English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 01 December 2012, 22:37   #41
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Split between game list and game variants are implemented for the upcoming version of FS-UAE Launcher. It now looks like in the attached screenshot. A bit crowded perhaps, so I'm not 100% pleased with it, but it works fine for now

The list variants of are sorted after popularity, with the most popular variants at the top of the list. The launcher also remembers the last variant you selected for each game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic_Ray View Post
Frode, you are one of my heros these days.
Where were you all the last years and when did you start to do things with Amiga?

Btw. I hope you keep the cover flow in an eventually upcoming Amiga Game Center. iTunes 11 removed it.
"All the last years" I made stuff for myself without making it public I thought I was time I actually tried publishing my work. -And I decided to create FS-UAE when I noticed that some games did not work correctly in E-UAE, while they worked perfectly in WinUAE!

And yes, I plan to keep the game center browsing UI as shown in the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	launcher-variants.png
Views:	359
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	33307  
Old 01 December 2012, 22:38   #42
nexusle
Banned

YEAH!!

THIS looks great!
Old 02 December 2012, 12:55   #43
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Version 2.1.9 is now available on http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-devel,
so please test the new game/variant UI split (this is only visible/enabled when using the database feature).
Old 02 December 2012, 14:10   #44
nexusle
Banned

Yes!!

works great, but I think the filter feature is now broken...
Old 02 December 2012, 21:06   #45
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
Yes!!
works great, but I think the filter feature is now broken...
Yes it seems so.. or rather, it has never worked for the (new) game entries -It is fixed for the next development release.
Old 05 December 2012, 20:12   #46
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

The new FS-UAE version 2.1.10 (http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-devel) support HD file lists with (empty) directory entries. Among others, Pinball Fantasies (WHDLoad, AGA) requires this, and the configurations are in the process of being updated. Older versions won't understand these entries, so you should update to 2.1.10!
Old 09 December 2012, 19:23   #47
nexusle
Banned

Even if it is to become the database a bit quieter, it goes on behind the scenes. The base is constantly expanding, and the rules for inclusion in the database are set.

Frode has a very great interest in the success of the database. This proves its permanent control on the recent changes.

At this point would once again like to express my thanks for the great database! Keep it up, Frode!
Old 14 December 2012, 17:43   #48
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yes, it is progressing very well, and nexusle has done a very good job with contributing information, testing, and being generally very supportive Also, lomdav and thevoice have been very active and helpful

The full CD32 TOSEC set has recently been added to the database, and there are a few dozen Amiga games in the beta Amiga game set already.

While there are about two dozen beta testers, a surprisingly high percentage if the users registering via PM have been newly registered users, so I have now clarified on http://fengestad.no/games that an EAB account isn't really needed for registration (I just thought most interested people would already have one ).

FS-UAE 2.1.12 has also been released, mostly relevant for the game database support. It contains a bugfix for a Startup-Sequence problem introduced in 2.1.11 related to the WHDLoad support:
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-devel
Old 16 December 2012, 19:20   #49
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I have started working on integrating the online database and support for FS-UAE in FS Game Center . It now downloads configuration data and images from the database. Attached screenshots shows current status (of the main screen). It also runs the games with FS-UAE, but more work is needed before it can be released.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	game_center_2012_12_16.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	33473  
Old 10 January 2013, 17:16   #50
nexusle
Banned

There is a problem with syncing the ratings from the database to the launcher.

In the database I've marked a game variant as BAD and with 1 star. In Launcher the same variant is marked as OK. Please can you check this?

