English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 22 September 2022, 03:39   #1
DrkStarr

Dynatech - 30th Anniversary Edition

I recently download this game and I'm loving it. I read through the manual and figured out how to play the game. It's really fun.

What I'm wondering is, what controls the minimum amount to ship? When the game starts the minimum that you can ship is around 10k, but it increase over time. What controls this? And is there a way around it? I want to be able to ship 20k of something, not forced to ship 40k.

I've also seen Fines come up in the game. Does anybody know how you encounter these. Sometimes I get fined, and it's just not clear as to why.

Like I said, this game is a blast, you just have to sit down with the manual and follow it for a bit. It's really worth the time.
Old 22 September 2022, 15:37   #2
epithetic

Glad you're enjoying it

The minimum order quantity going up over time is basically a roundabout way of preventing stagnation (especially of AI corps); players are forced to expand or fail. There's no way around it other than taking it into account when planning your supply chain. It's not much of an inconvenience in the late game where most of the money is in maxed out end product demand from Terra.

The two main types of fines in the game are late fees and breach of contract penalties. The former is what happens if you accept a demand or transport order and let the time limit run out, fines will start racking up (periodically deducted from your account). You get the latter when you cancel a contract you've signed from the accepted orders page.
Old 23 September 2022, 02:31   #3
DrkStarr

Thanks for the info. With the ramping up of shipments, it seems hard to spread out and do a lot of different industries. I'm going deep into Oil/Plastics Plant/Textile Mill, and in this playthrough I'm up to 40k shipments right now. I can't build fast enough to keep the Mill's input full, and I know it's headed to 80k. I also have more money that I know what to do with.

It's cool seeing this type of game and I'm glad you put it together. Thanks for all the work.
Old 23 September 2022, 04:07   #4
epithetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkStarr View Post
Thanks for the info. With the ramping up of shipments, it seems hard to spread out and do a lot of different industries. I'm going deep into Oil/Plastics Plant/Textile Mill, and in this playthrough I'm up to 40k shipments right now. I can't build fast enough to keep the Mill's input full, and I know it's headed to 80k. I also have more money that I know what to do with.
If you have spare money and it isn't profitable to just upscale your own supply, you can always check the economy stats to see if anyone else is producing fabrics - don't be afraid to make use of external demand orders where convenient. Fuel in particular can be a bottleneck if you're trying to be self-sufficient considering just how little you get out of each refinery.

As for ways to spend your money, spreading out into other industries is generally a very good way of doing so. You can browse through the markets info tab in the city screen to quickly see what's in demand (or just manually keep an eye on which demand orders pop up a lot).