I don't know who start this project and who close this project and who was working on it.
And honestly even I don't want to be involved projects like this ever.....

I only described what I see and like xxx I'm wondering... WTF?!?

( and about my answer to mailman - well our private war started months ago in other forum but let it be private. He was rude answering me so I'm rude answering him)

that's all in this thread

Last edited by Selur; 29 September 2008 at 01:06.
Old 29 September 2008, 00:55   #57
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
I don't know who start this project and who close this project and who was working on it.
Yet you question these very people you know nothing about, plus you rant about the project while saying yourself that you don't know anything about it. Do you consider that a smart thing to do, or the product of deep thought that you seem to demand from other people?
Old 29 September 2008, 01:09   #58
Selur

"Do you consider that a smart thing to do, or the product of deep thought that you seem to demand from other people?"

sorry... now my english is poor and I didn't understand what you mean.
Old 29 September 2008, 01:53   #59
sharprm

Stop hijacking this already hijacked thread >: |

Only kidding.

Hey guys, I'm a goose. I've just looked at the save state provided and you can see the guys SO easily. When I looked at my savestates its all fuzz - i searched pretty carefully. Thats why i thought this was an artform and you guys could kinda read the matrix like in that movie the matrix.

So I'm going to read some tutorials and try to find out what im doing wrong with the savestates. ie. I will do it myself.

Back to the matter at hand, um... they should have called it the "Coca-Cola Engine". That would stop copyright issues. And there would be this giant t-rex drinking a fizzy drink. I can see it all now. "The Navie - he prefers Pepsi but his special powers are very destructive". "Priest - beware his perverse nature - he likes Dr. Pepper!"
Old 29 September 2008, 02:21   #60
maVado

Please provide a savestate with the characters you want and I see what I can do.