English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 August 2022, 10:17   #121
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

No they do not work fine for all games. Like I said... found that out the hard way.
Old 28 August 2022, 22:20   #122
Superman

New version of Pandory is here and it works with firmware 1.1.1 in fact its recommended to update the firmware in order to use this new version.

Linky here https://github.com/emuchicken/pandory-a500/releases

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 29 August 2022, 00:52   #123
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
New version of Pandory is here and it works with firmware 1.1.1 in fact its recommended to update the firmware in order to use this new version.

Linky here https://github.com/emuchicken/pandory-a500/releases

[ Show youtube player ]
Yes, exciting news! I watched the Team Pandory video this morning and copied all the files over this evening! I will attempt the 1.1.1 Firmware update tomorrow now that Pandory works with it! I may have to find a 2.4A power supply first as I'm a bit wary about using my standard 1A one! Any advice? I see the official guidance is to connect just one gamepad and the usb stick with update file with no hubs and the mouse unconnected for the firmware update process.
Old 29 August 2022, 15:06   #124
BigD

So far so good with the upgrade. Used a 2A PSU during the firmware upgrade with only gamepad and USB stick attached as recommended. Success!

Pandory V2 has some great additions. I'm having a few issues getting my 2No. PS3 pads attached for player 3 & 4 for 4-player arcade games. Maybe the batteries are flat and draining the system too much or maybe I'm out of practise configuring them! It eventually auto-detected them once I charged them a bit so that's probably the problem (it's a shame wired usb connections automatically start to charge them and draws to much over an unpowered hub)!

The music and video players are a great addition as is the MegaCD and DreamCast emulators configured out of the box. Some issues with the controller not working with the Dreamcast games.

Couldn't get Outrun 2006 to run on the PSP emulator; it kept crashing!
Old 29 August 2022, 16:22   #125
Reido

After downloading Pandory and transferring files over, my existing whdload games on USB stick are not working any more... getting a Whdload error then exits back to main menu. Had previously updated to latest firmware. Anyone else experiencing this? Pandory itself looks great and am looking forward to getting stuck into
Old 29 August 2022, 16:53   #126
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reido View Post
After downloading Pandory and transferring files over, my existing whdload games on USB stick are not working any more... getting a Whdload error then exits back to main menu. Had previously updated to latest firmware. Anyone else experiencing this? Pandory itself looks great and am looking forward to getting stuck into

Did you remove your A500 folder and replace it with the pandory one? If you did then you will need to redownload that folder again as the one that comes with pandory literally has 1 file in it and nothing else.
Old 29 August 2022, 17:54   #127
BigD

Quote:
Did you remove your A500 folder and replace it with the pandory one? If you did then you will need to redownload that folder again as the one that comes with pandory literally has 1 file in it and nothing else.
Yes, it's important to leave the A500 folder alone if you're upgrading rather than starting from scratch. It's just the new Pandory V2 folder that you need, surplanting the old one (I relabelled it Pandory_Old while I copied the Roms, controller cfg files and the bios files across).

Last edited by BigD; 29 August 2022 at 18:16.
Old 29 August 2022, 22:47   #128
BigD

Controller Auto Config and CFG files

There definitely seems more of a flakeyness in the way controller configuration is handled in the V2 version. I have ALL the different CFG files copied over for different controllers but I can't get PS3 pads to work now and they only seldom detect as PS3 pads now whereas in V1 I got 4-player arcade games with 2 No. Retro Games Pads and 2 No. PS3 pads working quite reliably! Also, hot unplugging the RGL The Gamepads and replacing them back in is no longer detected leading to a hard reset being required! Baffling as I thought the blurb said they'd improved compatibility with a range of controllers!

Shame can't use V1 now with Firnware 1.1.1 as would like to still play 4-player arcade games!
Old 29 August 2022, 22:51   #129
BigD

... even worse when I tried The C64 Joystick it said,

"Failed to configure The C64 Joystick, initiating fallback"

or something similar!
Old 30 August 2022, 00:33   #130
Reido

Quote:
Thanks lads that did the job!
Old 30 August 2022, 01:14   #131
BigD

Quote:
Just out of interest does that solitary Pandory file you mention NEED to be copied across onto an already installed A500 folder to provide any functionality within Pandory V2?
Old 30 August 2022, 14:29   #132
Reido

I'm sure that's what caused my little problem, cos all I did was copy across the contents of the extracted Pandory file. Something whdload related (I'm pretty sure) was overwritten in the A500 folder containing my whdload games on my USB stick. Superman's suggestion to re-download A500 folder etc from retro games website fixed it for me. Probably just an issue I created for myself!

Edit: sorry just read your question properly. Haven't tried Pandory V2 since but will check later
Old 30 August 2022, 19:22   #133
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Just out of interest does that solitary Pandory file you mention NEED to be copied across onto an already installed A500 folder to provide any functionality within Pandory V2?

