English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 30 January 2004, 06:28   #121
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Since I am the most enlightened american, I'll try not to let the devastation show in my countenance.

In any case, Unk, I asked the library I go to about their old timer Performa 700, in the kids section.
They are giving it to me.
Yay, I am now a retro computer owner.
Or will be
Old 30 January 2004, 06:36   #122
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Quote:
Originally posted by Frederic
Since I am the most enlightened american, I'll try not to let the devastation show in my countenance.

In any case, Unk, I asked the library I go to about their old timer Performa 700, in the kids section.
They are giving it to me.
Yay, I am now a retro computer owner.
Or will be
Performa 700? Dont think that model exists. There is a Centris or Quadra 700 but not a performa 700.

Anyway a free 68k mac you dont have to pay shipping for isnt too bad.

Personally I buy the ones I really liked (IIfx, 840av, aws95, 7500, 8500)
Old 30 January 2004, 10:08   #123
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Ok thats what it is, a Quadra.
Man the MAC 68k line was cofusing!
I was hoping to bag a PowerPC, as I can emulate the 68k's pretty nicely.
But beggars cannot be choosers.
Old 30 January 2004, 11:55   #124
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by APFelon
Dying off?

I just got sick of the fighting on this forum. Burseg, Birdie, Ian, Fred, Jambo... I am sick of fighting with every one of you. I never came here to fight. Every one of you wanted to challenge me because of where I live. I shouldn't be called to defend it on a forum dedicated to computer nostalgia.

I am not fighting anymore. I have gone to forums where we actually talk about our passions instead of picking fights. I like being treated with respect. I like being judged by my ideas. I never liked playing rope-a-dope with some goon who wants to take his hatred of America out on me.

Sorry for taking a year to say goodbye Freddie, but farewell. Goodbye. I am not coming back. Ever.

Don't follow me, either "IRREGARDLESS" of your misgivings. You are much too smart for the Internet crowd I run with, and I don't want you to make me look bad. After all, you are the most enlightened American in America.

To the person who e-mailed me about this thread: Don't bother anymore. Not worth my time.

APf
That's why Political and Religious discussions have been banned, since
Old 30 January 2004, 16:02   #125
hal
where am i ?

interesting
Old 30 January 2004, 16:47   #126
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally posted by hal
interesting
not really... i don't remember having start an argument about any thing of that. but who cares? i'm dyin' off...
Old 30 January 2004, 17:41   #127
hal
where am i ?

oh well

you dying off ?
nah

nice to see you around the irc chan

(dunno why i constantly hang there )
Old 31 January 2004, 00:20   #128
Amiga1992

I don't seem to remember the stuff that happened with APFelon, but all this stuff feels like shit to me. Why can't people argue and not feel like leaving forums? Grow up.
Old 31 January 2004, 00:54   #129
Unknown_K

I find it amusing that people think anybody gives a shit if they leave a particular forum. Its like the guy who owns the football getting pissed and taking his ball home when people dont kiss his ass at the game, except here they dont own the football making it even more lame.

There are 100's of forums on the net with millions of people there so no big loss anyway.

I dont have anything against APFelon, but after being here a couple of years he made no impression on me whatsoever. At least Fred with his screwed up posts makes life interesting, I wouldnt miss the posts in and of themselves but this place wouldnt be the same without him either.

I wont go into names but there are probably a dozen or so people that make this place worth coming to on a daily basis. Without those people I wouldnt have a reason to be here anymore, APFelon isnt one of them.
Old 31 January 2004, 01:18   #130
fisken uno
Zone Friend

I dunno if this has got to do with this. But I'm currently spending some time on another board and BOY do I feel free and beloved when I'm over here. Those mods over there are the most fucked up people I ever met, and they are like fascists with the rules. If you post a thread without searching the entire board for a thread that was posted years back, the thread gets locked immediately and you almost get banned. MAN do I love our mods in here!!! Lol. No, fer fucks sake I love you all. Almost.
Old 31 January 2004, 01:29   #131
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Sons of the EAB, of the Amiga, my brothers...

