English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 13 September 2011, 07:15   #1
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

Help installing Classic WB 3.9

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble installing Classic Workbench 3.9. I have already created an OS3.9 HDF with BB's 1 and 2 and everything else required. The problem is that when I load winuae with both HDF's setup up as DH0 and DH1 respectively and start the installation, I get the following errors:
DH1:c/cls: Unkown command
Then I am prompted to press return to install and after I do I get this in exactly this order and location on screen:

EXECUTE: Can't open "DH1:s/Activate"
object not found
Can't find DH1:Fonts
DH1:c/cls: Unknown Command

Installation Complete!

Of course when I try to boot the now SUPPOSEDLY installed Hardfile, it brings up the installation instruction screen telling me to make an HDF in order to use the install and so on...

I know for a fact that DH1:c/cls DH1:Fonts and DH1:s/Activate are in fact in their correct locations and on the hardfile because that was the first thing I checked.

I am kind of stumped on this one so any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 13 September 2011, 12:23   #2
roy bates

hi, shouldent DH0: be the boot partition,or are you trying to do something else.

regards roy.
Old 17 September 2011, 20:16   #3
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

It should, and it is.. But I just figured it. The problem was that the HDF I made consisted of 2 partitions since that was how I formatted my real hard drive. Winuae automatically assigns device volumes from HDFs that contain more than 1 partition, therefore the classic workbench was mounted as DH1_1 because DH1 was already taken through my "work" partition.
So, what I did was change the device name of my work partition to DH2 temporarily through the information option, and then the install could locate the proper files on the classic WB partition now named DH1.
Anyway, thank you for trying to help! I hope this helps anybody else who has a similar problem.
Old 19 September 2011, 11:53   #4
Bloodwych

Thanks for sharing your experience; as you said it may help others.

Glad you got there in the end.