English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 09 April 2010, 11:03   #1
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Death or Glory: Der dunkle Kaiser - How to start?

This is the the disk : http://hol.abime.net/5155
I've successfully installed the mission disk, but I can't see a way to start it. The miscshot (http://hol.abime.net/5155/miscshot) shows a instruction booklet, so maybe someone here has that one?
Any info is much appreciated
Old 09 April 2010, 11:06   #2
Retro1234
Phone Homer

What type of game is it?
O Long live uncle Kaiser
Old 09 April 2010, 11:09   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hehe It's a turn based strategy/RPG mix. Like some Japanese titles (Shining Force, Ogre Battle). Quite fun to play, but a bit too much text...
Old 09 April 2010, 11:35   #4
daxb

Maybe you have a look at http://mantis.whdload.de/view.php?id=2001
Old 09 April 2010, 11:39   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks for the info daxb I feared that you might need to complete the main game first. Well, guess I'll report back in a while then

@mai
Missiondisk has a HD installer
Old 09 April 2010, 22:39   #6
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Yep it looks ok -No hacked english versions?
Old 10 April 2010, 00:45   #7
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Hehe It's a turn based strategy/RPG mix. Like some Japanese titles (Shining Force, Ogre Battle). Quite fun to play, but a bit too much text...
It's a shameless Langrisser/Warsong clone, imho the best Fantasty strategy game for the Amiga.
Old 26 January 2011, 10:53   #8
you8mysandwich

Hey there!
Since I was never able to complete this game, cos it crashed at the last level and I never played "Der dunkle Kaiser" I'm offering to all those, who also liked it, but never did it to Chapter / Level 16 to upload the full game which you can just extract at the HD and play it urself.

If anyone could be able to make it:
1. not crash and make me able to finish the game
2. play "der dunkle Kaiser"

I'd really appreciate this.

Anyone interessted in this?
Old 26 January 2011, 11:38   #9
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by you8mysandwich View Post
If anyone could be able to make it:
1. not crash and make me able to finish the game
2. play "der dunkle Kaiser"

I'd really appreciate this.

Anyone interessted in this?

How does it crash? What exactly happens?
Old 26 January 2011, 11:54   #10
you8mysandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by You8mysandwich
As it seems all HD Versions of Death or Glory: Das Erbe von Morgan (The battle of Morgan) [German only] are not working correctly, since you can't finish the last Chapter / Level, it just crashes and you can't play the Addon "Der dunkle Kaiser" with it, since because you need to finish first and then you WOULD be able to play. The original disks (8 disks) I used on my old Amiga 1200 aren't working aswell. You can play without problems till last level and sometime within that level it randomly crashes, theres no way to pass this point. Everything is still there, but your heros are all "E'd" (Exhausted) and you can't do anything, your enemy should actually do something, since you ended the round, but nothing happens. Save / Load works, but doesn't solve the problem in any way.

If you want to finish Death or Glory some time, use the DOS Version, it's full of bugs, but atleast you're able to finish it.
Just some hints about the bugs: You can't heal everyone with Armitas, some Heros / Units just don't get HP back.
Mana-Related Items, except mana-restore, just work in the 1st round, then they lose their effect, but still give you - Attack and - Defense or - HP / per round.

Aswell as some units, like Dragons, cant fly even if they're supposed to (Im aiming to the manual which's saying that)
All this is working with the Amiga Version correctly.
Thats my answer in the bad crack thread, hope it describes it well enough, my english isn't the best.
Old 26 January 2011, 12:26   #11
daxb

I remember the bug (WHDLoad version) that nothing happens after/before? a round. I could finish the last level (16) with saving game after each round. I also used hrtmon to cheat some values. If I remember right the deadlocks appear already some levels before. Not only in the last one. However:
http://mantis.whdload.de//view.php?id=2339
Old 26 January 2011, 12:56   #12
you8mysandwich

Okay, I just end this game. A intro appears and I cant cancel it. At the end it says "The end" and I cant do anything. After relaunching the game I cant play the new missions, even with "Der dunkle Kaiser" ( HD Version ) installed. (missions.dat or something like that is in the DOG directory).

