English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 July 2016, 22:58   #1
AAB

Help with "directory" virtual hard drives in WinUAE

When I try to create a "directory" virtual hard drive in WinUAE (I set volume name to "Programs" and device name to "DH1" and point to a particular folder on my host computer) and run WinUAE with Workbench 3.1, I am able to access the contents of the folder in the Workbench command line (shell) but NOT with the graphical user interface. Specifically, when I run the shell and type "programs:" and "dir", the contents of the folder in my host hard drive that the virtual drive points to are listed. However, when I double click the "Programs" icon in Workbench, an empty window pops up (i.e., showing no contents).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 01 July 2016, 23:05   #2
-Acid-

Have you got show all files selected from the menu? if not all those files must have icons or they will not be visible on the workbench screen.
Old 02 July 2016, 00:03   #3
AAB

Bingo! Thank you -Acid-!