English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 29 July 2018, 12:33   #81
MickGyver

I did a small update to the automation process and changed the pdf with instructions accordingly. The pdf (version 1.3) can be downloaded in the original post.
Old 09 February 2019, 11:28   #82
MickGyver

The function list was not working properly. I have updated the function list xml in the documentation (version 1.4). It can be downloaded in the original post.

Now functions, statements, subroutines and newtypes should all be listed in the function list.
Old 08 April 2019, 17:51   #83
Phantasm
Not a Rebel anymore

Amiga E - Notepad++

Sorry to hijack your thread but i thought i'd build something similar for Amiga E since your stuff looked so useful.

Mine doesn't have the shortcut keys for compiling but it does have the syntax highlighting, auto-completion, function lists. This makes Amiga E much easier to read as it can be difficult to follow with all the capitialisation.

Hopefully someone will find this useful
Attached Files
File Type: zip AmigaE-NPP-v1.0.zip (8.7 KB, 246 views)
Old 08 April 2019, 22:29   #84
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Sorry to hijack your thread but i thought i'd build something similar for Amiga E since your stuff looked so useful.

Mine doesn't have the shortcut keys for compiling but it does have the syntax highlighting, auto-completion, function lists. This makes Amiga E much easier to read as it can be difficult to follow with all the capitialisation.

Hopefully someone will find this useful
Nice, it might be possible to use the same method to setup the E IDE to compile. However, I'm unfamiliar with Amiga E and don't know if the IDE has support for AREXX.
Old 08 April 2019, 22:32   #85
Phantasm
Not a Rebel anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
Nice, it might be possible to use the same method to setup the E IDE to compile. However, I'm unfamiliar with Amiga E and don't know if the IDE has support for AREXX.
There's no ide. Just a command line compiler and a gui based debugger.

Sent from my I3213 using Tapatalk
Old 08 April 2019, 23:28   #86
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
There's no ide. Just a command line compiler and a gui based debugger.

Ok, I see, well then it shouldn't be a problem to setup compiling in a similar way.
Old 09 April 2019, 00:59   #87
Phantasm
Not a Rebel anymore

Quote:
Ok, I see, well then it shouldn't be a problem to setup compiling in a similar way.
Thanks. I might really a look at that but the command line to issue could be dependant on the project. For me I'm using make files so I'd need to issue the make command. Another project might just need to issue the command to compile whatever file they were editing if everything was in a single file.

Old 30 September 2019, 13:43   #88
fabbroz

Hi EAB,
i've a little problem.
When i execute my compile.bat from windows, it call the arexx script inside Winuae then execute SuperTed (i've 2.24 already open) but can't reload my script.bb2 so, i can't see (and compile) what i have saved from Notepad++

My script.bb2 is in a folder on my PC like that:

D:\Fabrizio\Blitz2\Work\script_win.bb2

On my Amiga i've:
BLITZ2:Work\script.bb2

What i wrong?
Can you help me?

...and sorry for my english..
Regards,
Fabrizio
Old 10 January 2020, 14:43   #89
jvdw007

Guys, I did this all yesterday and thanks to Daedalus correcting me from missing out the comment on the first line of the Arexx script, all seems to work.

However, as it turns out, both Winuae versions 2.7 and 3.4 work if I disable the TCP://0.0.0.0:1234 serial port, otherwise they hang when enabled (which is obviously needed for NP++ and Winuae to talk).
Any ideas? Should I try another version of Winuae?
Old 10 January 2020, 15:57   #90
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdw007 View Post
Guys, I did this all yesterday and thanks to Daedalus correcting me from missing out the comment on the first line of the Arexx script, all seems to work.

However, as it turns out, both Winuae versions 2.7 and 3.4 work if I disable the TCP://0.0.0.0:1234 serial port, otherwise they hang when enabled (which is obviously needed for NP++ and Winuae to talk).
Any ideas? Should I try another version of Winuae?
Maybe your firewall or something is creating the problem? I remember that I had to allow network traffic for WinUE when enabling the TCP serial port.
Old 10 January 2020, 17:16   #91
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I can't duplicate. Possibly firewall related (perhaps it asks if listening socket is allowed and it is hidden behind winuae window or something..)

