English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 27 February 2010, 21:42   #1
eternalcrusader
Zone Fiend

Request: Space Crusade sprites & gfx

I totally love this game, both Amiga and pc-versions. Last summer I had the idea of making Space Crusade TC for Doom II, I already did all the levels with custom textures & flats, things and objectives, only thing this baby lacks is the enemy sprites. Far too much to draw for one man especially if that one man is one who cannot draw properly

I remain sceptical if ripped game graphics would be enough to finish the project (though I grabbed a lot of screenshots in 3D mode and edited them into one enemy so it's definately a lot easier than starting from scratch) but I'd love to have them none the less, who knows, maybe I'll do a 2D tribute game with my sucky pascal skills

ps. I hate it how everybody loves Space Hulk but nobody Space Crusade I spent half my childhood with Space Crusade, still love the in-game music and everything. Sad thing that Barry Leitch hasn't answered my e-mail asking for permission to use the music...

But so, can anyone rip all the gfx from Space Crusade or has somebody done so already ?
Old 27 February 2010, 23:17   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@eternalcrusade

I truly do enjoy Space Crusade! infact I love both games (space crusade and space hulk)

now, I see you dilema in finding sprites, but have you thought abought harvesting them from say the PC/PS1 game - Space Hulk: Vengance of the Blood Angels?
Old 28 February 2010, 23:01   #3
eternalcrusader
Zone Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
now, I see you dilema in finding sprites, but have you thought abought harvesting them from say the PC/PS1 game - Space Hulk: Vengance of the Blood Angels?
That's not a bad idea but hasn't SH:VOTB only genestealers and marines ? If so, then not much to rip there. Space Crusade had soulsuckers, not too dissimilar to genestealers but not the same. Anyway, I already got a decent genestealer spriteset so no need for another (it's the only Warhammer 40,000 enemy I've got so far :/)

Just need ALL the enemies and I suck at ripping anything on any platform

All help appreciated
Old 02 May 2022, 01:20   #4
macce2
Retro maniac

@eternalcrusader

Your idea is fantastic !
It would be super cool to have some kind of Space Crusade
( and maybe Space Hulk one, too !?) remake / tribute game;
especially on Amiga !
So, How is your project today..?!