English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 04 September 2002, 17:24   #1
speedo20012001

Unhappy i need to know how to transfer amiga game roms to disk so i can play them on my amiga

please help thank you

Old 04 September 2002, 17:31   #2
Amiga1992

There is no such thing as Amiga game ROMS.
Old 04 September 2002, 18:05   #3
Unregistered

lol the .AGF files then

Old 04 September 2002, 18:11   #4
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
lol the .AGF files then
Er, No. ADF (Amiga Disk Files) an image of a real floppy disk.
Old 04 September 2002, 18:16   #5
Paul
RIP Friends

Have a look at.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3892
Hope it helps.
Old 04 September 2002, 21:55   #6
Djay
95th User

arrrrr, he's a nubie... don't be so harsh...

----
you need a parallel or serial connection...

go here for more info...

http://www.amigatopc.com/
----

shame on you lot... LOL
Old 04 September 2002, 23:27   #7
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

This thread deserves an award for the l-o-n-g-e-s-t title EVER!
Old 04 September 2002, 23:29   #8
Djay
95th User

Quote:
This thread deserves an award for the l-o-n-g-e-s-t title EVER!
LOL, but i think we would stress out RCK if this turned into a challenge!!!
Old 04 September 2002, 23:32   #9
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Awwwww
Old 05 September 2002, 05:46   #10
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodoichi
Old 05 September 2002, 10:47   #11
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Thumbs down Lamers

I have to agree with Kodoichi on this one. How many of these lamers do we have to put up with?

Is there some huge collection of people that:

- cannot read
- ask the same stupid questions each time
- have only found out about emulation sites years after the rest

I'm fed up! Everytime it's some twat demanding romz, how to copy adf's to their Amiga and where to get warez... Yet none of them have the brainpower to read the IMPORTANT - READ ME FIRST sections...

Grrr...
Old 05 September 2002, 14:34   #12
Drake1009

Maybe RCK could implement some cookie thing with the forum so people can't post until they've visited the "important" thread. It would really save a lot of the time. If someone then posts the same question after having been in the thread we all know they're idiots who aren't interested in the answer anyway.
Old 05 September 2002, 20:17   #13
Djay
95th User

i agree nubies should be made to read the IMPORTANT - READ ME FIRST sections...

but some of the more advanced or more unusual questions can be answered here...

i've had so much help from certain members of EAB, i believe that is only fair to pass on the good deed, yes i've asked really dumb questions... but thankly you guys have put it in a understandable way...

although i agree with you guys about nubie's questions, i do tend to take pity and help out anyway, even if i find the question dumb, the more people in the Amiga scene the better and people can learn...
Old 05 September 2002, 20:28   #14
Jim

I don't see why it's bothering you all so much.

After all, you don't have to read every thread. It took you more time to come into this thread and complain that it would have done to mark it as read.

We should encourage as many old-time Amiga users who haven't touched the machine for years (e.g. me) to come back into the Amiga world, and we might not be up to speed on the latest Amiga trends or emulator basics.

Also, I am sure it is an asset to the community having people who have never used an emulator before at least emulating one and having fun on their "Virtual Amiga".

Isn't this what the emu scene is all about ? Having fun and keeping a no-longer-produced machine alive ?

We should not discourage or upset these so-called lamers as they may not bother joining the board. Thus the Amiga loses another potential user, and the chance to make someone else enjoy themselves with it's wonderful capabilities.

Old 05 September 2002, 20:32   #15
Drake1009

Wether it's an interesting question or not, you'd expect people to read the "important" thread first, regardless. It doesn't annoy me that much.
Old 05 September 2002, 20:35   #16
Jim

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake1009
Wether it's an interesting question or not, you'd expect people to read the "important" thread first, regardless. It doesn't annoy me that much.
I confess !

I'm a member of a few boards, some computer-related, some non-computer related.

The first thing I did when I joined these boards was introduce myself.

Then it was probably look at the latest posts and maybe ask a question (which is probably what made me find the board in the 1st place).

Only when I feel like it do I check the so-called "Important Announcement" "Read this first" threads.

I guess I should get a pimpslap or something for that !

Old 05 September 2002, 20:39   #17
Djay
95th User

yeah, i would of thought that a lot of people stumble on forums and ask questions, if they get help... some of them probably become very useful members of the community.
Old 05 September 2002, 21:10   #18
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

When I first showed up here at EAB I was guilty of just posting old questions without reading the FAQ's. Being a relatively new forum user at the time, I suppose I just jumped in both feet first.
I do believe though that some of the members here go out of their way to moan and look down their noses at the less experienced users. I agree with Jim on this...
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim

After all, you don't have to read every thread. It took you more time to come into this thread and complain that it would have done to mark it as read.

While others kindly point them in the right direction or add a link to the FAQ's.

The way I see it is the more people are encouraged to get into the Amiga, then the more widespread the ROMS will become, meaning the Amiga scene will last forever.

Surely a good thing.
Old 05 September 2002, 21:23   #19
Djay
95th User

Quote:
The way I see it is the more people are encouraged to get into the Amiga, then the more widespread the ROMS will become, meaning the Amiga scene will last forever.
exactly
Old 05 September 2002, 22:22   #20
oldpx

Well, one should always at least try to learn the rules of the environment he has entered and behave accordingly. A responsible "netizen" shouldn't write the entire question in the subject and post a no text message, this won't get the question answered this will only litter this board and annoy people.

Some people don't even bother registering and post their e mail addresses so that we can send ROMZ to them. Many members on eab try to be kind and helpful but we demand just one thing in return, the ones who request help should learn the way things are handled here, in short, as an eab member I would hate to be seen as an adf source, we are helping each other just because we like it but we'll reject doing so if someone tries to abuse this. I like my board tidy, and rules aren't here to annoy people, they exist to keep eab this way. I don't feel any desire to drag some moron in front of an Amiga and make him an Amigan, I'm not a missionary or anything. When I was on eab first time, I read just so many posts and posted so less replies that my account got deleted for RCK thought I were just inactive LOL.

Being ignorant doesn't have anything to do with being a newbie or not. Dastardly, don't compare your first days on eab with such people's, you obviously have yourself accepted into this community by being kind and no one looked you down their nose just because you were new. I am not in a position to judge you even positively, sorry for that if I disturbed you.

Last edited by Burseg; 05 September 2002 at 23:08.