English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 September 2012, 21:34   #1
baz

Amiga Format / Shopper Magazines

Hi,

Just going through my loft and I have found a number of Amiga Format and Amiga Shopper magazines.

Is there any demand / value for these?

Any issues that came with disks will now be without.

Thanks

Old 14 September 2012, 17:25   #2
jamielemon
Zone Friend

I would say not. I put a whole load of Amiga Formats (Issues from 1988 to 1994) on Ebay a couple of years ago when I was moving house, with no reserve. A small number sold for £1 (which only just about covered postage) but most didn't get a single bid. I seem to remember the ones that sold were the bumper Christmas issues and the Annuals/specials. I ended up mailing them out for free to people who bought other mags from me!
No idea about Amiga Shopper but as it was a lot less well liked than AF at the time, I would guess no...
Old 16 September 2012, 03:54   #3
baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamielemon View Post
I would say not. I put a whole load of Amiga Formats (Issues from 1988 to 1994) on Ebay a couple of years ago when I was moving house, with no reserve. A small number sold for £1 (which only just about covered postage) but most didn't get a single bid. I seem to remember the ones that sold were the bumper Christmas issues and the Annuals/specials. I ended up mailing them out for free to people who bought other mags from me!
No idea about Amiga Shopper but as it was a lot less well liked than AF at the time, I would guess no...
Thanks - Appreciate the feedback.

Old 16 September 2012, 13:50   #4
Keir

I'm not far from Bedford (I'm just outside Cambridge) and might be interested in some/all, to scan to PDF. Cheers!
Old 16 September 2012, 19:50   #5
baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffer View Post
I'm not far from Bedford (I'm just outside Cambridge) and might be interested in some/all, to scan to PDF. Cheers!
I have issues 1-7 of Amiga Shopper and issues 3-30 of Amiga Shopper.

Old 16 September 2012, 22:46   #6
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
I have issues 1-7 of Amiga Shopper and issues 3-30 of Amiga Shopper.
Ah, I'm looking for some Amiga Format issues 65+. The Shoppers I'm less bothered about, by themselves. Thanks though!

I agree they won't fetch a great deal on Ebay, but if you can offer to post them (e.g., by hermes via a broker like interparcel) for reasonable price (about a tenner), you might get some bids on them as a job lot. You might get even more selling them individually, but it's a lot of hassle doing loads of listings for a few measly quid!
Old 17 September 2012, 01:18   #7
baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffer View Post
Ah, I'm looking for some Amiga Format issues 65+. The Shoppers I'm less bothered about, by themselves. Thanks though!

I agree they won't fetch a great deal on Ebay, but if you can offer to post them (e.g., by hermes via a broker like interparcel) for reasonable price (about a tenner), you might get some bids on them as a job lot. You might get even more selling them individually, but it's a lot of hassle doing loads of listings for a few measly quid!
Thanks for getting back to me.

Old 17 September 2012, 09:22   #8
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Donate them to be scanned!!