English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 16 July 2008, 22:13   #1
wizbit

Jack Nicklaus Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf

Hi,

this is my first post here. I've been using various emulators for years, WINUAE being one of my favourites. I have tried to get the above game to work by downloading the adf files from planet emulation but there seems to be a baffling amount of files. I've tried various combinations but get stuck because the main game file asks for the course disk to be inserted into DF0: but none of the course disks I've unzipped seem to be accepted?

Does anyone know which disks will work together?

I have the original game in front of me it's the cheap re-release by The Hit Squad and I loved playing this game. it would be great to get it up and running on WINUAE.

I'd be very grateful for some help please

ps currently enjoying the original Settlers game on WINUAE

Old 16 July 2008, 22:59   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Jack Nicklaus' Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf (1989)(Accolade)[cr VF].zip
Jack Nicklaus' Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf - Course Disk 1 (1989)(Accolade)[data disk].zip

They work fine together, but insert the course disk in df1: otherwise it's diskswapping hell.

edit: oh and there's no need to unzip them..in fact it's better if you don't.
Old 19 July 2008, 18:56   #3
wizbit

Thanks Belgareth. Those work together fine although I think my mistake was not putting both disks into DF0: and DF1: at the same time as you mentioned.

I didn't realise that WINUAE would read zipped files so thanks for that one too.

Have a virtual one at the 19th hole on me

Many thanks!!!