No it can be ignored. I think the only reason its there is to make the mini detect the USB stick for people who don't already have the folder and nothing more.

Last edited by Superman; 30 August 2022 at 19:30.
Old 30 August 2022, 22:58   #134
BigD

Thanks!
Old 17 September 2022, 14:57   #135
dax

Can anybody tell me is there a place where I can download complete "CD32 - 80 Games Collection" with correct configs?

I've found the compilation somewhere, but it has less configs than games, also plenty of configs are incomplete. That is why some games works, most does not.

Example that work: Alfred Chicken
Example that does not work: Diggers & Oscar
Old 17 September 2022, 15:55   #136
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax View Post
Can anybody tell me is there a place where I can download complete "CD32 - 80 Games Collection" with correct configs?

I've found the compilation somewhere, but it has less configs than games, also plenty of configs are incomplete. That is why some games works, most does not.

Example that work: Alfred Chicken
Example that does not work: Diggers & Oscar
1st result on Google:
[ Show youtube player ]

BTW it seems there is an updated link to the newer version with more games and the download links on the YouTube description.
Old 17 September 2022, 20:06   #137
dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
BTW it seems there is an updated link to the newer version with more games and the download links on the YouTube description.
I was blind! Sorry, and THANK YOU!

Last edited by dax; 17 September 2022 at 22:21.
Old 18 September 2022, 07:09   #138
dax

I'm sorry if I post in wrong place (I don't know where to post it)...

I want to report problem when running compilations with A500 Mini. No matter if I use 'Arcade Game Selector 2' or 'CD32 - 80 Games Collection" (the newest with 100 of CD32 games). Every time I try to edit game config through game configuration (directly on A500 Mini) from "mouse + cd32 pad" to "joystick + cd32 pad" or "cd32 pad + cd32 pad" it ALWAYS damages .uae config for particular game by removing some of important data. It causes that .uae files are at least twice smaller than before edit via A500 Mini. And not only that... It also damages .uae file even if I don't edit game config but just go to configuration and DO NOT WRITE/DO NOT MODIFY anything. After go to configuration for particular game and exit from the config, game stops working - it shows "blue hand" from Kickstart 1.3 when trying to execute it.

I use A500 Mini with firmware v1.1.1 and I use mentioned two compilations without any modifications (it means untouched from my side).

EDIT: Maybe I've found a solution to play 2 players mode (which I need for some games) - just edit .uae files directly (this part):

;
; *** Controller/Input Configuration
;
joyport0=mouse
joyport0_autofire=none
joyport0_mode=mousenowheel
joyport0_friendlyname=Mouse
joyport0_name=MOUSE0
;
joyport1=joy1
joyport1_autofire=none
joyport1_mode=cd32joy
joyport1_name=JOY1
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_dpad_up=Joy2 Up
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_dpad_down=Joy2 Down
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_dpad_left=Joy2 Left
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_dpad_right=Joy2 Right
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_north=Joy2 CD32 Yellow
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_west=Joy2 CD32 Green
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_south=Joy2 CD32 Red
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_east=Joy2 CD32 Blue
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_left_shoulder=Joy2 CD32 RWD
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_right_shoulder=Joy2 CD32 FFW
joyport1_amiberry_custom_none_start=Joy2 CD32 Play
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_dpad_up=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_dpad_down=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_dpad_left=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_dpad_right=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_north=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_west=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_south=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_east=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_left_shoulder=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_right_shoulder=
joyport1_amiberry_custom_hotkey_start=
;

I know how to do this and probably this is the only solution for me (for now). Using C64 Mini joystick and A500 Mini joypad

Last edited by dax; 18 September 2022 at 07:30.
Old 19 September 2022, 09:08   #139
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reido View Post
I'm sure that's what caused my little problem, cos all I did was copy across the contents of the extracted Pandory file. Something whdload related (I'm pretty sure) was overwritten in the A500 folder containing my whdload games on my USB stick. Superman's suggestion to re-download A500 folder etc from retro games website fixed it for me. Probably just an issue I created for myself!

Edit: sorry just read your question properly. Haven't tried Pandory V2 since but will check later
I try PandoryV2 with last A500mini firmeware.

A500 mini reset at launch and usb support is lost when it's reboot.

Sometime i can see just ROM1.3 insert disk screen.

Have you same issue?

Last edited by CFou!; 19 September 2022 at 09:21.
Old 19 September 2022, 09:40   #140
mrv2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFou! View Post
I try PandoryV2 with last A500mini firmeware.

A500 mini reset at launch and usb support is lost when it's reboot.

Sometime i can see just ROM1.3 insert disk screen.

Have you same issue?
Try a better USB power supply. Pandory and the other mods push the A500 mini so need a 2A or above USB power supply. If you're seeing the Kickstart screen, you've overwritten the config and need to copy back the Pandory_ol.uae file to the USB drive.