Any solutions?
Old 26 January 2011, 13:16   #13
nsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by you8mysandwich View Post
As it seems all HD Versions of Death or Glory: Das Erbe von Morgan (The battle of Morgan) [German only] are not working correctly, since you can't finish the last Chapter / Level, it just crashes and you can't play the Addon "Der dunkle Kaiser" with it, since because you need to finish first and then you WOULD be able to play. The original disks (8 disks) I used on my old Amiga 1200 aren't working aswell. You can play without problems till last level and sometime within that level it randomly crashes, theres no way to pass this point. Everything is still there, but your heros are all "E'd" (Exhausted) and you can't do anything, your enemy should actually do something, since you ended the round, but nothing happens. Save / Load works, but doesn't solve the problem in any way.
Interesting. I remember completing the game just fine back in the day, HD installed on an A1200. Does this only apply to cracked versions? I don't really see a reason to use a crack since the game only has a couple manual checks.
Old 26 January 2011, 13:45   #14
you8mysandwich

Hey NSD, no real idea why it is working now. Maybe I passed some hidden Round - Limit or something, but I doubt that.

With the cheat I was able to end it quick it round ~20.

But "Der dunkle Kaiser" isn't starting in anyway. Anyone got the solution for that? I used the HD installer for it and nothings happening after the Outtro from "The battle of Morgan"
Old 26 January 2011, 17:20   #15
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I've uploaded the original 3-disk HD version into the Zone, preinstalled. The mission disk is also included. Never tried "Der dunkle Kaiser", because you have to finish the original game first (did this only in 1994/95). Anyway, maybe your old save game works. So you don't have to play it again completely.

btw: the old 7-8 disk version is probably not compatible with the mission disk. You had to sent your old disks to Software 2000 and got then the 3 disk HD version back, which works with the mission disk.

edit: I've played the original 8-disk game 1994/95 and completed it without any error.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 26 January 2011 at 17:34.
Old 04 February 2011, 10:55   #16
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I've uploaded the original 3-disk HD version into the Zone, preinstalled. The mission disk is also included. Never tried "Der dunkle Kaiser", because you have to finish the original game first (did this only in 1994/95). Anyway, maybe your old save game works. So you don't have to play it again completely.

btw: the old 7-8 disk version is probably not compatible with the mission disk. You had to sent your old disks to Software 2000 and got then the 3 disk HD version back, which works with the mission disk.

edit: I've played the original 8-disk game 1994/95 and completed it without any error.
File "O2" from missions disk is corrupted (IPF version too). HD (IPF) version seems to be buggy, due don't works OK on my A2000. I don't think that can be protection problem.
Old 04 February 2011, 11:47   #17
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
File "O2" from missions disk is corrupted (IPF version too). HD (IPF) version seems to be buggy, due don't works OK on my A2000. I don't think that can be protection problem.
What makes you think that file "O2" is corrupted. I have just installed the three disk version plus the mission disk from IPF with no errors. I can't play the game as my German is a bit limited .
Old 04 February 2011, 11:54   #18
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
What makes you think that file "O2" is corrupted. I have just installed the three disk version plus the mission disk from IPF with no errors. I can't play the game as my German is a bit limited .
Depack this PP20 file direct from missions disk via xfddecrunch and check effects or install/depack this file a few times and compare (via CRC) depacked files.
"O2" is perhaps second outro, but perhaps it's possible to restore undamaged version of this file.
Old 04 February 2011, 12:43   #19
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

In my install data/

are not crunched
o1
os1
O2 = 106396

are crunched
bp
fp

from DF0:

o2 packed = 16440

os unpacked = 106396

Last edited by Arnie; 04 February 2011 at 12:55.
Old 06 February 2011, 13:32   #20
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
In my install data/

are not crunched
o1
os1
O2 = 106396

are crunched
bp
fp

from DF0:

o2 packed = 16440

os unpacked = 106396
I checked this file more, and this file is not corrupted, but packed with buggy version of PowerPacker library. This file can be depacked correctly by hand only (depacked version is attached). This is second outro (after 19 mission) file and show "THE END" only.

BTW. If someone can translate to english attached texts (first part only), I will try to make english version of Death or Glory.
Attached Files
File Type: lzx o2.lzx (10.3 KB, 208 views)
File Type: lzx txt.lzx (17.3 KB, 205 views)