English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 19 February 2003, 08:52   #1
tomcat666
Retro Freak

The Way of the Hubba (for Galahad...)

Just wondering if there is any progress on fixing "The Way of the Hubba" -> the 4 player IK+ game to work properly (and the WHDLoad version) ??? Its been a long time since I sent the game to some people who said they could fix it.

It would really be a shame if nothing came of it, since the game is really nice and fulll sources and everything was provided by the original author. I could just release the floppy in its current state... but with experties you people have it would prolly take only a few hours to fix it so it works as it should
Old 19 February 2003, 20:55   #2
legionary

Big grin Re: The Way of the Hubba (for Galahad...)

Quote:
Originally posted by tomcat666
Just wondering if there is any progress on fixing "The Way of the Hubba" -> the 4 player IK+ game to work properly (and the WHDLoad version) ??? Its been a long time since I sent the game to some people who said they could fix it.

It would really be a shame if nothing came of it, since the game is really nice and fulll sources and everything was provided by the original author. I could just release the floppy in its current state... but with experties you people have it would prolly take only a few hours to fix it so it works as it should
Send the disk to me. Me or someone in my group (Action) will probably do the job. Just post the disk here or drop it with an email to me.

Old 19 February 2003, 21:52   #3
Amiga1992

I bet Codetapper already has it, Legionary.
Old 19 February 2003, 22:44   #4
legionary

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
I bet Codetapper already has it, Legionary.
Maybe Codetapper has some trouble with it?! I've not done a WHDLoad slave for over 2 years now.

Old 19 February 2003, 22:50   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Hey, Tomcat - can you post the disk anyway so that at least it can be added to the TOSEC queue (after all, there are some people who will NEVER be bothered to learn WHD or WB/AmigaDOS)...
Old 19 February 2003, 23:35   #6
Amiga1992

AFAIK it's no disk, just loose source (or was it a directory you had to copy to your HD?)
Old 20 February 2003, 07:25   #7
tomcat666
Retro Freak

I have both - the original Source and one version on an .ADF disk. The thing is that the original Source has some more features not on the .ADF like Blood (selectable) and some minor fixes. Also the .ADF version is a test version, which means when you beat all 3 opponents the game ENDS (which is pretty quick) - I have hacked that myself so that when you beat an opponent he doesn't dissapear. But the other problem is that when they beat you the computer just takes over your player and continues building scores for you -> so the highscore table (which works) is bogus

I sent the original sources + adf image to Legionary - also Galahad has them and I think Codetapper too...

Since there is a demand for it - I will release the current .ADF version which ends when you beat all 3 opponnets to the Zone. If someone here could add it to the Tosec then PLEASE add that this is a PREVIEW release.

I am uploading now.
Old 13 April 2022, 23:40   #8
MIkehaggar

Hi all,

Sorry to necro post this one, but I was wondering if anybody had a WHD version of this in their collection? I've scoured The Zone and unfortunately the archive folders (so far as I can tell) don't go back as far as '03/'04.

It's been a long time dream of mine to play 3-player matches of IK+, so pretty stoked to stumble across this. Even if it's a clone.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14 April 2022, 07:41   #9
tomcat666
Retro Freak

You can get the ADF here:

http://pc.sux.org/tomcat/TWOTH.zip

Unfortunetly no WHDLoad version yet...
Old 15 April 2022, 02:21   #10
MIkehaggar

Not a worry. Thanks very much for the quick advise. ADF it is!
Old 15 April 2022, 17:42   #11
Crashdisk

As requested 19 years ago, it is added in TOSEC...
Old 16 April 2022, 01:15   #12
MIkehaggar

Oh, so you're saying there IS in fact a WHD version, which was the thrust of my original question? Well, that's spectacular news!

I was actually already well aware of the ADF/TOSEC version, coming into this.

Where would you say is a good place to find the WHD one, Crashdisk?

Or, possibly in a rush to be snide and bust out the emojis, did you just not understand the original assignment. And there still is none?
Old 22 January 2023, 16:36   #13
jotd
This cat is no more

Are you sure there's a whdload version? I got that game sitting on my HD for decades now. I could create a whdload version finally (not sure why I didn't do one). Also got the sources from TC so maybe it could really be improved!