Last edited by nexusle; 27 January 2013 at 20:08.
Old 10 January 2013, 18:18   #51
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Confirmed bug. Rating "1" always gets displayed as "OK" (it is stored correctly, only displayed wrong). Will be fixed in the next version.
Old 10 January 2013, 21:19   #52
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I have started working on integrating the online database and support for FS-UAE in FS Game Center . It now downloads configuration data and images from the database. Attached screenshots shows current status (of the main screen). It also runs the games with FS-UAE, but more work is needed before it can be released.
Whoa, that looks pretty amazing.
(...though I cringe at the American spelling of centre)
Old 04 February 2013, 13:18   #53
Goingdown

Is there option to force re-download game info from database (mainly Cover and screenshots)? I did configure the game database, and then scanned my whdload games to it. But, then I started FS-uae launcher without internet connection, and clicked some games - and now they do not show screenshots or Covers.
Old 04 February 2013, 13:29   #54
nexusle
Banned

the circular arrow right above in Launcher is the reload button

But I think, you'll need internet connection to load the data everytime

Last edited by prowler; 30 August 2013 at 03:10. Reason: Rewind.
Old 04 February 2013, 13:46   #55
Goingdown

Quote:
the circular arrow right above in Launcher is the reload button

But I think, you'll need internet connection to load the data everytime
That does not seem to work, the screenshots & cover do not load for those games even if I click the "refresh" button. And, I think it caches the pictures somehow, screenshots are showing much faster for the entries I have opened previously.
Old 04 February 2013, 18:30   #56
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

The screenshots and covers are downloaded on demand. The rest of the database is fully downloaded when using the "refresh" button. Downloaded images are cached, and the already downloaded ones should be available also in offline mode.

I can add an option to FS-UAE Launcher to allow downloading images while running the refresh function. Then, all data will be available offline at the cost of longer download time up-front.
Old 07 February 2013, 03:20   #57
bcripon

Game Database questions

Frode,

I know you have set up a Google group for discussion of the game database, but it is simpler for me to ask questions here. Also, those questions are a little more advanced questions on the database than where I am at right now.

Anyway, here are my questions:
1. How can I add a new variant to the game database? I read the documentation, but I could have easily missed what I needed to do. In my example, I have a version of Deluxe Galaga that came on my Amiga Forever DVD. It is an HDF file, but it does not appear to be a WHDLoad file so it is not picked up when I refresh the database.

2. After I do a refresh, usually I lose a game or two in the launcher. The most popular game to disppear is Arkanoid II: Revenge of Doh. If I move my configuration file out of the directory and move it back in and restart FS-UAE Launcher, it appears. I am not sure why that happens.

Bob C
Old 07 February 2013, 14:46   #58
Goingdown

I uploaded some screenshots to Zombie Apocalypse II... unfortunately I messed up a little bit and now there is duplicate screenshots. It seems I cannot remove my own images, so could somebody else do that? Actually the changes are still pending for moderation, so if the moderator could do that.

Thanks. I will be more careful in future, I promise.
Old 07 February 2013, 15:18   #59
nexusle
Banned

Sure. You simply could set nothing behind the screenX_sha1. Example: screen1_sha1 = .. After this, the screenshot is removed from the entry.
BTW: You can use the commenting function of the database
EDIT: I see no duplicates

Last edited by prowler; 30 August 2013 at 03:07. Reason: Rewind.
Old 07 February 2013, 15:25   #60
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingdown View Post
I uploaded some screenshots to Zombie Apocalypse II... unfortunately I messed up a little bit and now there is duplicate screenshots. It seems I cannot remove my own images, so could somebody else do that? Actually the changes are still pending for moderation, so if the moderator could do that.

Thanks. I will be more careful in future, I promise.
No problem, I approved the latest additions. Don't worry about it, the system is designed to handle this. It is also impossible for multiple values to be active for the same key. Only the last approved/added value is current

Also, multiple revisions for keys, and a complete history of all changes are kept, so you don't really need to be afraid of example destroying data.

Quote:
Sure. You simply could set nothing behind the screenX_sha1. Example: screen1_sha1 = .. After this, the screenshot is removed from the entry.
BTW: You can use the commenting function of the database
EDIT: I see no duplicates
No, because I fixed it (also, the point wasn't to remove an approved entry, Goingdown only wanted to mention that he had added multiple (not yet approved) images for the same key (which isn't really a problem).