English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 17 September 2020, 16:41   #41
rygar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastyCDGS View Post
Total DOS Collection v14 (around 106GB with over 20.000 files got from archive.org) can be downloaded from the EAB file server in my ~Uploads/BastyCDGS directory.

The newest version is Total DOS Collection 18 released 12.08.2020

Last edited by rygar; 18 September 2020 at 17:41.
Old 17 September 2020, 22:34   #42
dreadnought

Oh boy, it's over 300GB now. A monster. Guess a new HDD is needed for this & exodos.
Old 21 September 2020, 14:52   #43
Anubis
Retro Gamer

What is Total DOS Collection? Is this in any way related to eXo? (which I know for sure is much larger than 106GB)
Old 21 September 2020, 15:15   #44
dreadnought

Well, it's a total DOS collection They originally only did non-CD games, and it was ~40GB, but now they also add isos and also applications.

Eventually it will be much bigger then exodos (which they collaborate with). In short, TDS is a bit like TOSEC, gathering everything, while exo is more like No Intro, concentrating on best versions of individual games (plus launchers, mods, docs etc).
Old 25 September 2020, 19:47   #45
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Thanks,

I had no idea... it look interesting, but again, very space hungry...
Old 17 June 2021, 07:54   #46
BastyCDGS

Send a message via ICQ to BastyCDGS
Hi @ all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Eventually it will be much bigger then exodos (which they collaborate with). In short, TDS is a bit like TOSEC, gathering everything, while exo is more like No Intro, concentrating on best versions of individual games (plus launchers, mods, docs etc).
Total DOS Collection v18 can now be downloaded from my Uploads directory on EAB file server. Have fun! It's really more than 300GB now!

Some stuff which might be interesting: Kryoflux as well as normal 180k/360k/720k/1.44MB IMG floppy dumps (total almost 30GB!).

Also there are now trainers and cracks, lots of game manuals, walkthroughs, source codes, etc.

Sadly, the Application directory is empty, the dump I was gathering didn't have them. Will try to get them as well!

Have fun!

NOTE: I have deleted the old upload Total DOS Collection v14 on EAB file server, since it's obselete now. In case you were downloading it while deleting, just get the missing directories and files from v18.

Last edited by BastyCDGS; 19 June 2021 at 19:21. Reason: Added mentioning of some game source codes
Old 21 June 2021, 12:14   #47
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

I grabbed some great games from http://www.abandonia.com/ . I always try to use GOG.com for my old DOS games.
Old 21 June 2021, 12:33   #48
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Last year TDC didn't have images (IIRC) and I am adamant in installing games from the original floppies (on a Gotek, clearly ) on my retro PCs - pre-cracked games just don't cut it, imho.

I have found a little treasure trove in goodolddays.net 's files on Archive.org - last year they finally decided to open their library to everyone (it was kinda like a private tracker just a short while ago, you had to provide new images before being able to download some) and I have been using them extensively. They have almost everything in image form and they try to mark them as clean or modified when possible.

I will have a look at TDC v18 ASAP, thanks
Old 23 June 2021, 14:25   #49
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Now you can find even complete ao486 disks images with everything preinstalled, but since ao486 is still in development, many of games just don't run correctly.

eXo DOS collection (and now one for Win3.11) contain most of DOS games pre-set to use with some form of Front-End and DOSBox.
Old 23 June 2021, 14:44   #50
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

For me the applications are more important than the games, specifically the creative applications. So many of those software packages have been forgotten about. Rebirth is a good example. We also have the secondary problem that so many of these apps had hardware based copy protection.
Old 05 July 2021, 21:02   #51
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
I have found a little treasure trove in goodolddays.net 's files on Archive.org - last year they finally decided to open their library to everyone (it was kinda like a private tracker just a short while ago, you had to provide new images before being able to download some) and I have been using them extensively. They have almost everything in image form and they try to mark them as clean or modified when possible.
You're welcome