English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 25 June 2013, 21:35   #1
Zak
Zap´em

3Sat early nineties TV project

In early nineties there has been a most interesting TV project on TV channel "3Sat". 3Sat is available in Austria, Switzerland and Germany. My problem is, that I am senile and can´t remember the name.

The project showed video art, digital graphics and such things. Some of it was done using an Amiga, I think it was an Amiga 3000. One episode I remember, a lucky one of the audience could call in and handle a camera with his telephone. The camera was obviously connected to the Amiga and you could see a 16 color greyscale video broadcast it produced whilst floating through the room.

In late nineties when I still remembered the name, I called 3Sat for more information, but they said that it was an independent project, which they didn´t control or record.

Does anyone here know the name of the project and maybe has more information?
Old 10 July 2013, 16:27   #2
Apollo

Maybe it was related to the Documenta? I remember about such experiments on TV during Documenta IX (1992).
Old 10 July 2013, 22:48   #3
Zak
Zap´em

Could be true that it was done because of Documenta. I can´t even remember the exact year, so much time past and I didn´t try to remember on it for a long time. I think I remember the name of the project sounded somewhat latin or italian, but I could be totally wrong on this.
Old 11 July 2013, 02:52   #4
HardStep

Unfortunately I can't help with the subject of the thread. But I recall they were showing Amiga demos during night time on 3Sat running on A4000. Must have been around 1996.
Old 11 July 2013, 17:27   #5
emufan

I googled a bit for documenta ix and amiga and found a [ Show youtube player ]:
Quote:
I was very pleased to see the Amiga computer and the AMOS language being used
maybe this ?

Edit: commodore is listed in the credits in [ Show youtube player ] ( 4:00 ).

Last edited by emufan; 11 July 2013 at 17:47.
Old 11 July 2013, 23:21   #6
Zak
Zap´em

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
I googled a bit for documenta ix and amiga and found a [ Show youtube player ]:
maybe this ?

Edit: commodore is listed in the credits in [ Show youtube player ] ( 4:00 ).
I really think that´s it! So glad thank you! You can here them say in part one that the screen has 32 colors, so they used Amiga quite a bit. You can see the robot camera also in part one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardStep
Unfortunately I can't help with the subject of the thread. But I recall they were showing Amiga demos during night time on 3Sat running on A4000. Must have been around 1996.
Interesting, were they taken from demo scene or produced by 3Sat?
Old 11 July 2013, 23:39   #7
emufan

the "Van Gogh TV" group did also a show at ars electronica in 1990. in [ Show youtube player ] you can read "amiga" at 2:40 in the subtitles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
I really think that´s it! So glad thank you! You can here them say in part one that the screen has 32 colors, so they used Amiga quite a bit. You can see the robot camera also in part one.
in the video I saw a lot of pc-keyboards and a macintosh, but no amiga. a single " commodore" sticker only - the camera part really looks cool - amazing show at all, if one recalls tv in 1990s or today ...

Last edited by emufan; 11 July 2013 at 23:51.
Old 12 July 2013, 14:13   #8
Zak
Zap´em

I am absolutely sure they used Amiga a lot, and I am almost sure it was an A3000, because I have seen an interview / how-to of the project at that time where they were talking about their hardware and that they use the Amiga because of it´s advanced graphic capabilities and you already mentioned an according Amiga comment to the video above.

Last edited by Zak; 12 July 2013 at 14:30.
Old 12 July 2013, 15:48   #9
emufan

so it was another lost chance for commodore to promote the amiga ...