Usual steps: check the log. Create dump file when it has hung (task manager -> right click winuae.exe -> create dump file). Make sure to have as minimal as possible config to (especially keep RAM size small) keep the dump file small.
Old 10 January 2020, 21:22   #92
jvdw007

Thanks guys. It was indeed the windows firewall. I disabled it to test and Winuae fired up no problem. I then proceeded to update NP++ with the extra features in your pdf KickGyver and all is working great now!

Finally, I can start learning to make some games with BB2 but in a more modern IDE!
Old 10 January 2020, 21:36   #93
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdw007 View Post
Thanks guys. It was indeed the windows firewall. I disabled it to test and Winuae fired up no problem. I then proceeded to update NP++ with the extra features in your pdf KickGyver and all is working great now!

Finally, I can start learning to make some games with BB2 but in a more modern IDE!
Good! For a smoother dev experience, you could try to set up BB2 for Atom, it has some extra convenience features once setup: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99652
Old 10 January 2020, 22:16   #94
jvdw007

Quote:
Good! For a smoother dev experience, you could try to set up BB2 for Atom, it has some extra convenience features once setup: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99652
Thanks MickGyver, but I've been using NP++ for years, so would prefer to stick with it for now.

Finding a weird issue though. Each time I save and hit Ctrl F5, it loads the file in Ted, compiles and runs. Then when I close it, it does it again. So it loads, compiles and runs twice. Have you seen this happen before?
My script is very basic:
Code:
REM remember to include all files that need converting
ConvertEOL unix "C:\Users\Sensei\Google Drive\Amiga\DevHD\Amigabloids\amigaBloids_win.bb2" "C:\Users\Sensei\Google Drive\Amiga\DevHD\Amigabloids\amigaBloids.bb2"
WinUAEArexx blitzbasic2 1000 "GDH2:Amigabloids/amigaBloids.bb2"
BringToFront "[12--_Devbox.uae] - WinUAE"
And my bb2 file is simply:
Code:
; Version 0.1 of Amigabloids

Nprint "Amigabloids test"
Sorry, an in addition, if I have an include in the source, after the first compile and run, it opens up a file requester asking what file to open..
Old 17 February 2020, 11:20   #95
physcopanda

Hi guys, I'm trying to set up a toolchain here too, however I can't get my TED to work using any AREXX scripts. Inside WinUAE - I've created a blitzbasic.rexx script in S: and I try from shell:

rx blitzbasic2 "PC0:RGCD1/text.bb2"

However it fails on the Address command
address TED_REXX1

With the error:
host environment not found

I've tried another simple rexx script and that works fine so I'm sure it's just choking trying to find TED!

Anyone got any ideas? I've got the TED from the CD version.
Old 18 February 2020, 10:39   #96
physcopanda

OK - I got this working - I had to use a very specific version of TED - think it's version 2.5

However - I've tried in WinUAE and FS-UAE and both seem to become very unstable very quickly, regularly crashing out. Is it possible to see a full WinUAE config from someone who has the working rock solid?

Thanks in advance
Old 19 February 2020, 09:50   #97
physcopanda

I've tried every option I can think of and the best I can get is a toolchain that hard crashes everytime I quit the debugger on crash.

For now, I've ordered a PCMCIA ethernet card for my A1200 and will try to set up a tool chain to a real machine and see if it behaves. It's a shame as emulation would have allowed a mobile dev setup. Wish I could get it to work reliably :-(
Old 19 February 2020, 10:17   #98
physcopanda

I feel like there's nobody else here! Ah well - I downloaded the 32bit version of WinUAE and set it to no CPU acceleration, JIT and 68881 FPU and it now seems to work.

Yet to be seen how stable it is - but hope you have more luck than I did! It's been a few days of ballache!
Old 19 February 2020, 10:42   #99
physcopanda

OK - so I was wrong - it's still 100% flaky - crashes out of the debugger more than it works :-( hope I have more luck on the real hardware...
Old 20 February 2020, 10:16   #100
Havie

I could never get this working but after a bit of trial and error (and lots of help from Mick) I have the Atom editor up and running. It works really well and has more features than Notepad++. You might be better tying this.

Thread here:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99652