English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 04 June 2021, 17:38   #61
Ulysses13

Looking good!

Not sure F11 is a good choice for opening the onscreen keyboard, as on a Mac that's a default system-wide shortcut to show the desktop...
Old 04 June 2021, 17:44   #62
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses13 View Post
Looking good!

Not sure F11 is a good choice for opening the onscreen keyboard, as on a Mac that's a default system-wide shortcut to show the desktop...

macOS and function keys is a mess
- But I'll probably add an Cmd+??? shortcut as well.
- And the on-screen keyboard is of course especially useful with gamepads, where this is not an issue.
Old 04 June 2021, 17:57   #63
Ulysses13

Cool. A CMD+??? shortcut instead would be safer. Must be hard to find keyboard shortcuts which are available across all the different platforms...!
Old 04 June 2021, 18:09   #64
Ulysses13

Would also be lovely to see support for this:

http://amiga.robsmithdev.co.uk

Seeing as it is based around working alongside WinUAE and I'm a Mac user...
Old 04 June 2021, 18:20   #65
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Cool. A CMD+??? shortcut instead would be safer. Must be hard to find keyboard shortcuts which are available across all the different platforms...!
I'm mostly using Alt/Cmd+Letter, so that works well everywhere

Quote:
Would also be lovely to see support for this: http://amiga.robsmithdev.co.uk Seeing as it is based around working alongside WinUAE and I'm a Mac user...
I didn't know about that Interesting, but probably not something I'll have time to prioritize. Maybe in the future, or maybe someone else is interested enough to work on it.
Old 07 June 2021, 21:08   #66
Grottroffe

It's probably me who missed something but I can't seem to get VSync to work properly. It looks as if the timing is a little bit off which results in streaks of distortion on the moving image. I'm using a 1920 x 1080 @ 50 hz resolution on a Nividia card. I have used the same resolution in WinUAE with no issues. I know it's not much to go on but what might be causing this issue?
Old 07 June 2021, 23:54   #67
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grottroffe View Post
It's probably me who missed something but I can't seem to get VSync to work properly.
It's not you, it's me The video_sync option wasn't read properly and so it wasn't enabled at all for you. I'll push out a fix for it tomorrow (in the meantime, using the option vsync=1 should work).
Old 08 June 2021, 00:36   #68
Grottroffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
It's not you, it's me The video_sync option wasn't read properly and so it wasn't enabled at all for you. I'll push out a fix for it tomorrow (in the meantime, using the option vsync=1 should work).
Thanks!
Old 08 June 2021, 21:39   #69
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I've replaced the main downloads in the first post with a links pointing to the most recent FS-UAE Launcher version. Since the Launcher will now prompt to install FS-UAE, CAPSImg and QEMU-UAE if missing on startup, these are not included in the downloaded.

Finally, official macOS ARM64 builds (M1, Apple silicon) are available, something many have asked about. JIT is not available in this build.

I've also added the following information to the first post:

Quote:
The update system installs updates in the FS-UAE/System folder. This includes updates to FS-UAE Launcher itself. So, if you have stored FS-UAE-Launcher somewhere else and launched it from there, it will check if a newer version exists in FS-UAE/System/FS-UAE-Launcher and re-launch the newer version instead. If you want to avoid having both an old and new launcher installed at the same time, you can extract the Windows/Linux version into FS-UAE/System/FS-UAE-Launcher to begin with and launch it from there, or delete the initially downloaded version after an FS-UAE-Launcher update has been installed.

The macOS primary downloads are distributed as .dmg images to make sure that the gatekeeper security system does not quarantine the app. If you wish, you can download the .tar.xz plugin download instead
I have also added an additional Launcher download for macOS 10.9+ (the main macOS download is for 10.13+). The difference is older Python/PyQT versions. But as mentioned,

Quote:
Please note that this "macOS10.9" Launcher will suggest downloading the regular "macOS" updates which requires macOS 10.13+. So if you need to use this version, you must download updates for FS-UAE Launcher manually, at least for now. The other plugins (FS-UAE, QEMU-UAE and CAPSImg) should all work on macOS 10.9+.
@Grottroffe I also uploaded FS-UAE 4.0.35-master with fix for video_sync option. Please let me know if vsync still does not work properly!
Old 09 June 2021, 13:19   #70
Spookyy

The FS-UAE window got stuck in the top left of the screen and i can't move it. How do i reset the FS-UAE window position?
Old 09 June 2021, 18:51   #71
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookyy View Post
The FS-UAE window got stuck in the top left of the screen and i can't move it. How do i reset the FS-UAE window position?

Yes, there was an issue in a specific FS-UAE Launcher version (on Windows) where the window could get stuck. You can edit FS-UAE/Data/Settings.ini and remove the lines containing
launcher_window_x
and
launcher_window_y
Old 09 June 2021, 22:30   #72
Spookyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Yes, there was an issue in a specific FS-UAE Launcher version (on Windows) where the window could get stuck. You can edit FS-UAE/Data/Settings.ini and remove the lines containing
launcher_window_x
and
launcher_window_y
Thanks that fixed my problem!
Old 15 June 2021, 08:13   #73
amigafreak68k

It seems CD ISOs can't be inserted. Had tried to insert a ISO from Media Swap list in FS-UAE but nothing happens. The drive still also empty, if I start with ISO inserted.

With Floppies no problem.
Old 16 June 2021, 01:20   #74
n9yty

I thought i'd give this a spin, but it is cutting off a portion of the Amiga screen. I like the new sidebars, but I can't find a combination of settings that doesn't cover up part of the Amiga display area. I am going to re-read the thread here, hope I just didn't miss something stupid easy.
Old 23 June 2021, 23:48   #75
DaveInFL

Updates are no longer working. I am seeing the following issue:

Getting list of updates...
Error: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='fs-uae.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /launcher/updates.json (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fa26ed87bb0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known'))
Old 24 June 2021, 19:07   #76
qupe

Can you save configs or update existing configs? I can't see a save icon
Old 24 June 2021, 19:09   #77
DaveInFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by qupe View Post
Can you save configs or update existing configs? I can't see a save icon
I couldn't find a save icon either.
Old 28 June 2021, 16:43   #78
Clark Kent

Thank you very much for the new version for 10.9!

I only do not know how to change the default window size.

Edit - small report: JIT still does not work here with a NOMMU processor (emulation immediately quits after launch). And the emulation seems to be a lot slower than with 3.0.5 - heavy frame drops with the same settings as on 3.0.5. No idea why. I have an iMac with an i7/3,5 GHz, FSUAE 3.0.5 runs at full speed at any time.

Last edited by Clark Kent; 29 June 2021 at 21:30.
Old 03 July 2021, 12:37   #79
RetroKing

Hello Frode!

As an hardcore game/rom collector my wishes/suggestions for this future fsuae build:

- A Filter for unavaible entries (version of disk-image/cd) kinda like MAME does it for missing sets.

- A Fork for Retroplay WHD-Load (every time i update a Whd-Set OR Fsuae, it's eather to new or too old. A kind of reminder would be nice.

I hope you ... find that useful!

yours
Retroking
Old 10 July 2021, 14:41   #80
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
My system won't boot with v4.0.36 working vith FS-UAE V3.0.5

logs attached.. i'm pretty sure it's nothing...