English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 June 2009, 23:11   #21
McDuck

hi,

hmm Attach the crash dump file < where can i find it ?????????
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (1.2 KB, 214 views)
Old 03 June 2009, 23:18   #22
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
hi,

hmm Attach the crash dump file < where can i find it ?????????
In the folder where the WinUAE exe is with a '.dmp' extension.
Old 04 June 2009, 00:53   #23
McDuck

nope sry nothing there. but maybe crashes was the wrong word before. winuae just quits, maybe that describes it better.
Old 04 June 2009, 09:00   #24
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
nope sry nothing there. but maybe crashes was the wrong word before. winuae just quits, maybe that describes it better.
Even in windowed mode? No errors, nothing at all?

Try using -log -logflush command line parameters ("winuae.exe -log -logflush"). Log should be more complete this way.
Old 04 June 2009, 10:44   #25
McDuck

jup nothing its like hitting the quit button. but it quits a little slower and down on the right in the taskbar stays the winuae symbole and wenn i go down with the mouse it disappears. i opend the task-manager and looked at the prozesse if it is still working in the background but it isnt it just stops. as soon as i hit the start button.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.9 KB, 270 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (1.3 KB, 216 views)
Old 04 June 2009, 17:00   #26
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
jup nothing its like hitting the quit button. but it quits a little slower and down on the right in the taskbar stays the winuae symbole and wenn i go down with the mouse it disappears. i opend the task-manager and looked at the prozesse if it is still working in the background but it isnt it just stops. as soon as i hit the start button.
does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip still crash? and if it does, attach -logflush log again please.
Old 05 June 2009, 00:39   #27
McDuck

i started winaue looked at the quickstart option a 1200 was selected. look at the rom path with was okay and pushed start. it didnt stop running it came you need a floppy disk. in df0...............which is wiered becouse i have that rom. i push okay it went back to the gui. i rescanned the roms everything okay. all roms there. i push start in comes again i need a floppy disk in df0 to use the system rom replacement. i changed to a 500 pushed start and it just quits like before ?? no crash nothing just quits. started winuae again selected a 1200 pushed start and it just stops.
i just dont understand why this beta dosent work all other betas i downloaded so far worked.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (11.0 KB, 229 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (1.3 KB, 228 views)
Old 05 June 2009, 00:58   #28
Marcuz

try this workaround: in the ROM panel click on the icon next to the drop down menu for the roms, and when the requester appears, choose manually the kickstart you want to use.
you need to save the configuration if you want to use it again.
Old 05 June 2009, 08:56   #29
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
i started winaue looked at the quickstart option a 1200 was selected. look at the rom path with was okay and pushed start. it didnt stop running it came you need a floppy disk. in df0...............which is wiered becouse i have that rom. i push okay it went back to the gui. i rescanned the roms everything okay. all roms there. i push start in comes again i need a floppy disk in df0 to use the system rom replacement. i changed to a 500 pushed start and it just quits like before ?? no crash nothing just quits. started winuae again selected a 1200 pushed start and it just stops.
i just dont understand why this beta dosent work all other betas i downloaded so far worked.
I don't understand it either because it works fine here and there has not been any rom-related changes..

Perhaps it is some specific rom that causes this issue.. Try clearing your rom directory and only leave normal ks 1.3 rom and testing again.
Old 05 June 2009, 17:36   #30
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip updated. Another -logflush log please.
Old 05 June 2009, 18:39   #31
Marcuz

winuae still quits when pressing start button (paths are correct, "start in quickstart mode" on, quickstart mode, choose whatever rom from the drop down menu, press start ---> quits)
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (1.7 KB, 208 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (13.8 KB, 267 views)
Old 05 June 2009, 19:50   #32
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Problem found (supposedly "unrelated" uaeunp file handling update). Only (?) happens when loading zipped cloanto roms.
Old 05 June 2009, 20:36   #33
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip should fix the problem (brown paper bag quality bug), please confirm.
Old 06 June 2009, 00:12   #34
McDuck

jup works. thanks tony your are the best there is and there ever will be
Old 06 June 2009, 13:15   #35
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1610b2.zip

Beta 2:

- fs "double vsync" mode (100Hz+) was still slow in warp mode (note D3D mode will stay "slow" because afaik it is not possible to switch D3D vsync on/off on the fly)
- added warp mode to configuration file (warp=true/false, config file read-only)
- and another read-only configuration entry, "headless" that switches invisible emulation mode (window gets hidden). future feature..
- log window scrollback buffer increased to 900 lines
- command prompt "console wrapper" support (run winuae in command prompt: output goes to command prompt window, does not open separate log window) More information later, not important just yet..
- saving configuration after modifying input-panel autofire setting caused modified input event to be saved incorrectly (old bug)
- display scaling does not anymore change D3D filter scanline scaling
- unicode conversion broke magic mouse
- uaeunp file handling update broke some archive operations (b1)
- loading config from command line with GUI enabled didn't override quickstart (if enabled)
- added "toggle" option to input panel. First button/key press = emulated button is pressed and kept down. Second button/key press = emulated button is released
Old 06 June 2009, 14:26   #36
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
- added "toggle" option to input panel. First button/key press = emulated button is pressed and kept down. Second button/key press = emulated button is released
Thanks for this !
This is a great option - you're really about to make a MESS out of WinUAE!
Ohh...did I say something wrong?

Not really, because MESS stands for Multi Emulation Super System in which this feature was implemented long ago (iirc activated by Scroll Lock key)
Old 09 June 2009, 21:28   #37
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1610b2.zip
- fs "double vsync" mode (100Hz+) was still slow in warp mode (note D3D mode will stay "slow" because afaik it is not possible to switch D3D vsync on/off on the fly)
Warp mode seems to work fine now also in 100Hz. Awesome! Sometimes, the fps on-screen LED shows "C00" or something like that here. It is not a number for sure. Maybe it means "bigger than 999" or maybe it is a bug?
Old 10 June 2009, 15:24   #38
hexaae
Bug hunter

WUAE b2 crashes trying to connect with AmiGift2.0: http://amigift.sourceforge.net/
To reproduce the bug boot from 3.1+ WB and run AmiGift 2.0. Click on the "Connect" button: after a failure error WUAE crashes. I use WUAE's bsdsocket emulation and IBrowse, YAM, AmiNetRadio etc. do work flawlessly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae_161bBeta 2 crash.zip (41.7 KB, 209 views)
File Type: txt Hexaae.uae.txt (30.0 KB, 231 views)
Old 10 June 2009, 16:02   #39
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
WUAE b2 crashes trying to connect with AmiGift2.0: http://amigift.sourceforge.net/
To reproduce the bug boot from 3.1+ WB and run AmiGift 2.0. Click on the "Connect" button: after a failure error WUAE crashes. I use WUAE's bsdsocket emulation and IBrowse, YAM, AmiNetRadio etc. do work flawlessly.
Thanks. Ancient (yet another) bug in win32 bsdsocket...
Old 10 June 2009, 16:46   #40
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1610b3.zip

Beta 3: (almost final 1.6.1)

- added exception handler that writes log message if openal or portaudio device enumeration crashes
- fixed d3d pot/square texture restriction check, only for really old display cards (which may be too slow for d3d filter..)
- bsdsocket cleanup crash fix (ancient win32-specific bug)
- gzip decompression problem (yet another unicode conversion bug), also broke built-in hrtmon (which is gzipped internally)
- reset fpu rounding state to original temporarily when doing filter calculations (single pixel jittering in some filtering modes if Amiga-side code uses FPU and modifies rounding mode)