English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 February 2024, 02:27   #481
PARALAX

Send a message via ICQ to PARALAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
you're using emulation so why run the game with the wrong config? this game is intended for a 2MB chip ram Amiga 600 as it says very clearly so you getting problems really is all on you and not a problem with the game or install
I assumed that the game, like most others released after 1992, was compatible and tested with the AGA chipset, especially since 2 MB chip mem is a rather unusual configuration for OCS and ECS Amigas. I will test the game again in the next few days with the recommended configuration, possibly even as a long play for the next livestream.

Last edited by PARALAX; 19 February 2024 at 03:25.
Old 19 February 2024, 13:37   #482
Torti-the-Smurf

@Paralax. Its not really tested for 2 Players. Weird things can happen.
Old 19 February 2024, 14:58   #483
ransom1122

I think were at... Respect the NASH and stop the "can you fix" questions stage.
Old 19 February 2024, 17:22   #484
Bren McGuire

so you didn't read a single word Brick Nash said here nor the text in-game that says "THE GAME WAS DESIGNED SOLELY FOR UNACCELERATED AMIGA 600 SYSTEMS" nor the text file accompanying the game that says "THE GAME WAS DESIGNED SOLELY FOR UNACCELERATED AMIGA 600 SYSTEMS" and then came to ask for fixes great job wow and no that is not a rather unusual configuration basiclly anyone who has an A600 has 2MB chip RAM in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALAX View Post
I assumed that the game, like most others released after 1992, was compatible and tested with the AGA chipset, especially since 2 MB chip mem is a rather unusual configuration for OCS and ECS Amigas. I will test the game again in the next few days with the recommended configuration, possibly even as a long play for the next livestream.
Old 19 February 2024, 18:00   #485
Cris1997XX

Can we just get a normal AGA version instead? Possibly without all these glitches
Old 19 February 2024, 18:06   #486
CCCP alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Even SNES legendary version of Street Fighter 2 features smaller graphics, but noone seemed to care as the original sprites were huge, so reducing them a littlle kept the visuals good enough, and the animation did the rest.
And SNES Mortal Kombat too, according to the guy porting it to the Jaguar the "sprites" were larger on the DOS port or something.

SNES/MD sprites are useful for AGA sprites, 2x 2 pairs = 128 pixel wide column for two fighters, which is perfect. Maybe using all 4 16 colour AGA sprites for a large boss in a scrolling beat 'em up like Renegade style games would be cool but not enough for everything.
Old 19 February 2024, 19:19   #487
PARALAX

Quote:
so you didn't read a single word Brick Nash said here nor the text in-game that says "THE GAME WAS DESIGNED SOLELY FOR UNACCELERATED AMIGA 600 SYSTEMS" nor the text file accompanying the game that says "THE GAME WAS DESIGNED SOLELY FOR UNACCELERATED AMIGA 600 SYSTEMS" and then came to ask for fixes great job wow and no that is not a rather unusual configuration basiclly anyone who has an A600 has 2MB chip RAM in it
I have no idea where you got this information. The Amiga 600 has 1 MB chip RAM as standard. Period! Just read it on Wikipedia. Of course there may also be people who have upgraded it accordingly. But not everyone has such a memory expansion, as it was unnecessary for almost all OCS & ECS games ("The Settlers" was one of the few that benefited from it for in-game music but didn't need it), especially since it was very expensive at the time and the A600 never really established on the market. In my opinion, such a system requirement makes no sense if you want to play the game on the original hardware and at the same time make it accessible to as many Amiga owners as possible (I'm deliberately talking about "players" here, not "users"). Then the game should at least be AGA compatible. I don't question that it works perfectly with the recommended system configuration. That's why I mentioned that I would test it again in the next days. However, other people have already reported technical problems here and I was just providing my feedback. Nothing more or less!

Incidentally, the game was stated here as AGA compatible and I relied on that:

https://www.indieretronews.com/2024/...-enhanced.html

Quote:
ECS or AGA Amiga
2MB of Chip Ram
512KB of Slow or Fast RAM
2-Button Controller

Last edited by PARALAX; 19 February 2024 at 21:00.
Old 20 February 2024, 09:22   #488
BigD

It works fine on THEA500 Mini in 2-player using the WHDLoad installer under AMiNIMiga. We completed it to the end with only minor speed up when no enemies were on the screen. Compatibility seems good despite no testing on anything other than the A600! We also got a crash a couple of stages in when selecting Maki as one of the characters but the original characters were fine!
Old 20 February 2024, 21:57   #489
Dougal

I think it is unfair for anyone to complain about this enhanced version. I run it WhdLoad on my accelerated A1200 and the glitches are very minimal. Speed is fine, sound is fine, controls are fine. I can't see the issue.