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship... but it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of the EAB comes crashing down... but it is not this day.

This day we fight!

For all that you hold dear on this good board, stand your ground men of the West!
Old 31 January 2004, 02:54   #132
Unknown_K

Quote:
Originally posted by CodyJarrett

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship... but it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of the EAB comes crashing down... but it is not this day.

This day we fight!

For all that you hold dear on this good board, stand your ground men of the West!
You can never have too many lord of the rings references in one lifetime
Old 31 January 2004, 06:14   #133
blackcornflake

Hell no. Nor overtly sarcastic reactive comments. Oh no, that's two in a row now.

Not that I've read any of Tolkien's books, nor watched the film trilogy to any greater extent than catching bits and pieces of the first movie, but I can still appreciate the sentiments contained within said quotes. I'd say the bottom line common to all of them would be: "Don't be a twat. Be a good lad. Or else something cool is going to get fucked up."

A simple axiom. But people forget it, and we get nasty situations as a result. Lack of regard is the start and end of the problem.

Yeah fisken, the mods here are sound. The whole ethos of the place is sound. It's a great board.
Old 31 January 2004, 13:54   #134
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally posted by fisken uno
BOY do I feel free and beloved when I'm over here.
OH BOY i love Fisken
Old 31 January 2004, 14:33   #135
Peanutuk

In order to cut down time spent reading and bandwith perhaps we should just make one word posts in this thread?

I will begin with a memorable quote from Frederic:

"Faggot"

Visit http://www.faggot.org/
Old 31 January 2004, 15:43   #136
P-J

Quote:
Originally posted by Peanutuk
In order to cut down time spent reading and bandwith perhaps we should just make one word posts in this thread?
Or maybe, just maybe, to stop wasting bandwidth why don't you just not post at all?

Why in god's name do you bang on in the moderator forum about Fred posting this message, asking for the thread to be locked/deleted and then you raise it again? I can't believe you're a moderator on these forums. How you slipped through the net I'll never know.
Old 31 January 2004, 15:56   #137
Peanutuk

Quote:
Originally posted by P-J
Or maybe, just maybe, to stop wasting bandwidth why don't you just not post at all?

Why in god's name do you bang on in the moderator forum about Fred posting this message, asking for the thread to be locked/deleted and then you raise it again? I can't believe you're a moderator on these forums. How you slipped through the net I'll never know.
Eh?

I though the link was quite interesting especially in regard to the meaning of the word as a derogatory term.

I also found this helpful definition:

"1.)An extremely hateful term used by the narrow-minded.

2.)A bundle of sticks.

(Get the connection? Back in the day when people were burned at the stake for being homosexual, homosexuals were called "faggots" or bundles of sticks. As to imply that their only purpose on this earth is to be of kindling.)"

Which now makes sense. I always did wonder.

Anyway, chill out P-J
Old 31 January 2004, 16:33   #138
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Big grin

Quote:
Originally posted by CodyJarrett

This day we fight!

*takes a look outside*
Maybe when the weather stops either boiling over 36+ degrees by day & turning into tropical storms by evening every day, Cody!

So, how soon before you can pitch a tent & preorder the extended DVD version,pray tell?
Old 31 January 2004, 17:05   #139
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally posted by 7-Zark-7

*takes a look outside*
Maybe when the weather stops either boiling over 36+ degrees by day & turning into tropical storms by evening every day, Cody!

So, how soon before you can pitch a tent & preorder the extended DVD version,pray tell?
you lucky aussie ...

getting tanned by daytime and having the perfect weather for sex at nighttime. not that i'm running there tough, as i stated i'm dying off. so why to close this thread? moderators are nuts

OH BOY i propose Fisken for moderator
Old 31 January 2004, 17:51   #140
Jambo
Yarr!

Location: n. A place where something is or could be located; a site.
I'm not dead!