If a few glitches bother you nothing is stopping you from playing the original crappy non-enhanced release from 1991. I am sure that in time they will be ironed out. Its fine to point them out but no need to complain.
Old 21 February 2024, 00:17   #490
Bren McGuire

i get this information from your own words pal

let me get this straight you refute actual user experience saying an extra 1MB chip RAM wasn't common (lol)? you know Amigas were not used only for games? i guess no you don't and above all you rather take as true some web site saying the wrong thing than the game author or even the BIG SCREEN SHOWN TO YOU AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME or the INCLUDED text file

i think is best to ignore you from now on i understand here that you don't and maybe never owned an Amiga as you are here linking to Wikipedia instead of using common sense like any other actual Amiga user in these boards and what YOU think makes no sense is actually just some entitled demand from someone who has no idea what they are saying people like you make guys like Brick Nash never want to develop for Amiga

i think is best you remain quiet

Quote:
I have no idea where you got this information. The Amiga 600 has 1 MB chip RAM as standard. Period! Just read it on Wikipedia. Of course there may also be people who have upgraded it accordingly. But not everyone has such a memory expansion, as it was unnecessary for almost all OCS & ECS games ("The Settlers" was one of the few that benefited from it for in-game music but didn't need it), especially since it was very expensive at the time and the A600 never really established on the market. In my opinion, such a system requirement makes no sense if you want to play the game on the original hardware and at the same time make it accessible to as many Amiga owners as possible (I'm deliberately talking about "players" here, not "users"). Then the game should at least be AGA compatible. I don't question that it works perfectly with the recommended system configuration. That's why I mentioned that I would test it again in the next days. However, other people have already reported technical problems here and I was just providing my feedback. Nothing more or less!

Incidentally, the game was stated here as AGA compatible and I relied on that:

https://www.indieretronews.com/2024/...-enhanced.html
Old 21 February 2024, 00:33   #491
PARALAX

Quote:
i get this information from your own words pal

let me get this straight you refute actual user experience saying an extra 1MB chip RAM wasn't common (lol)? you know Amigas were not used only for games? i guess no you don't and above all you rather take as true some web site saying the wrong thing than the game author or even the BIG SCREEN SHOWN TO YOU AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME or the INCLUDED text file

i think is best to ignore you from now on i understand here that you don't and maybe never owned an Amiga as you are here linking to Wikipedia instead of using common sense like any other actual Amiga user in these boards and what YOU think makes no sense is actually just some entitled demand from someone who has no idea what they are saying people like you make guys like Brick Nash never want to develop for Amiga

i think is best you remain quiet

Maybe you'll just read my last post again instead of assuming anything about me. I never said that more than 1 MB chip mem is generally unusual, just that it is not common for OCS and ECS games (and many Amiga owners are primarily gamers). It makes no sense to argue with people like you. I've done this for more than long enough and it will be an honor to add you to my ignore list too. I've owned my first Amiga since 1991 and I won't let anyone accuse me of not having a clue instead of turning on your brain and reading between the lines more carefully. If I want to give feedback, I do so without asking you. There is no need for stupid instructions.

Furthermore, I never claimed that it was a bad conversion - on the contrary! I just pointed out a bug that could occur when using the AGA chipset to aid development. I've been doing this and nothing else for years to actively support the scene.

Last edited by PARALAX; 21 February 2024 at 02:54.
Old 21 February 2024, 03:47   #492
Bren McGuire

seems like you've been wasting your time all along mate you haven't learned a thing clearly at least you do haven't learned how to read text thrown at your face wow what a supporter!

Quote:
I've been doing this and nothing else for years to actively support the scene.
Old 21 February 2024, 04:26   #493
PARALAX

Quote:
seems like you've been wasting your time all along mate you haven't learned a thing clearly at least you do haven't learned how to read text thrown at your face wow what a supporter!
At least I learned how to be respectful to other people online. And no, I didn't waste a second because my report wasn't related to the recommended and unusual system configuration, but to an AGA environment.

Last edited by PARALAX; 21 February 2024 at 04:48.
Old 21 February 2024, 05:50   #494
PatmanQC

With all the whining and complaining I'm surprised any projects are ever released for the fans.
Old 21 February 2024, 07:25   #495
Cris1997XX

Yeah, I can definitely understand why some developers refuse to release their games/programs/whatever for the masses...
Old 21 February 2024, 07:52   #496
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatmanQC View Post
With all the whining and complaining I'm surprised any projects are ever released for the fans.
Seems like a hard concept to grasp that people do this in their free time and not to make a living. I certainly can understand why a good number of projects never get finished.
Old 21 February 2024, 11:02   #497
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Personally I thought Final Fight Enhanced was bloody awesome! Cheers
Old 21 February 2024, 12:20   #498
trixster
Guru Meditating

Agreed, it’s superb. Here’s hoping Bren McGuire and PARALAX knock it off with the bickering before a mod has to step in.
Old 21 February 2024, 14:33   #499
Cris1997XX

It's kinda weird how the mods almost never get involved, anyway
Old 21 February 2024, 15:23   #500
jotd
This cat is no more

yes they do. See that space between my message and yours? it was a now deleted message